Success with an eating plan??

This is a great thread...and my problem EXACTLY. Always great discipline with the workouts, but damned if I can look a cookie in the face and walk away. It's TOUGH!

I have had success with Body for Life, as it *is* a clean-eating, higher protein approach. I also like it because you basically eat one serving of protein and one serving of carb in each of the three meals and 2-3 snacks per day. I don't have to refer to a sheet, use a calculator or obsess (which I'm REEEEALLY good at...). The program also allows you one cheat day a week...you can pig out if you want to. Have five turtle sundaes...it's allowed. (I think the trick here is that once you start seeing the results, you won't WANT to!)

Anyway, that's my experience. GOOD LUCK! It *is* TOUGH!!!

Michelle

Track calories & allow yourself to cheat!

What really works for me is to track my calories & base my allotment on the activitiy level formula of 16 calories per pound (for moderate activity level) of my ideal weight X 7, then factor in enough calories for a good cheat day, say 5000 or so. Not so much, when you consider how fast calories add up. I also use the Eat This Not That books to get the most bang for my calorie bucks. I eat junk on the cheat day, but it's calories efficient junk. My success is based on the fact that ANYONE can be good for 6 days if you have that cheat day to look forward to. I also gleaned a lot of good stuff from WW years ago. Also, I weigh in once a week & also go by how my clothes fit. I lost & have keep off for 5 years almost 20 lbs.

That being said, you have to find what works for you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.