STS first time!

I wondered about you and Betty when I heard the tornado warnings Mary. Both of my kids were at a friends house. I was a half hr away from them when my dh called to warn me. I was in driving rain on 95. No wind here to speak of. Betty how is your area?

I had no energy yo workout. There is always tomorrow.

I had no idea there were tornado warnings. I went food shopping for an hr+ and when I got home I learned some brief showers had passed through. Didn't even get under the tree canopies wet. Not a breeze either.

Carolyn, I hope you get some sleep tonight.

Hi Girls. Happy July. Not much happening here. Just last minute things. I had signed on with a company to refinish my hardwood floors and I have been waiting to hear from them. I called, emailed , and left phone msgs all last week and never heard from them. Today my husband and I drove to the place and it was all dark and closed. I suspect they have gone out of business even though the store was full of stuff . Luckily they haven't cashed my deposit check so I stopped payment on it today and found another company. What a pain in the butt. Tomorrow we are going to the lawyer's office so he can look over our Trust and make sure it conforms to Delaware plus I want to change some beneficiaries. The realtor is coming on Wednesday to look at the house and get the paperwork ready to list. So I have just been busy with my move.

Betty I read one book by Sophie and really liked it . Let me know how you like the one you are reading. I have had no menopause symptoms so I can't help you with that. I don't think I have had a period in 10 years and no menopause symptoms. Lucky me. I really enjoyed season 1 of Mr Selfridge. The clothes weren't as exciting as in Downton but I enjoyed the story. Season 2 is in 2014. It sounds like you had a nice trip to Canada. I can't believe you walked over the water. I would have never done that.

Carolyn I have The Call on my Netflix list. I just discontinued my acct with them so hopefully I can see it when we get Fios. Sorry you are not sleeping well. Dr. Oz says to drink Cherry juice before bed. I think if you did all these suggestions we all gave you , you might get some sleep. :rolleyes: Hopefully you will be so busy with the kids this summer that you will get some sleep.

Jean, goodness what you've gone through with the floor finishers. So fortunate they hadn't cashed your deposit check!
You are so close to moving with the steps you are taking now, I can taste it.
Lucky you with menopause. My doc says avg age to stop a period is 52 now. Not there yet.
I recommend all the previous Sophie Kinsella books. They are such fun reading, especially for summer.
Glad you enjoyed season 1 of Mr Selfridge. Stinks to have to wait, doesn't it?
I don't believe in overcoming my fear of heights by throwing myself into it. It cannot be conquered. But there are some achievable feats.;)
Good night! I got a headache from doing Cathe, probably a combo of too hot, dehydration, and ttom.

Good morning!

Made it home ok last night, just lots of traffic and some flooding. If there had been an actual tornado, we would have been in alot of trouble!

I really can't stand this humidity! We are heading to the Cape Wed. night, the weather actually looks better there.

I did TBT upper this morning. I haven't done that one in a while, it is nice to have so much variety with Cathe workouts.

Jean, sounds like you were lucky on the menopause front. I hope to have the same! I am noticing my middle is getting thicker, and I do not like it!

Carolyn, hope you got some sleep last night!

Hi everyone,

I just finished Yin Yoga. Wow. I didn't know going in what it would entail, but never in my imagination would I have guessed holding just a few poses 3-5 mins. Colleen has mentioned that before, but I didn't know how long those minutes were until you actually are doing them. It is hard to believe but my knees feel less pain now from yesterday's Cathe. Incidentally, those one-sided knee bends were tough! I've got a ways to go.:confused:
I can't wait to do UY more often. I have only done 5. Or maybe 4?? Carolyn, you should consider this for your insomnia. I almost dozed off, but not until the last 2 minutes. What an amazing program UY is. Many yrs ago on cable I came across an outdoors British Columbia HD-filmed yoga program. II should look into it just out of curiosity.

Mary, that's great you're doing such varied routines. It's great to pull out all the workouts you haven't done in a while. Your body likes it too.
Have a fab time at the Cape. Idk if the weather will be better. I feel the humidity is waaay higher there. But certainly the temps are always 5-8 degrees cooler, with that marvelous seabreeze. Ds's Friday class was cancelled, so we'll take off as well.

