Suggestion for a beginner

Hi Cathe,

I am trying to convince my friend to join your program and start exercising but I don't know what would be the best advice. She hasn't done a lot of sport in her life and she would like to lose some weight. She is going to the gym right now but has a lot of injuries. What DVDs do you recommend?

Thanks

Dany

Cathe workout for beginner- Travel Fit

Hi,
I have a friend that just started to workout and I found "Travel Fit" to be very easy to modify for a beginner and the only equipment needed is a fitness band. The way I made Travel Fit easier was to give my friend a very light resistance band and I paused the DVD after a cardio routine.

I second the Travel Fit recommendation. I did the same thing with a relative who rarely exercises. She was able to keep up with most of the workout. She just had to pause after the cardio segments. She loved the workout though. I like to use Travel Fit on a low energy day or if I'm recovering from an illness and need to ease back into my routine.

If your friend is ok using the step, I suggest "Basic step and body fusion". Its a great workout to get to know Cathe, the step, movements and it also uses light weights. Its a beginner workout that has a little of everything (cardio and toning). Good luck!

elsiefir333

Dany,
I would recommend the Kick Punch and Crunch DVD. You need no equipment,
it is basic moves with no dancy footwork, and who doesn't want to beat up something as a stress realeaser!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.