To go workout

adriennesmith0

Cathe,

I'm going on vacation for a week and will not have access to a gym or equipment. Could you give me a routine that I could do while I'm gone so I don't go backwards while I'm away. Any ideas / suggestions I would be extremely grateful for!! Thanks.

Adrienne

Adrienne,
If you haven't already done so, I suggest you also post this question in the "Open Discussion" forum, where other 'travelling Catheites' could give you some suggestions.
;-)

If you have a band, I posted something a few weeks ago I believe on the Video forum called Band Vacation Workout. I basically went thru most of Cathe's workouts and wrote down the band exercises she uses so if you have Cathe's later workouts, you'd recognize the names of the exercises.

Not Stacy here but I just found this workout. Just go to search at the top of your page type in band vacation workout. It will give you similar topics in each of the forums, just scroll down to the video forum (2nd one down), and you will see the topic. It looks good.

resistance bands are great and easy to pack up and use on vacation.

This is what I am going to do when I go away for 2 weeks this summer!

Good luck!

:)

"Life is too short - Be the best you can be every single day of your life!"

Eva~Here is the link for the vaction band workout.

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?...ic_id=65031&mesg_id=65031&listing_type=search

Also, here is a workout Cathe posted a few years back for vacation. I have used it several times and it is ideal for a hotel room.

25 minutes a morning is all you need to maintain enough so that when you come back you will not feel out of the loop. Bring one set of moderate pound dumbbells (5 or 8 pounds)Here is a sample two week vacation workout:

Monday/Wednesday/Friday

a) Warm Up:
5 minute brisk walk

b) Legs:
Leg Blast:
30 seconds non-weighted squats
30 seconds plyo jacks
30 seconds squats/ with dumbbells in hands
30 seconds front kicks (no dumbells)
30 seconds side kicks (no dumbbells)

Forward lunges (with dumbbells)....3 sets 15 reps (Rt leg 15 / Left leg 15 then do the next set).

Back lunges (with dumbbells).....Same reps/sets as forward lunges.

c) Torso/Arms
Chest: 3 sets of 10 push ups...On last rep of last set hold push up 1/2 way down for 20 seconds.

Back: One arm dumbbell rows (put both weights in one hand) do 3 sets of 15 reps per arm.

Biceps: Concentration curls (put both weights in one arm)do 3 sets of 15 reps.

Triceps: ALTERNATE one set of dips (15 reps) with one set of double arm kickbacks (do as many as you can with that weight and good form). Do three alternating sets.

Shoulders: Seated bent arm side lateral raises (10 reps) right into rear delt flys (as many as you can with that weight and good form). Do three alternating sets.

Abs: traditional crunches for 3 minutes and then flip over and hold a one minute plank

Stretch

Tues/Thursday/Saturday

A 25 minute walk/run (this includes 5 minute brisk walk warm up and three minute stretch)

Bon Voyage

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.