Carolyn, thank goodness you got a few more hours of sleep. I get up 1-2x a night and it IS disruptive. Sometimes the sprinkler coming on at 6 wakes me for a while.
Like Jean said, if you try all the tidbits mentioned for insomnia, maybe you'll get some continuous sleep. Have you tried a mask?
The humidity is unbearable. I have had all the windows shut in my house for a couple of days now. There doesn't seem to be any end in sight. Nightmarish, in my opinion.

The new workouts seem so exciting! But they always are to me, Has anyone noticed Cathe's long hair from the back?? Wow.

Last edited:
Hello friends!

Carolyn....I feel the same way...if I am not sweating I feel like I didnt get in a "good" workout.....Look at this yoga dvd...it is cardio induced yoga....

Amazon.com: ZCUT Power Yoga Vol 1: Zuzka Light, Zuzkalight.com, Darren Capik: Movies & TV

I have it, and like it, but dont grab it much because I would rather do a massive workout! hehehe

I am struggling at the moment with my knee, like I said I wear my knee brace, and it helps...but I struggle doing any kind of lunges....squats are fine...just NO lunges. I really feel my prob starts at my hip alignment...but my hips and back do not hurt....just my left knee...:mad::confused: I am really confused....so I just go on with biofreeze and knee brace!

Biofreeze is truely my best friend!

I am at work...and trying to get all my hospital charges entered and billed by tomorrow at 5....we are closed thursday for the 4th and I have decided to take off friday too so i can have a long weekend! Yeah!!!!

Be back later!

For the past few days I have put a head wrap around my eyes after I wake to pee. It hasn't helped. I will pick up some calcium supplements and give that a whirl.

I want to like yoga, but I just feel like it is a waste of an hr.:eek: I am not happy unless I sweat! If I am going to devote an hour of my day to a dvd, I want to torch some serious calories.

Today I stuck to my plan of trying some of my dvd's that I haven't done in a while. I did Muscle Endurance. LOVED IT!!!! It was a total body weight w/o that kept your heart pounding and made me sweat like a mad woman. (Missy it reminds me of HST)Of course this humidity added to the sweat fest. When I was stretching at the end, I felt all of the carpet fibers reaching up to pull me in. It was awful. Back on goes the a/c!

I have not noticed Cathe's hair. I will have to go back and look.

I totally feel the same way about sweating and heart-pumping in my workouts, but my body needs the flexibility stuff.
I like ME too; it has been a very long time since I pulled that one out. Nice job!
Ugh, the humidity is over us like a blanket; can't recall it being this bad. That's a good one on the carpet fibers!:D

I left to run errands, and it must have dropped 10 degrees while I was gone. It is hotter in my house than outside!:mad: Did I mention that I HATE running errands with my kids?! I have one more stop to make and they are moaning and groaning! Why did I wait until the last minute to buy all the goods for the fourth?! We always host a pool party/barbecue. Lots of fun, but tons of work! Dh just loves getting the yard ready!:rolleyes: Especially in between the rain drops!
I went to Sams, but you just can'tget everything there. I need to go to Market Basket. The kids will make it pure hell! Ds always seems to want to race my cart. I feel like I am going to catch his heels in the cart. I am gritting my teeth already!:p
Ok. Just a quick check in while I scarf down a chicken breast. Come to think of it, I have not had my greek yogurt since the kids got out of school. Not getting my calcium as usual might be hindering my sleep ya think?!!!
Need to make a list. I just remembered something else I need!
bbl

Carolyn, my kids refuse to go out to the store with me. More time on the computer, and deathly afraid of running into someone they know! It is peaceful without them.
When I went out after 5 to get my cress from the garden, I suddenly learned, hey, where's the humidity? And it actually feels cool! Windows are open right now, and had to put on a sweater for a quick walk. Enjoy the brief respite, for the heat and humidity will be back tomorrow for the foreseeable future, but hotter!
Have fun at your pool party/bbq. Who do you usually have over? I'm just not good at entertaining; it causes me anxiety. What are you going to eat?? I cringe at summer food now--grilling provides charring which is bad, and we grill MEATS of all kinds. I will try those giant mushrooms (the name evades me right now).

