Those *&%$#@$% Plie squats!!

bestoutwest

Cathlete
Made the mistake of doing Muscle Max and High Step Challenge 2 days in a row (yesterday and today). Those "dumbbell-passing plie squats" just about did me in. If I thought my thighs were burning yesterday when I was done, imagine how they feel today!!!! But, hey, both are GREAT workouts and I feel wonderful having finished them both.:)

Oh yeah, those will getcha! I did High Step Challenge today and so I know what you're talking about! :)
Jo

I was NOT looking forward to the plie squats when I previewed MM. But I do 'em! and.... I'm learning to love 'em! Hardcore Series....hurts SO GOOD!!

"Welcome the challenge...Embrace it...Don't fear it." -Cathe Friedrich

I like the new twist to this plie squat. I did them first in High Step Challenge when I first got my DVDs and was glad to see them again yesterday in Muscle Max. I love them!!

Beverly

Right! And now add on the plie squats from Gym Style Legs (singles followed by low ends for 15 times 2, then repeat the whole thing again!) and you will truly be screaming sister!

I like the new version of the plie squats where you exchange the dumbell from hand to hand. Much nicer than duking it out with endless reps and a heavy barbell.

Clare

>I like the new version of the plie squats where you exchange
>the dumbell from hand to hand. Much nicer than duking it out
>with endless reps and a heavy barbell.
>

Yes, I agree with this, I usually can go pretty heavy on plies,
unless I am doing them wrong, so I thought a 15# dumbell would
be too light, but no way, these are burners for sure! But I can
get through them, now if I could just get through the static lunges.
Those I struggle with most.

>I was NOT looking forward to the plie squats when I previewed
>MM. But I do 'em! and.... I'm learning to love 'em!
>Hardcore Series....hurts SO GOOD!!
>
I have a love/hate relationship with Plie Squats...I can do them, but it's more comfortable with dumbells than the barbell. If I go lighter, then I'll do the plie deeper. Overall, Plies are evil...but not as evil as LUNGES!!! Lunges are the Satan of the exercise moves!!

>"Welcome the challenge...Embrace it...Don't fear it." -Cathe
>Friedrich

Uh I have (since starting hardcore) felt muscles I didn't know I had!! My inner thighs are sore all the way up to the place where my legs and body meet- never had that before- ouch!!!

catherine

I, too, love this version of plie squats! Now the jumping plie squats from IMAX 3 are another story...they are so hard!

Beth

These are great! I also go quite heavy with plie squats and was surprised at the burn from these. I'll take plie squats over regular squats any day, though. Squats are my least favorite lower body exercise but I kind of like lunges.

I'm with you on the lunges, Susan. They hurt but I know I'm hitting my legs right away (love those slow motion lunges in GS Legs). As for the plie squats, I prefer dumbbells but my hands are comfortable only up to about 25 pound dumbbells. If I want more than 50 lbs total, I have to use a barbell.

I love that new plie move with the dummbbells! We did them last night in class a zillion reps, pulsing 4X and then pulsing and switching after 2 counts. I did them AGAIN this morning in class and my inner thighs were screaming OUTLOUD. I don't remember being THAT sore ever in my inner thighs. It hurt sooo good!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.