Suggestions? - Muscle Endurance

SNM Videos

Administrator
I have posted a format for Muscle Endurance(1 of 6 new videos I'm working on) below and I would greatly appreciate if you would contribute your thoughts as to whether it sounds good as is or if you would rather see it changed somehow.:)

Warmly,
Cathe Friedrich

Muscle Endurance.....I have two thoughts on how to do this workout. One way is to simply do another which is similar in style to Power Hour but with a slightly different approach. If so, what things would you like to see more or less of for that matter (remember that low ends are good for you
;-))

Another way I was thinking of doing the muscle endurance workout was in a 60 minute circuit style fashion. A warm up followed by 6 five minute cycles of total body weight work, then finish with core work, push ups and a cool down stretch. Each five minute cycle would consisit of the following breakdown and focus on a particular muscle group:

Example of a leg and shoulder circuit cycle:

a) one minute high intensity leg exercise with moderate to heavy weight (ie: step ups).

b) 2 minutes of compound exercises (using light to moderate weight for upper body, while doing a lower body exercise, ie: squats with side lateral
raises)

c) 2 minutes of an upper body exercise with heavy weight (ie; standing over head press). BTW, a rest is included after one minute of the overhead press and then continue for another minute

d) brief overall rest setting up for the next cycle

This would be a totally heart pounding muscle endurance workout.

I also really like the circuit concept, as that makes it different from Power Hour. This tape is already making me drool!

I like the circuit version too. It sounds like it would be fun and it sounds different than any other videos!

Tracy

The circuit style sounds great! We will have so much variety in terms of strength tapes from which to choose on any given day. Outstanding.

Sounds good the way you are thinking! I am a little skeerd of compound exercises because I'm afraid my concentration will be too challenged! But your tapes have already taken me where I never thought I'd go before. So take my reservations with a grain of salt. I trust you!!!

yes circuit style is fun.Compound exercises always seem more challenging.slow reps with max weight you can handle and then alternate with lighter weights more reps - confuse the muscles.I love dong sqats while doing lateral raise / tricep ext etc...try not to let the cardio take over-that is another workout right. Please throw the push ups in everywhere.challenge us to try a one arm push up ( in a cia video the instructor does this) a suggestion for all videos-extend the stretch component if at all possible.It is so important as we get older.
Ki

Another vote for circuit-with some new moves, some combos we haven't seen, like Kisuzu said, maybe some pushup variations, and I would love to see more CTX style core work.

When can we preorder???!!!

I vote for the circuit style workout, exactly as you described it.

I'm sure I sound like a broken record by now, but please include rotator cuff exercises if at all possible. :)

Tonya

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.