tae bo?

The best tae bo dvds are the Get Ripped series. I find both of those incredibly challenging. I also find Tae Bo ulitmate lower body a real calorie blaster. You either love him or hate him. I think he gives a really good workout and if you are not into choreography you will love him. He is a nice change now and them.

Good Luck!

Also, Powerstrike millenium series is also wonderful and challenging.

Susan

Hi! I also like the Get Ripped Series and the old Taebo Live Advanced - but since finding Cathe, I haven't done these much. I will have to pull them out again! I have heard great things about the Powerstrike series. I mix in some Turbo Jam here and there for a light day. I absolutely love Cathe's Kick, Punch and Crunch and Kick Max as well. I wear 1# weighted gloves with kick box workouts when I feel I need to increase the level a bit.

Good luck and let us know what you choose and what you think of them!

I really like Billy Blanks and his workouts...BUT...if you like symmetry, his workouts are not for you. I cannot do his workouts anymore because he is (most of the time) uneven...For example, he will have you 24 punches on one side, then only 8 on the other. That drives me nuts, but many I am just too anal! HA But, that is why I love Cathe...always even in her counts.

Janis Saffell has some kickboxing workouts that are good. They are not as difficult, but they are fun.

OK, that is my two cents!

jenni

I am a long time taebo fan. I would agree that the live series and the get ripped are the best. I also like the Ultimate Lower Body. I'm not so crazy about the new boot camp series. He is uneven a lot -- heck, sometimes he will do one side and completely forget to do the other. However, I get in a great workout. I love the energy of his workouts! I never really get bored with the Get Ripped workouts. Give 'em a try -- you get two hour long workouts on the one DVD.
Monica

I am a big Tae-bo fan also. Even though Billy doesn't work out each side evenly, I still get a great workout. Cathe and Tae-bo are my favorite workouts.

I love the G.R. series, the Live advanced and another a new favorite of mine is from the Elite collection - Fat Blasting Cardio. The bands are not used on that particular workout, but I often use weighted gloves to up the intensity. Another pretty good one that includes strength training in as well is - Tae-bo Extreme. It uses a step and weights in a portion of it. They use very light weights, but you can always increase. The original Fat Blasting Cardio workout is also another favorite of mine.

Iris

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.