Supreme 90- chest, shoulders, triceps review

regina

Cathlete
Since some were wondering about the supremem 90 system, I decded to post my review of the workouts.
Supreme 90 – Chest, shoulders, triceps
Equipement needed- dumbells and stability ball

warm up 4 :19
Workout- 34:51
cool down 5:19

warm Up 4:19

Round 1- Core Exercises (repeated x2)
1. Wood chops (left and right)
2. Reverse crunch
3. ball exchange

Shoulder warm up- standing extended arm rolls

Round 2- (repeated x3)
1. Spider Crawl pushups
2. Arnold Press ( standing)
3. Triceps kick back

Round 3 (repeated x3)
1. alternating chest press (on stability ball)
2. alternating shoulder press- seated (on stability ball)
3. skull crushers and cross body triceps extension (on ball)

Round four
1. lying chest press with leg extensions (on ball)
2. Plank with rear delt fly
3. triceps skull crusher and triceps press (on ball)

Cool Down- 5.57

I enjoyed this workout. It moved at a brisk but doable pace. Prior to each round one of the three exercisers demonstrates the exercises. He does not do the workout and normally I am bothered by this but I was not in this workout. He does not give many form pointers but to be fair I did not do the workouts in order so maybe he gives form pointers in one the earlier workouts. It would definitely be beneficial to have previous knowledge of form and the exercises prior to doing this workout. Most experienced exercisers would be familiar with the exercises.

In addition to chest, shoulders and triceps, your core gets worked because so many of the exercises are done on the stability ball. Since I wanted to go heavier with my weight selections, I did many of the exercises on my bench.

I did not feel that doing the warm up (especially if you are short on time) was necessary because your body gets warmed up with the first round of core exercises. (The warm up is good and I can post the specifics of the warm up and cool down if you want).

The music was ok. I would describe it as generic workout music.

Having only done this workout and Core Dynamics I would without a doubt say that Supreme 90 is definitely worth the $14.99 that I paid for it. It is a bargain!

The Core Dynamics workout was good but not as good Core Synergistics in P90x. I can post about the Core Dynamics workout if you want.

I really like that he included more chest exercises other than pushups (unlike P90x).

Workout Grade- A- (A minus) I subtracted points for the just ok music and the fact that the workout is not chaptered. Hey-- $14.99 for eleven workouts- what do you want (smile)?

Last edited:
I personally really like the music in that it's not distracting, and doesn't have an obvious driving beat that makes you feel like you have to follow the beat (so makes it easier to go at your own pace).

Very similar to what P90X uses. (The stretch music is kinda boozy/bluesy and makes me want to grab a stogie and a bottle of cheap whisky, LOL!).

After a workout is done, I couldn't even tell you what the music was (so no 'ear worms' to contend with!)

sounds like a deal, heck just the boozy/bluesy stretch lol may be worth that...:)

That's a collection then of how many workouts? for $14.99, I'm thinking thrifty this year, and bargain shopping. A carry over from Christmas gift cards, Borders free coffee coupons (again with the coffee, what's up with that...:eek:...)

sounds good...I'd like a ten oz. Nantucket with that.;)

*ah, missed it, 11 workouts...that's a lot, for a little

Last edited:
sounds like a deal, heck just the boozy/bluesy stretch lol may be worth that...:)

That's a collection then of how many workouts? for $14.99, I'm thinking thrifty this year, and bargain shopping. A carry over from Christmas gift cards, Borders free coffee coupons (again with the coffee, what's up with that...:eek:...)

sounds good...I'd like a ten oz. Nantucket with that.;)

*ah, missed it, 11 workouts...that's a lot, for a little
10 workouts (there's an 11th ab one that's only 6 minutes, that you can send in for with $5.99 shipping, but I think there's plenty of core work).

The $14.99 price is using a diiscount coupon through Bed, Bath and Beyond (I think). I got the set from BB&B for just under $28 (including shipping). Even thought it's not $14.99, IMO, it's an EXCELLENT deal for what you get (10 pressed DVD's for a 90-day rotation).

I would not order it directly from the company, as their CS seems a bit iffy: some people have gotten double billed, for example).

The $14.99 price is using a diiscount coupon through Bed, Bath and Beyond (I think). I got the set from BB&B for just under $28 (including shipping). Even thought it's not $14.99, IMO, it's an EXCELLENT deal for what you get (10 pressed DVD's for a 90-day rotation).

I would not order it directly from the company, as their CS seems a bit iffy: some people have gotten double billed, for example).

I ordered mine from Bed Bath and Beyond. I used a five dollar off coupon and got free shipping. That is why the cost was $14.99.

At 14.99 or $28.00 it is still quite a deal.

Last edited:
I'm not having any luck when I search the BB&B website.

Do you have a link you can share?
It's not on their website yet (nor in all stores), but you can call.

Here's what many of us did:
Call BB&B at 1-800-462-3966. Tell them it isn't listed online and give them the SKU number: 18109743
(not sure what SKU stands for, but I had no problem ordering this way. It's kind of like belonging to an exclusive club, LOL!).

It's also in the "As Seen on TV" section of some Walgreens and other stores.

thanks for the review, regina!

Also, thanks kathryn for the BB&B info and SKU number-I wasn't going to order from the supreme90workout.com site because of billing and double charge issues, but calling and ordering from BB&B was easy peasy!

I'm liking the idea these workouts use the stability ball (not too many workouts these days are) and no chinups. As soon as the snow clears a bit more I'm going to BBB to get these. :D between this set and Iron Core it's almost a tie for the deal of the year.

You can either use the coupon that comes in a mailing to you from bbb or stop at a bbb and pick up a flyer which usually has a coupon attached. I am not certain if there are coupons on the bbb Internet site. You can check.
Cathy

I'm liking the idea these workouts use the stability ball (not too many workouts these days are) and no chinups. As soon as the snow clears a bit more I'm going to BBB to get these. :D between this set and Iron Core it's almost a tie for the deal of the year.

Please tell me about the Iron Core deal. Thanks!

Thanks for giving us the sku #. I called BB&B and they pulled it right up for me. I'm just starting a round of Gym Style this week so I'll get to S90 in a month or so. A lot of the girls over on the EC boards are raving about it so I'm looking forward to trying it :D

Yes, the exercisers work at slightly different paces. I did not find the workouts at all confusing. They are all using different dumbbell weights because you are suppose to use a weight that challenges you. The exercisers usually do 12 reps of most of the exercises. For some some of the exercises the rep range is less (8-10) and for one or two the rep range is slightly more (15). Thus far I have only done three of the weight workouts (1. chest, shoulders, triceps, 2. back and biceps and 3. legs) so what I have stated may not be true of the two weight workouts I have yet to complete.

Nightowl,

Thank you so much for posting the link. I am going to my Target this weekend to look for them.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.