TTC check in June 17th

amhess

Cathlete
Hi Ladies!
Starting this a tad early tonight before I go to bed! DH is in Ontario, Canada fishing his little heart out. I hope he has a good time as he won't have too many more chances for trips by himself after the baby comes! I'm sure as the week comes to an end I'll be missing him like crazy. The house is awfully quiet these days!

Had another blood test on Friday and my hCG increased from 1240 to 4776, so that makes me feel like things are on track. First appt is 6/27, but not sure when the first u/s will be. Can't wait for that! I'm starting to feel more sick at night especially in between meals. Feeling a little more like this one is 'real'. I'm still cautious though. I did try Cathe's Low impact step the other day and it felt really good to do. Eating is horrible these days. Need to get back on track.

Melanie - Congrats on the pay increase, great negotiating and how awesome for your current employer to do that for you! Yay!

Lisa - Hard decision to make about when to TTC with DH going back to school. Our original plan was to wait for DH to be done with his bachelor, but that wouldn't be for 2 more years and I'm already 37, so that wouldn't have been good. At this rate we may only have 1 child. I hope not as I would like at least 2.

Morris - How's the weaning going?

Hi Autumn!

Well, I'm off to bed. Getting tired early these days.
Anne

hi anne - so glad you feel the effects:) that dr appt is right around the corner, and they may very well do an in offfice us at that time. keep us posted.

lisa, i empathize with your family's dilema. sounds like you guys are reaching a good compromise.

melanie, are you counting the days? you are not going to disappear until august are you? are you still cycling regularly?

hi autumn!

finn and i are well, still without dh. hope he gets home wednesday if all goes well. we are excited. finn's b-day is thursday, so weds would be perfect. i had a few bad eating days at the end of the week then redeemed myself this weekend, and truthflly, i feel a million percent better now. i am nursing twice each day (am and pm) but will probably drop the am one this week. i keep hoping my cycle will just start. i really do not want to go thru hormone therapy again. it is a real concern for me, esp with the higher risk of twins. i think i could handle that, but with dh gone so much and no family close by, it would be really really hard. i'd just like my body to work. but, i need to give this more time and be patient and see what happens.

i had some great runs last week and did some step. also did my gymstyles which are different, but a fun challenge.

tkae care everyone!

Hi everyone! I hope to be back posting more often... it will be next week. I have a presentation Saturday morning that is taking my time this week. Oh, and everything in order at the hospital before my 2 weeks are completed.

Talk to y'all soon!
Autumn

Anne - I'm so happy to hear that your numbers keep jumping up! Hopefully the time will fly while DH is gone and before you know it, you'll be in your second trimester.

Morris - What does DH do? He's been gone quite awhile now huh? I'm glad you had a great workout week.

Autumn - So good to see you post!

Melanie - How's the preparations for the move going?

As for me, I'm in the midst of painting and doing small renovations to our home. We have guests arriving on Friday and we waited until now to take care of this, but oh well. I have been eating okay. I've been running and not doing much of anything else. I need to get back on track with the weights, but it's been really crazy. Hope you guys have a great night!

Lisa

lisa, i was just thinking to myself how glad i am i don't have any painting to do (though i guess you can always RE paint) as i have no time now. you are amazing to fit that in! nothing like last minute pressure:)

dh is a navy pilot, and yes, he has been gone a loonnnggg time. what should have been a 5 day trip is going on 20 days (not that i am counting). good news is he finally left hawaii and will hiopefully leave california today and be home tomorrow!!! which is great b/c my mil and mom are both coming into town today and tomorrow. yikes!

take care everyone!

Morris - Have fun with the in-laws!

I need to get back on track. I'm packing my lunch today which I hope will help with my eating, but I've been so tired to workout this week. I haven't done anything and it's already Tuesday. I worked out 3x last week. Having to take care of the house has been zapping my time, but I need to make time to workout because I can feel the stress building up.

Hope you ladies have a great Tuesday!

Lisa

Just wanted to let you ladies know that the wait is off! DH spoke with his counselor today and he's going to do an accelerated program which should take him 10-12 mos instead of 18 mos. I asked him if he was okay with the workload and he said yes and that we don't have to hold off on TTC! I'm crossing my fingers that he gets through his thesis okay and the timing works out just right! I think I o'ed earlier this month so we might have missed the egg, but we'll see. No workout today. I fell asleep because I'm just so exhausted from all the housework. Back on track tomorrow.

Lisa

yeahhh lisa! so glad for you guys.

dh got in at 2am this morning! so relieved. finn cut 2 molars yesterday. actually is still cutting them i think today, poor little guy. i am working today so i get tomorrow off for his 1st b-day.

have a good hump day everyone

That's cool, Lisa.

Finn's ONE already? Wow!! That's so amazing! Happy Birthday Finn!!!!

