The cream in my coffee conundrum.....

Shelshula, thanks for your response. I do have some almond milk on hand. I like it for cereal so I can give that a try.

I agree. Probably the coffee isn't such a big deal. What I should be working on is the evening adult beverage + premium ice cream habit.

Thankfully DF is on-board with the changes I want to make and isn't going to get in a huff if I don't join him for one or the other or both. Lucky ecto! :D

cocoa

I love a tbsp of cocoa in my coffee with stevia. With the dutch-processed organic 100% pure cocoa you get a dose of polyphenols which are great antioxidants! And it's great when you need that little chocolate fix!

I never have clumps. I stir it right in and it tastes great. It settles at the bottom a little bit after awhile, but that just makes your last drink all the more chocolately!!!;)

Creamer is something that i sturggle with too:eek: i drink two cups of coffee in the morning and im quite embarrassed to say that i put that terrible powdered 'mystery' product in my coffee....:eek:.

after reading this thread,im convinced that i need to find something more healthier for my coffee. Im going to try some of the suggestions here...Thanks for the thread Suzanne! And thanks for all the suggestions ladies!:)

Hi Amelia. I know what you mean about those mystery creamers. I do contemplate them on the shelf there - all those alluring flavors..... but I resist :cool:.

I wonder if Traci ever received her mimicreme and if it was any good? I'm loving my almond milk on my Ezekiel cereal these days but I want creamy stuff in my coffee and the almond milk is on the thin side.

I realize I jumped the gun earlier referring to DF as DH. Still have a ways to go yet. :eek:

I wonder if Traci ever received her mimicreme and if it was any good? I'm loving my almond milk on my Ezekiel cereal these days but I want creamy stuff in my coffee and the almond milk is on the thin side.

Hey gals.... I ordered MiMi Unsweetened Cream and it should be here today or tomorrow - I'll update you as soon as I have that TEST cup of java!

I ordered from AMAZON.com it comes in a 4 pack of 32oz each for 19.95 & I get free shipping (because I order so much!);)

I put 1/2 and 1/2 AND coffee mate creamer in my coffee-yikes!! And when you add it up (4-5 cups a day), it amounts to alot. My dad started drinking his coffee black and lost 10 lbs in a couple of weeks. I don't know if I can do black, I can't even do whole milk. I used to tell myself if I am eating well, the cream in the coffee won't matter much, and it probably wouldn't if I only had 1-2 cups a day. Its funny when I am eating well I drink more coffee. I think it is to keep my mouth occupied. I probably would be better off having a clean snack instead.

chrissy

Traci, where are you????????

I'm so sad you haven't come back to tell us about the mimicreme.

Well, I went ahead and ordered some. Couldn't wait for the release of the smaller packages so I've got about a gallon of the stuff coming my way from Amazon.

I will give it a try and then let you all know what I find.

Now....anyone got any good recipes calling for cream? :eek:

Suzanne, it is funny that you should mention this. Cream in my coffee was one of my vices. WAS is the key word here. I decided in January to clean up my diet and creamer was a goner. I can't say that I feel so much better without it, but my body is finally changing and my pants are falling off. I now use a teaspoon of honey in my coffee. Works for me! Good luck chickie!

A teaspoon of honey? I've never thought of that! Thanks Melissa!! Do you still put milk or anything else in it or just honey?? I *heart* honey, so I'm going to definitely try this one!! :)

So Many Good Suggestions

I've read so many good suggestions on this forum. Cinnamon, Mimicream, Honey, Cocoa, Almond Milk, etc. etc.

I recently gave up my coffee cream too. Here's how I did it: I bought better tasting coffee. No more Foldgers or Maxwell House. I buy the flavored coffee (I've been experimenting with Millstone and Whole Foods brand) and add some skim milk. Not as creamy, but I love the flavor from the coffee so I guess that makes up for the cream. I figure if I'm not buying creamer anymore, that money can go towards better coffee. I always have skim milk on hand, so it works for me.

Thanks for all the suggestions though! Sure do learn a lot from reading the responses.

Froth :)

I LOVE creamy coffee, but i hate the calories. So, I make my coffee the healthy way (with water) and then I use this frother that I got for christmas. It's a jug, with a pushy net thing, you heat themilk (less than 60ml) and then pump it. ANd it nearly trip[les in size, and you get like whipped cream, only healthier. It may not taste exactly the same, but the hot mi;lk makes the coffee taste just as creamy, and it's no where near as calorific. It's one of the best pressies I ever got! he he:eek:

Hope that helped

I just found this on the internet and am going to try it next time I place an order. I thought you might be interested:

go to www.greensmoothiegirl.com and check out the store, they are selling Coconut Milk Powder. I'm not sure how it compares on the calories but it is definitely going to be healthier and hopefully tastier!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.