Last edited:
Portebella?
We only have my family over..mom, sister, brother, and their families. I don't like mingling all sorts of people. I worry too much if everyone is having a good time. Still a big crowd. They each bring a few dishes so that helps with food prep.

My kids are still too young to leave alone. They are skiddish anyway.

I guess it is just you and me Betty! Where did Colleen go on vacation?

Good morning!
Colleen didn't say.
I have no idea what to exercise to. Better figure it out, pronto.
Yes, you have several yrs before you can leave the kids alone. By law, it is 12 yrs old, I believe.
Do you have two brothers? Can't remember.
Yes, portobello!
Sleep well? I did. Went to sleep by 11:15.

Good morning!
I had a horrible night's sleep. DH and DD flew back from Dallas last night but their flight was delayed so they came home at 2AM. I woke and could not get back to sleep, all these other thoughts kept swirling in my head. Feel like a zombie today!

I did AB this morning, but stopped halfway through because I really didn't feel like it. Probably too tired to exercise. I am looking forward to being at the Cape so I can take long walks.

After doing the 90 day xtrain rotation and then following a couple of Cathe's recent rotations, I realize I do better with a rotation. I don't have to think as much about what workout to do. I haven't been following anything lately and feel muddled.

If I don't get back on, I hope everyone has a great 4th of July!

I did UY Detox this morning. Loved it! When I've done twists in the past, I never made the connection that those twists were 'wringing' your organs and insides. (Don't you think the instructors should tell you that??) It was 72 mins long. So awesome. (Carolyn, I'm thinking you should do Foundations each night just before bed. That may help you sleep. What a long stretch of sleep you had last night! Awesome!)
I have a bunch of stuff to do too. I'm so scattered since every midday I have to go pick ds up. This morning we left for his camp at 7:30, just like regular school.:confused:
The disgusting humidity is back. Should just pretend it's winter and leave the windows shut with the a/c on. Except for the part of needing to weed and water plants.

Mary, have a great time at the Cape! Will you bring some workouts? I'm packing UY and BB. See if I ever pull them out.:D I am not bringing a yoga mat, I don't think. Carpet and blankets?

No a/c where we're going. I'm going to be sooo cross and a basket case.:mad:

Carolyn, have a fab pool party! Enjoy. Your family will have fun regardless, so don't worry.

Missy, enjoy your long weekend! Everyone, have a FAB 4th and long weekend!

Hello....I went to chiropractor today.....my knee has been killing me.....and yes I have a knee injury......I was advised to start on a msm/glucosomine supplement. He did an adjustment.....advised me to wear knee brace with all exercise....I can run...but I must wear brace.....I also have to ice knee post exercise due to inflammation. He feels with ice, supp, brace and ocassional adjustments I can rehab it.....to avoid arthoscopy surgery.....

Be back.....its storming bad.....

Hello....I went to chiropractor today.....my knee has been killing me.....and yes I have a knee injury......I was advised to start on a msm/glucosomine supplement. He did an adjustment.....advised me to wear knee brace with all exercise....I can run...but I must wear brace.....I also have to ice knee post exercise due to inflammation. He feels with ice, supp, brace and ocassional adjustments I can rehab it.....to avoid arthoscopy surgery.....

Be back.....its storming bad.....

Sorry to hear about your knee Missy! How frustrating that must be for you.

I did UY Detox this morning. Loved it! When I've done twists in the past, I never made the connection that those twists were 'wringing' your organs and insides. (Don't you think the instructors should tell you that??) It was 72 mins long. So awesome. (Carolyn, I'm thinking you should do Foundations each night just before bed. That may help you sleep. What a long stretch of sleep you had last night! Awesome!)
I have a bunch of stuff to do too. I'm so scattered since every midday I have to go pick ds up. This morning we left for his camp at 7:30, just like regular school.:confused:
The disgusting humidity is back. Should just pretend it's winter and leave the windows shut with the a/c on. Except for the part of needing to weed and water plants.

Mary, have a great time at the Cape! Will you bring some workouts? I'm packing UY and BB. See if I ever pull them out.:D I am not bringing a yoga mat, I don't think. Carpet and blankets?

