***TGIF CLEAN & TIDY***

dlandkk808

Cathlete
Thought I would start off the thread although it's still Thursday for me.

Kate - I haven't tried MMA boxing yet. I did try the Kickboxing one though. How was your soup? Mine turned out pretty good.

Becky - I could never work that schedule. I do not do well on lack of sleep. I am a grouch. Hope you and dh have a nice bday celebration.

Colleen - What did you end up eating for dinner?

Clintoya - I think about getting a masters in acctng every now and then and then test for the cpa, but maybe when my baby is a little older.

I am dragging my feet with working out. I think I feel a little burnout. I've been on these rotations for the last four months that pretty much repeat week after week that I think it's getting to me. Any suggestions for something to get me enthused again? I am so tempted to quit the last month of P90X, but I am telling myself it's only four weeks. I am so ADD with my workout routines. I want to run, but supposedly too much cardio will eat away any muscle gain I have gotten so what to do, what to do. Anyway, be back!

Lisa

Just got through with MMA Boxing. Great suggestion Kate! It was the perfect wo for how I'm feeling. It was enough to get me moving without feeling exerted and I loved the core segment. Off to shower then to bed. I'm turning in for the night as you ladies get ready for the day. See you in a few!

Lisa

Good Morning Girls , Hi Lisa !

I can't believe I didn't check in yesterday ! I did MMA boxing /core conditioning (LOVE!) and then the boys were here ! I ended up with Jackson & Brayden , because Brayden was crying that his brother got to stay and he didn't !:p So I told my DD he could stay too . So, no preschool for him and we cut, and colored and played puzzles and watched Charlie Brown (he LOVES CB Halloween & Christmas so we watch them everytime he comes over ) , and played trucks.........all day ! I had them much longer than I was supposed to but we really had so much fun and they were so good. Lot's of hugging and cuddling with Jackson too. He still loves to rock and be held ...yay !!!:D:D

My eating was clean and on the light side since I didn't even have time to eat ! I kind of was reminded how it was with little ones and just grabbing what you could, when you could. Of course I made sure they ate real meals.
B protein shake- made before they got here and sipped thru the morning
L hummus & salsa and pita chips
D bowl of wheat and bran cereal with a banana and soymilk

This morning is disc 9 legs. TGIF !!!!!!!!!! Hii to everyone !!! I missed reading from yesterday & it looks like I missed a LOT !!!!!!!! Looks like a chatty day for sure !;)

Becky

Morning

Becky your day y-day sounds so much fun. I guess I miss having little ones. ^5s on the clean eats.

Lisa sorry about the w/o burn out. That usually happens to me if I try to do the same dvd over a month. I can only make it through 2 weeks and then I ready to throw it out the window. It's your workout so make it fun. how about shortening P90X and adding on 20min run or step. How much is too much cardio for you? NITE

No work today so I guess I'll go shopping for a new pocket book and groceries. I forgot to buy fish.
My w/o today is some cardio, CTX bi and tri

Last edited:
good morning everyone. this is the first morning i have slept in in a while. guess i am getting back to my mornings:D plan today is to go swim, and hit the library with kiddos. we had some crazy rain yday, then it stopped at 4. boys and i went out and they went nuts in the puddles - they got so dirty and wet and had so much fun! eats were super yday, i need another day like that.

beckymd - i LOVE running. usually i do 55-65 mpw but i tore my calf muscle partially 2 weeks ago so i am at 30-35 right now, slowly getting back up. i do not race but love to run.

lisa, i have never done a rotation that long, but, if you like how you look and feel, why not just take a week off from it and do what you want?

kate, sorry for the grumps, but good coping. so much better than cookies:eek:

robin, enjoy your shop.

colleen, how was your dinner?

good morning everyone else. i will bbl

oh, man, when will this cold END?!?! we leave in 3 days!!!! i am also praying that dh does not come down with this cold as we are leaving... it felt like it was gonna be quick but now im going on 5 days =( waaaah!!!! make it go away!!!!! also TTOM for me which doesnt help me feel any better. hoping that is over my tomorrow cuz i want to go for wax and pedi appt before we leave.

okeee, enough of the whining =)

lisa, ikwym, i have total workout add and rotations that are too repetitive just kill me. wtg for lasting so long with p90x!!

becky, its always so nice to hear about your time with the grands...such a sweet time you have with them =)

robin, yay for a day off!! fish sounds good. i dont make it as often as i should and tuna steaks areon sale this week...hmmm...

b - oatmeal and...
l - veg and goat chs panini
d - thinking about making tuna steaks with mango salsa and wheat couscous, if i can get out to store!

