STS first time!

Good morning....I was so exhaisted last night....I think my period finally kicked my butt. .. I feel asleep at 8:45....and forgot to turn on my alatm....thank god mr boots was hungry and woke me up....lol

Betty....I normally workout in a racer tank and shorts.... I'm so critical on myself if I can see any jiggle and eight now....there is plenty....but hopefully I'm on the right path to fix that....now that I can run a little!

Rain is rolling in today....so it will be very wet and yucky today!

Sure hope this Thursday moves quickly....

Good morning! There is a coating of snow, surprisingly. I watch the weather several times between the 5 to 6 o'clock news and nothing sticks in my brain. I couldn't tell you what the forecast is for today!
On Tue and Thu I sleep an extra half hour. It flew by in a snap.
Drinking my warm water and lemon tea. Oh, did I refresh your mind about that? https://www.yahoo.com/food/good-news-for-people-who-hate-cleanses-71334243439.html
I've been doing it for a couple of years, first reading it on a Tosca Reno book. She never explained why but this clarifies.

Carolyn, yikes! You made it though, phew. I have a chime ding to announce texts. I've set alarms that sound like anything but. Those electronic devices--I always find myself wondering when I turn off one thing, does it disable everything, etc. Constantly guessing.
How cute your top sounds!
Yup, saw we posted at the same time and hoped you go back and see it:D!
Yup, you and Missy--beet lovers.

Missy, I've kind of given up on the jiggles and rolls. I think they'll disappear only if I cut sugar altogether. And that won't happen.

Great Glutes this morning. I killed it with 12s instead of 8s :)

Be back later to read but just had to take a break. Love my baby with all my heart but he's really testing my patience today. He is usually a good listener but today not so much. He already had two tantrums too.....ugh! Is it naptime yet?! I need yoga now please. Ok thanks for listening. BBL....

Marie... Hopefully you got some yoga in! And B got to take a nap! hehehe

Have fun shopping for bathroom stuff Carolyn! One more day till your chiro appt! Fingers crossed!!!!!

Jean... I cook alot of yellow squash (summer)... as I like to grow it..... speaking of.... I am getting my garden itch..... I cant wait till april so I can start planting! A few more months on terrible weather...and then its my season!!!! Yippeeee!!!

Jean... I love to cook...so I like looking up receipes....

Carolyn....arnt dentist offices so lovely.... untill you get in the chair....LOL.... my dentist has tvs in each room and you get to watch whatever you like.... I always watch either Dr Oz or soap operas or a cooking show! hehehe

Off to the woods I go as the last patient just left!!!! Chat in a bit!

Wow, love all the posts!

Marie, I hope the tantrum storm has passed. I'm sure your calm demeanor will squelch more tendencies than not. Imagine the children who scream and throw tantrums to get what they want!

Jean, the toughest part of butternut squash is peeling it. You could lose a finger or two! I cut it in half and roast it face down. When it's soft, I scoop it out and put in a bowl with some butter, brown sugar, salt, pepper.

Carolyn, is that the workout I injured myself with? No, I did Legs. What's the difference?? I'm so confused! The Low Impact HiitT looks fun. I might do that tomorrow. If it's short, I wish they gave a weight add-on premix.
What you describe for your bathroom is work that plumbers investigate--leak in shower, water seen on floor or ceiling below, etc.
If I were to do a bathroom nowadays, I'd tile my shower in travertine, get a wood vanity, some brushed nickel fixtures, maybe dual or more showerheads! Don't forget heated towel bar or heated floors, but definitely a heat lamp in NH! Instead I have a fiberglass wraparound tub, a pedestal, a lame plastic rain showerhead, plastic shower curtain.:confused:

I worked till 4:30. Very productive as usual.

Oh my, what a trying day. I have a friend who deals with tantrums from her son everyday and I really feel for her. Not sure what happened to my son today but my goodness am I glad this is not an everyday thing.

We went to TJ because I had to get out of the house. He needed quiet time after that and I needed yoga. He was pitter-pattering around and then slept for about a half hour. I got UY Flexibility in and it felt great. I'm determined to be able to do the splits again someday.

Carolyn That is so sad about that little girl. Honestly how can people do such things. It just kills me how crazy some people are. So very sad :( I haven't done LB Circuit yet but I can't wait now that you mention the fun factor. Next week though since I did GG today.

Jean Mmmm I love butternut squash but yes be careful when prepping.

Missy So with you on the workout clothes. I wear those, scrubs and pj's ;)

Betty Sport bra and short shorts over here too. I can't believe I used to wear a tank and capris at the gym back in the day.