No a/c where we're going. I'm going to be sooo cross and a basket case.:mad:

Carolyn, have a fab pool party! Enjoy. Your family will have fun regardless, so don't worry.

Missy, enjoy your long weekend! Everyone, have a FAB 4th and long weekend!

Oh I like me some Detox too :) Glad you loved it.

I say turn the ac on ;) I couldn't live without ours.

Hi girls. Happy july 4th. Hope everyone has a great day. I will be back later for personals. Just been enjoying the down time and spending time with the family.

Today, was very rainy.... Tim and I went for a half mile walk with our dog....that's all she can do because of her knee. I think I told y'all...she had knee surgery at 6 months old....so she is very arthertic in it. She takes a glucosomine tablet daily. Just like me!!!! Lol but, during our walk....I had to slow down because of my knee.....this is very depressing for me.....I know I am rehabbing it....but....I am use to going 150%.....

Tomorrow I'm off....so I plan on getting up early, doing my cardio....and resting watching movies.....any suggestions?

Hope everyone had a lovely 4th!!!!

Good morning friends!!!

I just "walked" on the treadmill.....for 30 minutes and did medicine ball ab circuits.....thinking later i will do the upper body tbt from lis.....

Carolyn...i know i cant run right now....i tried...its not possible....i just want to be able to workout without icing or bracing...so at this point i am trying to get it out of my thick skull.....running is not an option.....i am trying to come to terms with it!!! I just have a hard time with it.....running just gives me a rush that biking and walking does not.....i havent been able to run on awhile without discomfort.....i actually quit running for awhile and the pain went away.....as for bootcamp....its not an option either.....

What cathe workouts dont have squats or lunges....is it just the upper body ones????

And dont worry about the unwanted calories from yesterday...we will work them off!!!

Be back....gotta go make breakfast!!!!

Oh...carolyn...thanks for being firm with me....i needed it.....i know you understand though as running was such a big part of you too!

Hi everyone,
Missy, I'll second what Carolyn says, only because, even though I don't (like to) run, I have knee pain. Which comes strictly from Cathe workouts. If my knees can feel so crappy doing that, I imagine that the impact from running is so much harsher and therefore so much more injurious. Take care of your knees. You're only 30 and have a lifetime ahead of you, so keep them healthy.
I loathe Cathe's squats. I can do lunges, but not if they go on forever!
I have not pulled any workouts out.:eek: Maybe I should do BB Core right now.
Yesterday I woke up with a stiff neck column and shoulder area, which comes from UY. But it went away after a while. I love UY! I think it was UY Yin Yoga that's supposed to help heal knees through generating more hyaluronic acid??
The Boston area has a heat index of 100. Yikes! I wish we could get some of Missy's rain to temper the heat.

Colleen, enjoy your family time. You deserve to unwind.

Carolyn, try some Lastics or Foundations before bed. Try it once and see if it works! I'm stamping my foot!;)

Hope everyone is enjoying a nice holiday weekend.

Hi Everyone. It finally stopped raining yesterday and is now hot. That is fine. I hate winter. Yesterday we went to Sears and got a new washer and dryer for the new house. Nothing fancy. Just white top load. Then we ordered new mattresses . All this stuff will be delivered Aug 1. All of the new furniture is getting delivered Aug.2. Today I put the oven on self clean. It took 4 hours and 20 minutes. It was so hot in here. When it was done I cleaned it out real good and brillo padded the shelves or grills. My oven looks brand new. Then I packed a few more boxes. The closer to move in , I can pack up more stuff.

Missy My sister used to be a runner when she was around your age. She got such a high from it. Then she hurt her knee and has never run again. She does love walking. I guess if you just keep walking you might get some kind of a high. But like everyone else said , don't run so you don't mess up not being able to do other workouts that you love. You were such an energizer bunny . I can't believe you have to slow down. I never push an injury.

Mary Have a nice time at the Cape.

Betty I get happy when you say that you love UY. I am so excited to get back into my exercise.

Carolyn Don't worry about what you ate yesterday. I bet you had a great time with your family. I love hearing about your family time.

O.K. That's about it for me.

Jean

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.