Morning ladies, sorry for the late check in. I did a 4 mile run this morning, now off to work. YAY for Friday!

Wendy, fingers and toes crossed that your cold disappears rapidly!
Nina, have a good swim today!
Robin, a new purse? Definitely show us what you get!
Becky, sounds like you had fun with the little ones!

Good Morning Everyone!

I am glad it is Friday. I think my sleep schedule is off because I could not fall asleep last night and then could not get up this morning. Since I slept in I did not do my workout in the AM so tonight I will do STS Disc 9 legs.

For everyone who asked, we had tacos last night for dinner. They were good and easy to make since I had left over steak.

Mdbecky, happy birthday to DH! Enjoy your day off.
Katie, sorry you did not get your day off today but I hope it goes by fast.
Becky, sounds like you had a great day with your grandkids.
Nina, it is nice to sleep in every so often but I seem to do it more and more...
Lisa, ikwym about workout burnout. Sometimes taking a week off or maybe just do a month of something else and go back to the last phase of P90X?

b: scrambled eggs w/ half bagel & cc
l: leftover chop suey, clementimes
s: apple
d: spaghetti & turkey meatballs

Lisa, it is hard to do school w/the little ones. My dh and I have been taking classes over the last few years, but we were unable to do it when our youngest was born. I made it through the pregnancy and then took off a couple of yrs. Glad you found a workout to put you in a goo d mood!

Becky, that sounds like such fun! I miss having little ones sometimes :) I did legs yesterday and am still feeling it now!

Robin, enjoy your day off :) Did you by anything else while you were out:)

Nina, glad you were able to sleep in, it can really help sometimes. And, that day sounds fun!!:)
Wendy, I think you sent that cold down here-Jasmin has it now :) And my head is not feeling so good this morning. Now that you’ve sent it here, it has to go away by Disney, right :)

Katie, hope you had a good run and have a good Friday!

Colleen, have fun with legs tonight! I love tacos!

Md-Becky, hope your dh has a great birthday today!

Hi to everyone!

mma-boxing today and hoping for a clean eating day, the weekend is when it can all start going downhill:eek:

Clintonya

Morning!

Started off the day with a phone call from Danica's principal-she got a bloody nose on the bus. Apparently she fell for the "If your hand is bigger than your face" trick and her friend hit her hard. Good news is her glasses aren't broken!;) And she's still going to her friend's house tomorrow for their playdate:) Went out to breakfast-had a 3 egg veggie omlette with light cheese and 1 sausage link-no hash browns or pancakes! Last night wasn't as good-4 Dove dark chocolate hearts, 5 sweet tart gummi hearts and 2 mini bags of Doritos!!:eek: I'm guessing I didn't eat enough during the day? Today I'm babysitting then doing STS Disc 5-Back/Triceps. I really need to start doing core work-I've been slacking and it shows-ugh.

Lisa, I had the same problem with P90X-not enough variety. Can you stick to the weights and change up the cardio?

Becky, what a fun day you had!

Robin, "pocket book"-love it:) Hope you find a nice one!

Nina, I can't wait for that kind of weather-feelin gso cooped up and it's only the middle of January:( We've got another 3 months at least. Maybe I'll sign Nevena up for another storytime:)

Wendy, hope you're on the mend! So jealous of your pedi!

Katie, nice run! Sorry you didn't get the day off!

Colleen, hope you get your workout in! I always love readin gyour menu-everything sounds so yummy!

Clintonya, I hear ya on the weekend eating thing. I just read something in Self that says one of the reasons we eat poorly on Mondays is because of all the crap we eat over the weekend-it takes 3 days for the fullness response to kick in because of Palmitic acid which is found in saturated fat. It causes our brains to ignore the signal. So we end up hungrier after weekend indulgences:(

Hey ladies. My w/o, floors, groceries, shopping are all done. We are having taco's tonight.

Nina :D puddle jumping is lots of fun.

