Thoughts on the new workouts

aqua girl

Cathlete
I have been previewing and blending the new workouts and as a whole, am very pleased with them But,
I do wish that some of the chapters that have two sets back to back ( ex: chest exercises, some of the others)
Would have been chaptered individually , per set, as you have done in many previous workouts, like for ex)
Chest presses, set 1, then set 2, etc. in that way, if you only wanted to do one set of each, or one set of each
And then run thru it again, before removing the bench, especially in the blender, would have been nice.
The individual chapter for removing the bench was a good idea, but in using the blender, I probably will
Use other workouts for those exercises and not these, simply to be able to customize better. You have almost
Always broken it into sets, curious why these weren't . Anyway, great workouts and the above is just my
Opinion, and you know what they say about opinions, everybody's got one!!! :):)

Hi aqua girl,

The reason we don't break the exercises you mentioned into sets is that we don't feel doing just one set is enough "time under tension" or is enough "volume" to be beneficial in these workouts. These sets are also are done with a very quick break between them and are really just one set with a brief pause. I think the bench press time for both sets, including the rest pause, is less than 90 seconds - that's less than 45 seconds for each set. That's just not enough time doing this exercise if you only do one set to get results with the weights used in the workout. Also, you can always just click your next button after the first set if you want to skip the second set or as you already mentioned just grab a bench press segment from another workout if want to use the Workout Blender to make a 1 set workout.

Yep, that's the beauty of the blender...in one of my mixes, I even added in an incline bench press from STS and
Incline flys from ICE, before Removing the bench, so I guess I made more time under tension :) thanks for the
Reply and everybody's hard work.

Just a suggestion, maybe for any upcoming workouts, in working with the blender and what I mentioned above,
It would be nice to separate the sets as in so many other workouts, not necessarily to do just one set, but to change
It up within the same workout, like a chest press set, then 1 set of flys, then another press if you want, etc...or maybe even 3 press sets, with 1 fly, if you follow my drift....true, you can grab individual sets from other workouts
In the blender, but individual sets are nice.:). Just a comment and suggestion. I love the new workouts, BTW.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.