STS planned split? A thought

kathryn

Cathlete
If I'm interpreting the blog posting correctly, the split on the STS workouts will be as follows: lower body, chest/back/shoulders, arms.

Is this correct?

Will the entire rotation have this split? Or will it vary throughout the weeks? (The blog makes it look like the entire program is based on the above split).

I personally find spreading the larger muscle groups throughout the week more effective (and it's supposed to be a better stimulus for growth hormone production), and would really like to see a three-day split based around 1)lower body; 2) back + smaller muscle group(s) (either the traditional biceps (synergists), or the less-traditional shoulders); 3)chest + smaller muscle group(s) (again, either the traditional synergists--shoulders and triceps--or the less-traditional biceps).

TIA!

I couldn't disagree more. I prefer the planned split. I especially like the shoulders with chest and back, since it is different from every other split workout I own.

Tracy

I agree with Kathryn. The splits set up as they are on Gym Styles is excellent. Putting chest and shoulders together is not a good idea since there is too much overlap between those two muscle groups. The second of these two muscle groups, if worked together, will never be as well worked as if it were paired with back, biceps or triceps.

Kathryn's suggestion therefore makes the most sense and I second her plea to not put chest and shoulders together. If they are put together, then we definitely will need the workout blender so we can rearrange the muscle groups to better suit us.

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.