I'm still here guys. ;)

I wend to my pastor for counseling today. He said it was a "textbook case of sexual harrassement". I feel really really awful and sick to my stomach today. So violated. :( FIVE more days at the job...

Hopefully I'll be more cheery tomorrow. I feel like I"m mourning today. :(

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

I'm so sorry Melanie with what happened to you. I didn't realize it was that serious. I'm glad you're out of there and you made the best decision to leave. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm sending positive, happy vibes your way.

Morris - Happy Birthday to Finn! Yay, for your DH being home. I hope you guys have a great family time tomorrow.

I finally got off my butt and went running today and did GS BSB. It felt great. I'm planning on doing B&G tomorrow and then some yoga on Friday to relieve some stress.

Lisa

ahppy friday everyone.

lisa, great workouts! i hope your yoga does relieve stress today. perhaps i should try it!

melanie, i am glad you sought some pastoral counseling. hope that helps you find some peace with things. i too had no idea it was so awful, though, anything that would make a family of 3 move several hours away must be bad! i am counting down your last few days with you. are you still going back in july for relief work?

dh is home, mil is visiting, and my mom is in town though not staying with us. i am having trouble with the chaos. i don't mean to whine, truly, but i am having a hard time changing gears and letting go of the control i normally have of my household. i know things will settle down in a weeek, but it is hard in the meantime. i am working today, which is a bit of a relief.

finn is almost weaned, and i am sad about that. nostalgic and hormonal mainly, and it is my own doing as i chose to wean him. but it is hard b/c none of my family gets that. they all think 12 mons is more than adequate. love those opinionsx(

anyways, hope everyone has a great day and greater weekend. here's to hoping AF comes soon.

Hey ladies,
Well, I think it's going to happen again. :( I started spotting on Wednesday. They got me in for an u/s on Thursday and it only measured about 6 weeks 2 days and I'm pretty sure i should be around 7week 3 days by now. They didn't see a heartbeat. Dr. said it's just too soon to tell me what might happen, so I have to go in next Thursday for an u/s to see if there is growth or a hb.

I was sad yesterday, cried a lot and then got hopeful b/c the spotting had stopped today, but now I'm feeling cramping. My 'gut' instinct is that I'll be losing it this weekend. It's so hard to think that it's happening again to me and the same month as last year too. Ughhh...I just don't think I can go thru this again.

Anyway, just wanted to give you an update. I wish it were better. DH should be home tonight around midnight from his fishing trip in Canada, so I'm greatful for that. I need his arms around me to get through this again. I'm trying to be hopeful, but the pain is getting worse.

Have to run downstairs now as we're in a Tornado warning and I don't want to blow away!
Anne

anne, how are you? i was so sorry to read your post but am praying it is just the routine spotting so many women experience. i hope dh arrived safely and he is a comfort to you as you wait whatever happens. please write anytime, anbd know we are here for you in grief and in celebration.

Lost it last night ladies. It's over now. Jim was home by midnight and was tearful to have learned the news. He felt bad that I had to go through it by myself. We're taking it easy today and napping a lot.

I guess since it happened this time last year, I had prepared myself on Wed when I started spotting and knew it was inevitable. I'm o.k. and we'll keep on trying. It will happen for us again. I think (pray) the odds are on our side next time.

Thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers. I'll be in to chat late next week.

Anne

Anne ((((((((HUGS)))))))))). I am so very deeply sorry for your loss. You and your DH are in my prayers.

Take care!
Autumn

Anne - ((((((((HUGS)))))))))) My heart is breaking for you right now. I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your DH in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry you have to go through this again.

Morris - I went through the same thing when I weaned my kids. You're not the only one to feel those things.

Busy, busy weekend with family in town and a big party tomorrow.

Lisa

No Anne no!!!! I'm sooooooo sorry. I've read your posts the last couple days, and have had you in my prayers. I haven't been able to write until now...I feel absolutely awful, and to have had to go through this without DH...he must feel just awful. Let yourself grieve, you need that. Again, I'm sorry for your pain.

Morris, Jadon still nurses. He's about 19 mos now, I'm thinking he should be just about done...but he just hangs on!! You must be exhausted with all that company around. Is AF late?!?!

Lisa, how things going with all your family and parties?

Today I ran a 12K with a pharmacy school friend. It was my longest race. It was lots of fun, I think I should do 1/2 marathon next...I felt real strong.

Tomorrow we take our littlest to look at some more houses in International FAlls/Baudette area. I"ll feel so much better when I have a home to move into! I've been boxing up lots of things, and we're even taking a load to put into a storage unit.

FOUR more days at current job. I've done 3 relief jobs, it's been an nice change. I've been working 12-13 hour shifts to offset the long distance (about 40-60 miles away). They're really tough on the kids b/c I don't see them all day. I"m taking first week of July off to celebrate!!! Then I will do relief work for July (including 3 days at current store to help out while boss is on vacation).

Talk to you soon!
<<hugs>> <<prayers>>> to Anne

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.