This really scares me

LauraMax

Cathlete
This is a post from my local message board. It happened about 4 blocks from my house:

"Hello everyone. I am the woman who was attacked. The young man came jogging in back of me. He asked if the puppies bite. I said they may nibble. He asked to pet one of them and i let him. I started to walk again and he started to walk in back of me. I pulled my puppies to the side to let him pass but he didn't. I started to walk again and he punched me in the jaw an said give me your f*in dogs. I fell to the ground and started kicking him and screaming. My puppy growled and he punched my dog in the head and i kicked him again and he backed off. I ran up to the closest house and rang the doorbell repeatedly. The kind people let me in and the kid ran down the side street towards Valley Street. I have two pitbull puppies. He is a young black male about 5'4" small build. He was wearing a black zip-up hooded sweat shirt and a bright blue baseball hat. If you have ANY information PLEASE call the M-- Police as soon as possible!!!"

I have two pedigreeds (well, one pedigreed pug & one psuedo-pedigreed puggle). I sure hope this is an isolated incident, or that this person isn't ballsy enough to actually enter someone's property. I have a four foot stockade fence around my yard, but now I feel like I need to be watching the monsters constantly!

Oh My Gosh is all I can say! That sent chills down my spine. I have 3 dogs and I think I would kill to keep them safe! That is so scary. Thank heavens she is alright. What is happening to society?

Thank God she fought back!!! For both her sake and the dogs.
I'm glad to hear that everyone is OK, physically, at least.

This happens a lot where I am. I just don't trust anyone. At all. I've been mugged at gunpoint and pickpocketed. I now carry 3 different weapons (not guns) on me at all times.
I have cats, but even if I had dogs, they'd never go outside without me...and a weapon.

Scary and sad? Yes. But true.

I am guessing he was interested in pitbulls in particular. I've heard a few stories about gangs and thugs using aggressive dogs to defend their territory.

But that's just a guess.

Jodi, I was thinking that as well. I live in a beautiful, affluent little town, but it borders some extremely low income, crime-ridden areas, including Newark.

My greatest fear is there's a dogfighting ring somewhere nearby & they're looking for victims. The very idea of my two defenseless, trusting little babies getting stolen for something so vile & terrible is completely freaking me out. I'm already pretty paranoid (I watch WAY too many true crime shows!), but now I won't even let them in the yard alone.

This has been happening in NYC where the dogs have been sold. Some people actually got their dogs back after the new owners read about it in the papers. I volunteer at the local SPCA in Kingston NY and we have taken reports of people having their dogs stolen out of their yards and cars.

OMG!

How utterly awful and scary1

Poor woman what a fright!

I'm glad she and her puppies got away from the idiot!

That is pretty scary Laura! Especially so close to your house!!! :eek:

Nobody better come near my wienies unless they want a good A$$ whoopin! >:l

OMG Laura!

Please take every precaution so this doesn't happen to you.

You have got to be frightened, stay safe.

Janie

4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif
[/url]

The idea is to die young as late as possible.

Hello Laura.

Please be careful out there, it's a dangerous world.
Crime has increased everywhere. Was this incident in the news or reported in the papers to make people more aware? Was it reported to the police?
Like a previous post, pitbulls and other aggressive breeds are used to protect gang territories, which I've heard and seen on the news.

OK .. that is so scary .. and SICK .. freaking jerk deserves a bullet in his freaking no good gangsta head ... (sorry if I offend .. no flames .. just my stand on getting scum bags off the street)

Laura .. did the dogs get away .. ?? she said he backed off .. did her pups get to safety too???

Please be careful .. there are some sick psychos out there .. and I hope to the good Lord above that jerk gets exactly what he deserves ... !!!!

I would worry about dog fighting too ... especially gangs .. but they usually want the supposed "bad@$$" dogs (pits and rotties) .. or like you said "victims" ..but they also want to ringer dog to be a fighting dog too .. (can you tell my brother is in law enforcement)

Please you and your pooches be careful!!

My big babies I worry about that very thing .. b/c they draw so much attention .. I had so many comments about them from low lifes here at work that I got scared and had to remove their pictures b/c I was scared that they would find out where we live and nab my big babies .. and this would surely be the end of me and my sanity ... stupid @$$hole criminals!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.