B and I made these this afternoon. I've made them before and remember them to be amazing. My sweet tooth is out of control lately.

http://livinghealthywithchocolate.com/desserts/raw-no-bake-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-brownie-1156/

So I've been doing half a lemon with water. Lately with warmish water. I don't put it in tea because it makes it sour. I find that a whole lemon is just too much. Do you have Meyer lemons where you are? It's a bit sweeter.
How interesting your bathroom constraints.
I wish I had added a master bath. I had the chioce but said no! What an idiot! Colonial here too.
We have the same traffic constraints around the school. Maddening! I used to have to leave the house super early to avoid the traffic and congestion.
I routinely go back for seconds. Oink.
Jean, do tell us about the NG advice.
Marie, I love that it's a vegan recipe!

Good morning and happy friday....oh my....I'm so glaf ota friday.....one more crazy day then I can rest....or at least do my own thing on my own time...lol

This morning I got up and ran 2 miles....just cooked and ate my oatmeal with flax.....mmmmmm.....so tasty.

Tonight I must sit at table and figire out my meals for next week before I go shopping tomorrow..... I'm starting the hormone diet tomorrow....hoping it will help get my cycle back in check along with my cream and fish oil.....

I put lemon in my ice eater and iced unsweetened tea..... so yummy!

Carolyn....good lick at chiropractor today.....and enjoy those movies....I bet it is tearful!!!! Sometimes I look back at my scrapbooks of all my four legged and tim and I....and its toigh....especially for the few that are no longer with us!

Betty....hang tight...its friday!

Marie....Hope B has calmed down.....

Jean...I'm glad your squash turned out....I've actially never had that kind....was it similar to yellow squash???? I think its way different....but not sure....

Off to shower....bbl!

Nope, Missy, butternut not close to yellow. Maybe it's like pumpkin.
I did LI HiiT with Abs #2. That lame stretch at the end again! It didn't even last a minute! so I had to go back and play the chapter on stretch. Fun workout though. It was tough!:confused:
Interesting take on the tamtrum sources. Never thought of them that way. My kids didn't have any:D. Partly serious.
Omg, home movies! That would be so neat to watch! Poor dh. The kids are still around, just not as fun as when they are little. We never had one of those giant recorders. Finally got one when ds2 was little. We didn'tr record that much.
Jean, thanks for the NG stuff. Was thinking of kombucha and kefir when I was at Whole Foods the other day. never tried the latter. That must be what you give the kids after a stomach bug, Carolyn! Never heard of netto. Kimchi is super spicy. yikes.
TGIF! Better go get ready. I'm always ruuning out of the house at 9 am. So pathetic!

Interesting Carolyn.... Maybe I should start hanging too.... I have done that in the past and it does feel good. I LOVE working my abs on this machine... http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41BBH5MacLL.jpg (I hang them down, pull knees up straight, do straight leg lifts, and the pull knees up to each side to work sides. It really digs in deep. I just dont do it much anymore...But I am trying to get my core and back strong again...seems like when I working my abs hard.... I didnt have as much back/hip pain....

Enjoy your DVDS!

Went to farmers market at lunch today....my trunk has lots of veggies in it! Yum Yum! I also got some yummy grapes.... they were so tasty... I got bunches...LOL

BBL....

I need some new ideas on chicken reciepes.... hmmm....

Tabatacise this morning. I love the intensity and length of that workout.

This morning I watched my friend's boy. He is five days younger than b. She is pregnant and due in Feb. She has gestational diabetes and has to go to the dr three times a week now. So crazy! I told her I help her out when I can. Funny enough he is the one with the daily tantrums. He says maybe thirty words or so and Carolyn like you mentioned, I bet he's working on that skill and getting frustrated. He was great though. They played awesome and b kept hugging him because he was so happy to have him over.

B is back to his normal self. Yay :) We've had a fun day just hanging at home. He's napping now. This mama is sipping coffee with Rachael Ray on in the background.

Betty I'm not a lemon person but one heard so many good things about them. I just love good ol plain water. I'm probably overhydrated haha. I always have a water bottle with me.

Jean I do love when squash is already prepped. Way easier! Good memory....I think I did post before. I haven't had one yet but dh said this time was just as good as last. Thanks for posting that NG info. I have a friend who eats kimchi. Ok well not her...she hates it....but her husband who is Korean loves it. They recently adopted a boy from Korea and he likes it too.

Carolyn Enjoy those videos. Oh I couldn't imagine the tears. I watched one where B was learning to walk the other day and bawled. Hanging from the pull-up bar sounds nice. Just loosens everything up.

Missy Happy Friday! I love that you plans your meals. I bet I would love your cooking. Wish you could send it this way. Back in my gym days I used to love that machine.

Betty How lame about that stretch. I know it's not a big deal to go back and play that chapter but still one more step.

