Sweeney Todd...

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Anyone going to see this one? It looks fabulous! And you have to love that combo - Tim Burton, Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham-Carter:) I think we might pass on Beowulf and see this one over the holidays instead!

I saw it on Broadway a long time ago - its very....twisted and dark....and keeps you rivited...I thought THEN that it would be a great movie if done right....and it is PERFECT with Tim Burton,Johnny and Helena doing it - but they could make the reading of a phonebook into something sick, fun, and fascinating!I want to see it too!

Shelley - I really want to go see it! I will be tied up over the holidays with the in-laws (outlaws), but I plan to drag my DH to it as soon as we get back. I'm a huge Tim Burton fan! And Johnny ain't too shabby either!

"Tim Burton, Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham-Carter"

Three of my absolute faves!!! I want to see this, too!

As for Beowulf, it just looks too clean and sleek to me. Not like I pictured it at all. And, as our local movie reviewer said about the interpretation and screenwriting,"the audience groans and English majors open a vein in their wrists."

It's getting raves, no surprise there. Tim Burton is a genius and Johnny Depp my favourite actor so it's definitely a 'must see', especially since their collaborative history is so remarkable. Too bad the rating is such that I wouldn't bring my 13 year old. Can't wait to hear Johnny sing!:)

Take Care
Laurie

My 14 year old is mad that I won't take her because of the R rating, so those who have seen it....is it too much for a HS Freshman?

From what I understand and have seen in previews, it's VERY gory and violent and there are some scenes that involve rape, so I think maybe it would be inappropriate for the younger crowd.

"Mmmmmmmmmm... Johnny Depp in fitted pinstripe pants and a vest."

Is that what you want for xmas, Shelley???:9

>Mmmmmmmmmm... Johnny Depp in fitted pinstripe pants and a
>vest.}(

Mmmm..Johnny Depp OUT of fitted pinstripe pants and a vest

(Though in person, he does seem like someone who sometimes skimps on the personal hygiene, so better left to fantasy).

Anybody have a crush on him back in the old "29 (?) Jump Street" days?

Kathryn...I tell my DH that my relationship with Johnny has been longer than my relationship with him. I indeed started crushing on him in the "29 jumpstreet" days!!!

Aaaaah! I LOVED Jump Street!

I agree about the hygeine thing though, possibly icky.

I think there were a couple of crush-ables on that show.

I'm the opposite of Shelley. I liked him way better in the Jump Street days. I think he's too dirty looking these days.
LD

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.