Trouble with the new streaming system

Ally yo

Cathlete
Hi,
I've had endless problems with trying to watch videos in the new streaming system.
I can watch all of the live and old videos however, I can either not play (just keeps loading, black screen) or have freezing videos so I cant watch them.

I am constantly deleting my cashe/browsing history and that just doesn't seem to work.
I'm about to kick in my subscription which I don't want to do but I'm so frustrated.

Does anyone have the same problem and have you been able to fix it?

Hi,
I've had endless problems with trying to watch videos in the new streaming system.
I can watch all of the live and old videos however, I can either not play (just keeps loading, black screen) or have freezing videos so I cant watch them.

I am constantly deleting my cashe/browsing history and that just doesn't seem to work.
I'm about to kick in my subscription which I don't want to do but I'm so frustrated.

Does anyone have the same problem and have you been able to fix it?

It sound like either you have a hard cache going on in which case after clearing your cache also reboot your computer. It's also possible that your isp is using a proxy server in which case the problem should clear up in a few days after the current cached file dies. Also, can let me know if you can play the Ripped With HiiT videos?

Thank you, I was trying to watch Low impact series - Turbo barr and after an hour of clearing cashe and rebooting, it finally worked....for half of the work out then just froze and I could not recover it. I still, hours later cannot access the video.
I have not ever had any problems with the new ripped with hiit series before however, now I am.
The videos just freeze.
I've only started having problems since the old videos have been rolled over onto the new streaming system :(

Last edited:
If you're having a problem with Ripped with HiiT then you don't have a cache problem. The cache problem occurs because we are replacing videos on our old system with our new system videos. Ripped with HiiT was never on the old system, thus cache is not an issue or at least not the only issue. Ripped with HiiT videos have not been replaced and are the same video files you used to access just fine. It sounds like possibly your connection speed might be low and on the borderline? I would suggest clicking on the HD button at the bottom of the player and choosing the low quality feed and see what happens. Also, can you do a speed test at http://www.speedtest.net/ and let me know what it says for your download speed? This will tell us a lot.

I am also having trouble viewing any of the HiiT videos. They start to load but never play. I, too, feel like canceling the subscription. I ran the test videos and was able to view them at all the quality levels.

I am also having trouble viewing any of the HiiT videos. They start to load but never play. I, too, feel like canceling the subscription. I ran the test videos and was able to view them at all the quality levels.

Did you click on the HD button and try the lower quality stream for the ripped with HiiT videos?

I am having the same problem. Im able to view the older videos, but RWH is hit or miss. I may have to cancel eventually.

I am having the same problem. Im able to view the older videos, but RWH is hit or miss. I may have to cancel eventually.

Sorry you're having an issue, but I've tested the Ripped With HiiT videos today and they're all playing fine for me. We've also not had any abnormal reported problems with the Ripped HiiT videos since they were launched. In order for me to help, you first need to do a speed test as outlined below or in the previous thread and also try clicking the HD button and selecting the lower quality bandwidth. If you have a low connection speed or a connection speed that fluctuates and drops below an acceptable level this may solve your issue.

FYI: Older videos are encoded at a lower bandwidth while Ripped With HiiT is encoded in HD at a higher bandwidth. This is probably why you can play older videos but not Rippped with HiiT . But this is why we give you the ability to select a lower quality video bandwidth by clicking on the players HD button. Did you try This?

Also, so you know 95% of problems in playing streaming are usually caused in the last mile of the transmission and include: poor internet connection, wireless (if used) issues, outdated browser, cache issues, outdated operating system, unsupported browser, device used, and the quality of the computer or device played on. Some of these things we can help you with, but without information from a user having an issue there is nothing we can do to help.

The number one thing we need to know is the speed of your connection at the time you have a problem. You can do a speed test at http://www.speedtest.net/and then let us know what it says for your download speed? This will tell us a lot. We also need to know your type of browser and version as the problem may be specific towards your particular browser and version. If we're testing in Chrome and you're using IE there may be something we're not aware of. This is why it is important to give us as much information as possible.

I don't currently have a subscription (will again soon though, loved it!) but could the blizzard we had here recently in New England have impacted the steaming service?? There were a lot of electric outages all over. Maybe ISP issues too??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not likely, problems like this are pretty common as different users have computers and internet service that range from poor to great. You just have to isolate what is causing the issue and find a solution. Our video files are stored on cloud servers all over the world and delivered by the same company that Apple and facebook use, so it's pretty robust.

If you're having a problem with Ripped with HiiT then you don't have a cache problem. The cache problem occurs because we are replacing videos on our old system with our new system videos. Ripped with HiiT was never on the old system, thus cache is not an issue or at least not the only issue. Ripped with HiiT videos have not been replaced and are the same video files you used to access just fine. It sounds like possibly your connection speed might be low and on the borderline? I would suggest clicking on the HD button at the bottom of the player and choosing the low quality feed and see what happens. Also, can you do a speed test at http://www.speedtest.net/ and let me know what it says for your download speed? This will tell us a lot.
Than you, I've changed to the "low quality" and this is working now.
Thank you so much :)

Glad it worked. Still, if you get a chance check your speed and then see if your ISP will increase it. Sometimes this can been done for free or a minimal charge. Poor download speed is the number one reason for videos stalling and not playing well.

I keep having problems with Muscle Max. I thought it might be my laptop, but all other workouts are playing fine, including those on High HD. Muscle Max, I can get to play only IF I turn it to low HD and must start it through going to the Chapter button and starting it at the Intro. I live in a major metro area with very fast Internet speed and have my own router. Even on low HD, MM has been pausing at random moments, and froze completely on plie squat set #1 tonight. I had to go all the way back out three times, started back at the beginning, and went chapter by chapter to get back to it. If it's not at Low HD, I get an error message. This is true not only on my laptop, but on my Smartphone, too. It's been this way since Sat., so I don't think it's a fluke. Every other workout On Demand plays fine in High. My browsers and cache and all that are cleared regularly on both phone and laptop.

It's really not a big deal for me, just thought I'd bring it to your attention. Thanks! :)

Good afternoon, Im having problems again and have run the scan you had suggested. The results were: "PING" ;13 mins, "Download speed";3.56mbphs, "upload speed" ; 0.61mbps. Does this mean I have slow internet?

A download speed of 3.56 mbps is extremely bad and not enough to stream videos without issues. In our office our download speed is 312 mbps, which is nearly 1oo times faster than yours and most consumers with cable modems have download speeds of at least 25 to 100 mbps. Have you checked with your internet provider to see if they can increase your speed?

Thank you, unfortunately, we don't have any kind of high speed anything in Australia. Ive shopped around and the fastest is 30mbps which should do....I hope lol. Thank you so much for your help :)

Since nobody replied to my problem, I will post it here. On my laptop and my Kindle, which I regularly play videos on, the streaming either stops and starts every few seconds, or stops halfway through. It is getting very irritating and I am going to cancel if it continues.

Hi horselady21

When it comes to stalling and freezing videos at least 95% 0f all problems are because of a lousy internet or wireless connection. If this is the case once the OnDemand video starts playing you can click on the HD button located at the bottom of the player and select a lower quality stream. This will help most but not all users with poor internet connections. But you really need to do a speed test to see what your download speed is on a site like http://www.speedtest.net/ This will tell you if the problem is your internet service. Problems like this can also be caused by an outdated browser or device.

I don't see an HD button anywhere. Is this while the video is playing? All I see is a timer in the left bottom corner beside the play/pause button, and in the right bottom there is a "share" with the full screen toggle. I am checking with Verizon now about my internet speed. It is supposed to be "high speed".

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.