Training for the BIG one.....

CledaB

Hi Cathe!

I'm coming out of winter hibernation and training for my next event. I need some help. (other then psychological, which I know you don't offer.... except in the form of endorphins! ;) )....

Lovin' the new dvd's, although I admit, I haven't de-shrunk Muscle Endurance yet (heard there's alot of tall box climbs in that.... HATE them...x( ) ... anyway...

I want to get the upper body strong(er) as well as the core, not so much the legs, as they get the work from cycling, although will do them if you recommend it. I don't want to overtrain (who me?) .... so here's the deal:

I am training to ride a double century in June .... on the 14th. I have about 7 weeks of training left before I taper off. I know that losing a few pounds (joined the WW check in below) and getting a stronger upper/body/core will help..... I am doing ok with it, getting in the base miles (up to 200 a week for now!) and our average for 140 miles was 15.5 mph (not bad for distance with headwinds). I would like to improve that ~~ Basically, I'd like to be a mean machine (albeit, larger than the average cyclist!) .....

Soooooooo can you offer any rotation of weight work using any of your weight dvd's (my favorites are CTX Upper Body, Body Max Upper Body, PS CST, and your new PUB ....) ..... That would help get me stronger instead of overtraining???? (Who me?) ... ;) So that I can boost my mph or at the very least, just make it more comfortable for me to cycle 200 miles in a day???? THANX!

Have a TERRIFIC Easter!
Cleda

Cathe, I'm looking forward to hearing your training ideas. I'm not training for a Double Century or any event right now, but I usually do have an event on the calendar. Like Cleda, I look to your workouts for upperbody & core while trying not to zap the legs. I do find I need to try & fit in some isolation floor work to help balance out the strength of the quads.

Debra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.