I had TJ Spinach and Kale balls for lunch. You should look for them in the frozen department. Oh so good! Along with some raw carrots and salt and pepper rice crackers....Traders Joe's again :)

Just pulled up Hulu to watch Parenthood. There are only three episodes left and I'm super sad about it. LOVE this show. I watched it while pregnant, breastfeeding and now. Best show ever!

I see Biggest Loser is back on. Anyone watching that?

Y'all...keep me in your thoughts..... Tim came home from work really sick.... he has severe body aches and fever..... I don't think I've ever been so nervous.... I was so sick last month.... I don't want it....this is how it started last month....oh my.....with that being said....I'm hanging out in the living room.....as he is in bed!

Jean.... I will look at publix tomorrow for some cut up...don't you love saving...it really excites me.....I love to see how much I save on the end of the receipt. I too love squash and onions..... please share your chicken dish with squash.... I'd love to try it.....

I'm not watching biggest loser either.....I lost interest when they allowed that girl to be so boney and below her bmi just to win....that should be the disqualified....under weight is not pretty or healthy! So I refuse o watch anymore!

Off to make me some dinner....bbl

Oh no, Missy, wipe everything with Clorox/Lysol wipes, spray, or something. Sleep in separate rooms! Separate bathrooms. Wear a mask this weekend. Seriously!:D
I don't watch BigL any more.

Jean, congrats on all those savings! Wow.
I just watched an inspirational movie--From the Rough. Reallly liked it.
Dh never expresses much. Man of few words. Not very communicative.:confused:
Cathe's Nike top and the crew's tops and trainers today were so cute.

Marie, how neat you had two little boys today. Practice for the future! But seriously, B must have had so much fun! How great for him!

Carolyn, what does traction do? Stretch your spine?

Last edited:
Jean, thanks for that.
Try as I might, I can't like ginger. I do like asparagus. Always have celery in drawer with onions and carrots. But. Papayas are GMO in the US. It was in one of Cathe's newsletters. I ate one a week for over a year though.
I watched Sunday's DA. Without revealing anything that wasn't already in previews, it's not believable that Mary would do something so forward in such an archaic time. That being said, I loved that time period (Edwardian, that special said) and would have loved to be right there with the rich, idle, talking about society stuff, being served; but not dressed or listened to by a servant though

Good tips Jean...thanks! I screen shot that recipe and will be trying it. Looks yummy! Woohoo for your savings. I love that kind of stuff!

We had fish tacos for dinner. My version was a bed of cabbage with salsa and lime for dressing. Fish on top :) Mmm!

Your dinner sounds amazing Betty! Like a restaurant :)

Missy Eek! I really hope Tim feels better soon. The sickness this winter is the worst that I can remember.

One of the only seasons of BL I saw was when the way too thin girl won. I hope she's healthier now.

Dh stopped at Kohl's on the way home and got some clothes for him and ds. He got me a new pair of pj's....so soft! And new sheets. They as well are so soft. I already washed them and they are on the bed :) Can't wait to sleep tonight ;)

Ds is snoozing. Dh and I are watching Sharktank.

Alarm goes off tomorrow at 5:45. Work at 7.

Good Morning....just got Tim off to work...luckily he only works till noon if he makes it. He is really sick....my poor tim....:(:confused:

Im cooking my oatmeal right now.... im hungry! Today I start on the supercharged hormone diet.... Oh my....:)

I watched Desert Runners movie last night on Netflix.... it is a documentary on ultra marathoners... its a group of people that run 4 ultras in a year in 4 deserts. Its was really crazy....but I was so glued to it.... it was truly interesting.... I think you must have the love for running to get into it though....because a lot of people think runners are nuts...LOL OMG...its a must watch!:D

Jean.... thanks for the recipe....I saved it so I can make it.... It sounds delish! So excited!:p Also thanks for the NG tips!

Marie.... She sure needed to gain 20 pds....I'm glad she did....but I still don't think it was right for BL to allow that.... They need to have rules.... and for that I will never watch the show again.... if you go back to the beginning of BL.... it was normal overweight people with normal life's .... I mean maybe 100 pds overweight....then they started getting massive overweight people.... and I understand they need help too.... but it is not very motivating for someone that is trying to loose weight to see these people loose 10-20 pds every week....and when they get on there scale after exercising every day and eating healthy, and the scale shows a 2 or 3 pds drop....which is really good (we know that, but they don't, they think of BL numbers).... Oh well...I'm done complaining....heheehe o_O

Today I plan on running.... but I think I may go to the grocery store first so I get there when everyone else is still in bed.....LOL Then I can exercise after I put away my food!

Have a lovely Saturday!;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.