Total Gym ......Yay or Nay????

andilynn67

Cathlete
Thinking of purchasing one to supplement other workouts and maybe get my DH interested in trying something (I'm thinking this could be used while he watches TV Lol) any one own one of these ? If so what are your feelings? A worthy purchase? Thx!

Total Gym

Love mine. Bought it a few years ago. Have used it a lot, especially for pull ups. Also bought the weight plate bar. That way I can add additional weight when doing legs. Didn't have room for the squat rack so this works really well for me. I use the weighted vest and then add weights to the total gym on the highest elevation. Much safer than trying to squat heavy with out a spotter or a squat rack. Haven't used the Pilates attachments, ever. They came with mine.

Thx! I think I am going to get one , I think it would be a great addition to my Cathe workouts and I've been trying to get my husband interested in working out and I think it would appeal to him too!

I have one, and I generally like it. There are videos to go with it - if you buy a Total Gym, and you want some, contact me before purchasing, because I would be happy to sell or trade. The general feel of the Total Gym videos are not as well done as a Cathe video, even though they've got Rob Glick doing some of them. I'm a true video junkie, and I need someone (in a video) to guide me through a workout so that I do everything the correct number of times and on both sides, etc. Total Gym's video's are only fair in that respect because they just don't entertain me as much as Cathe does, and that aspect alone led me to put the Total Gym away.

I, too, hoped my husband would use it - and he used it - maybe twice.

I also bought the cycle trainer, and would be willing to trade/sell that, too.

The video workouts themselves are great - you are thoroughly worked, but it is totally different feel than a Cathe workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.