Tell her she CAN do it!!!

H

honeybunch

Miss Deb H is kicking around making a change in her teaching regime, and I'm trying to talk her into becoming a personal trainer by getting certified with ACE or some similar outfit.

Why she should do it:
1) She has a track record....has been teaching HiLo since the first Reagan administration
2) She walks the walk....she LOOKS like she works out
3) She is very positive and encouraging, as you all have gathered from her posts.
4) She's motivated to make a change
5) She cares about her students
6) Her classes really kick butt.....she works hard, which makes her students want to work as hard as she does (or at least I tried real hard to keep up with her!)

So, can y'all chime in with me to encourage her to take this step? WE know she can do it, we just have to convince her to do it.

This is Deb H :-jumpy:-jumpy:-jumpy:-jumpy:D:D

Go for it Debbie!

You are such a wonderful "friend in fitness" - this is a natural step for you to take. I hope you decide to do it!!
Erica

I'm with HB and Erica...go for it Debbie!!

You'd be an awesome personal trainer. Your kind and caring attitude as well as your positive energy would make you a natural for motivating others to get healthy.

YOU CAN DO IT !!! :) :) :) !!!

Lisa

RE: Do it Debbie!!!!

Debbie, you are so motivating!!! As is Honeybunch!! Personally, I think you BOTH should take the step together!! you and HB would both be awesome!!!

DO IT! DO IT!! DO IT!!

That's me cheering!!

Aimee

Hey Deb!
I thought you were already certified! I've been reading your post's for quite a while now and you are probably the most motivating, friendly, encouraging, helpful, outgoing, etc. person on here! I can't wait to hear what you have to say whenever you post! I noticed that last week you were missing! (Got everything ready for Christmas?) You would make an awesome personal trainer. Go for it!!!

Bev

Sob!!

Oh my gosh, you guys are the GREATEST!!! This brings tears to my eyes!! Thank you all sooo much for all the wonderful compliments. You'll never know what that means to me. I haven't made any definite decisions at this point as to what or if I am going to do something at this stage, although I am real close to wanting to make a change. I am tossing the idea around in my head. If I were do do something, it would be to go out on my own and PROBABLY teach Hi/Lo and strength. I have built up a clientele over the years that enjoy aerobics & toning. It would mean me getting certified as I am currently certified through the company I teach for. I will probably be making my decision around the 1st. of the year-beginning of Spring. There's a lot I need to think through but I will defintely keep you all posted. In the meantime, I guess I need to start checking out different certifications. Any advice would be appreciated. Again, THANK YOU ALL! Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

Hi Bev!

If you were talking about me not posting last week, I'm assuming you meant for check-ins?? If that's the case, then I DID post, but it was late. I had sooo much going last week I was like a mad woman! We are having Christmas Eve & Christmas Day here. I also make my own cards every year (150) and I wait til the last minute EVERY YEAR to start them! Sooo, there were several late, late nights stamping, coloring and gluing. They are all done and sent! YaHoo! We have almost all our shopping done so tomorrow I think I need to start wrapping. I finish up my last two classes Monday & Tuesday and I will be off til after the New Year. Sorry, I guess this is more then you asked for!:-rollen Thank you all again for all the encouragement and support. You truly make me feel like I CAN DO IT!!! Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

Thank You HB!

I have met so many nice friends here but it has been EXTRA SPECIAL being able to REALLY become friends and do lunch and just sit & chat! Who would ever guess that two would meet on the Internet, have so much in common and find out they lived 15 minutes apart? It's been my pleasure. Thank you for starting such a wonderful post to me. You made my day! Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

No tossing needed

Debbie, I just stumbled on this thread and have to echo all the encouraging words that have already been given. No need to toss the idea around...you would be great at Personal Training! Go for the plunge.

If you're looking for certifications, check out ACE. They have an incredible training manual and they are one of the most respected and recognized names. AFFA is another.

Go for it, you'll be great!

http://members.aol.com/naconfer/images/iconwreath.jpg http://publish.hometown.aol.com/naconfer/images/smfitnut2.jpg

WOW DEB!!!

You hand made 150 Christmas Cards!! You really are a 'mad' woman! Ha! Ha! How do you find the time and energy for everything you do??!! Just wait until next Christmas--you'll be even busier with a new grandchild!!

Bev

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.