The "name our puppy" contest - any ideas??

briee

Cathlete
Early Monday morning we are heading way north to pick up an old english mastiff puppy. He is male and will probably grow to be 200-225 pounds, Lord willing.

We are at a loss for names. Our previous male was named Samson, the puppies father is named Puddles (aren't those two extremes). He will be a big wrinkly lovable cuddly guy. We love Bible names, but are willing to entertain any ideas if you would happen to have any.

If we decide to use your name, you will win an all expense paid trip to DebbieH's 2000 post celebration party which will probably be held in several locations across the globe so as to include our out-of-the-country poster's. (Debbie please don't post here as I'm completely unprepared as of yet and I don't want to run up your numbers).

Thanks everyone!!

Briee

Sir

How about "Sir"? Whenever he's doing something he shouldn't be doing, it would be so funny to hear yourself say "Sir, would you please get off the couch!" or "Sir, please don't pee on the floor..."
:)

RE: Sir

My son LOVES the Veggie Tales so the name that pops up in my mind is Jonah. Or you can get another 2 puppies and name them Rack, Shack and Benny.

hmm

here are my ideas:

Oz, like in the Wizard of Oz

Frank, I think it would just be cute to have this massive dog called Frank.

Harry, this name reminds me of an overweight bald man.

Squirt?

Roger, another goofy one

Luke

Peter

Zen

Buddha :)

names

Congratulations on your new puppy, lotsa love and good times to you all! (My neighbor has 3 mastiffs, BEAUTIFUL! Ceasar, Jake and Precious!)

But I want to suggest "Dakota" as a name in honor of Cathe's beloved lab!

Whichever name you decide, I'm sure it will be be fitting! ;)

It's hard to name an animal without being in his presence to get a vibe for his personality and his look. But here are some names that might fit:
Max (a good, solid name. Nickname could be "Maxie." Could be seen as short for "Maximillian.")
Boris (somehow mastiffs look like "big Russian man with jowls"!)
Winston (British, and Winston Churchill had kind of a Mastiff look)
Petey (If he's a bit lovable galoot who seems like a kid despite his size.)
Reggie (Short for Reginald. Another British name. To be used if he seems somewhat arrogant and proud.)
Archie (another goofy guy name)

RE: The "name our puppy" contest - any ideas??

Shiloh! The little town near Bethel, were the Ark of Covenant was for a while. Not to mention I have an old friend named Shiloh, and he is a very nice person.......good association with the name. Also, that great Neil Diamond song :)

These are my picks....

Nathan
Bijou
Neimiah
Jedediah (Jed for short)
Zion
Esau
Ollie
Bullet
Noodle
Grunt
Mason
Crease
Zeus
Levi
Elliott

Everyone, BUT Briee!

Briee, you don't listen very well! :7 What, you are not ready for my party yet???? Get busy girl! Tee-Hee! Hmmmm, lets see:

Tanana (our 13 year old collie's name we had to put to sleep) Used to call her Tanana-Banana or Nana for short (not very Biblical!)

Just to name a few Bibical names:
Jeremiah
Ezekiel
Elijah
Samuel
Cornelius
Cyrus
Esau
Jacob
Josiah
Methuselah
Titus
Micah
Moses
Saul

BTW, what do I get if I win??????
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

What about Goliath or Zachariah (Zack)?

Whatever name you choose, enjoy your puppy!

Linda

Briee...Old English Mastiff...Biblical names...how about Samson or Jericho...congrats on your prospective new pup! How fun!

Dawn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.