Wendy I like talapia and wild salmon. I need to try tuna steaks. Here is some get well vibes~~~~~~~~~~~

Katie I brought this one and of couse used my discount and coupons
http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.asp...ND=22&cmVirtualCat=&CmCatId=50434|66371|66372

Just a little weekend bag.

Colleen good idea for the tacos. Thanks

Clintonya enjoy your boxing.

Klaudia I was reading what you ate and had to laugh at the Doritos.:D Those mini bags are so sneaky.
I hope Danica didn't hurt herself too much. That weekend thing makes alot of sense.

klaudia, not to minimize, BUT, you had tiny portions of everything. i wish i had THAT control when i pulled out the snacks. sounds like you were hungry though. plus, you had a pretty amazing wo that probably contributed to hunger. great job with breakfast. and sorry about danica - hope she is okay.

hi kate - bye kate!

hi robin, nice buy!!

clintonya, good luck thisweekend. i know what you mean about the weekend being tough. my downfall is my emotions. i need to stay centered.

hi colleen. glad you slept in. it is addictive though.

hi katie - great run. enjoy your workweek ending.

wendy, fingers crossed for no sickness.

swim and ccc done. both were very hard for me today. eats are totally clean, but i still have the afternoon to get thru. bbl....

Hey all, sorry I have been MIA today. Went on a date day with Ryan (got to see Avatar in 3D and in English - YAY!) and then got home and had to workout then make dinner and put kids to bed.

I did leaner legs. It was HARD for me. I haven't worked legs in a long time like that. I was sweating and breathing for sure. That one just never lets up.

Going to bed... promise for longer post tomorrow!

Sweet dreams all!

Quick check-in before we go to my grandma's for dinner. I did my workout, but it was really hard today-did less reps on the 1st set of chins than I did last week. I added on the planks from CTX-my core is weaker than it's been in a long time. Ah, well. At least I'm done. Now it's off to eat KFC-not my choice, that's for sure! Oh, and Danica is just fine-as sassy as ever!

Nina, thanks for lessening the blow. I can't imagine your eatings missteps are worse than mine!

Angie, glad you got to enjoy a date! Leaner Legs IS hard! Good work!

Becky - You are a great grandma! How fun! I have a LO around the house, but still find time to mindlessly munch, lol.

Robin - That bag is cute and I love that it is red!

Katie - I will let you know if I do get over this burnout!

Nina - Playing in puddles sounds like so much fun! I have to get to the library this weekend.

Colleen - Thinking about just getting P90X over with, but I might regret it. We'll see.

Wendy - Hope you get better before you have to leave. That cold is leaving our house now, but it was a long one also. I think it lasted a week. P is finally not so snotty anymore and my odd is better but still sounds congested.

Clintoya - MMA boxing is fun! I totally hear you on the weekend thing. I started early sorry to say and indulged on chocolate today.

Klaudia - Poor Danica! Glad she bounced back so quickly. I have been mixing up the cardio in P90 with different stuff, but the weight wos are getting to me. I love that my strength has gone up and my body has changed, but Tony....if I hear 5,4...3,2...1... :rolleyes: Your eating sounds very mild to what I ate today. I ate an array of chocolate today. Ice cream, brownie, and a piece of chocolate.

Kate - Hope your day is treating you well!

Angie - Yay for date night. Legs will do me in too. GS Legs is the one that kills my legs!

Alright, home from work. Well, sort of. Working from home while P naps and waiting for my older two to get home from school. Workout for tonight will be something, but not sure what. Anyway, I ate horribly when I got home from work. I was feeling a little down about nothing significant then went right for the chocolate. Needless to say, meals have been clean. Not sure what's on tap for dinner, but will be clean.

Lisa

Klaudia, glad Danica is doing good! Have fun at dinner! Thanks for the info on weekend eating, now I just need to use it to stop the start of the cycle :)

Kate, hope your busy day is going well!

Robin, we eat tilapia often, we love it too! And good job on only buying what you went out to get - I need to do better at that!

Nina, hope the afternoon went well for you!

Angie, glad you enjoyed the movie and your day w/Ryan :) Leaner legs is hard, good job for getting it done!

Lisa, I know the feeling about being done with work – I work from home in the afternoons also, so sometimes it seems like the day is actually never over :) The boxing workout is fun!

Workout is done. After reading about all the great workouts this week, I am going to try to get in an extra cardio workout tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good night!

Clintonya

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.