STS first time!

Hey everyone!

Sorry it's been so long since I check in. Been keeping busy with my little man and work. The new job is going great! I absolutely love the variety I'm getting and I'm learning so much.

Breckin's been doing awesome. Such a little man with so much personality.

I've been getting my workouts too. Today I did Supercuts. Yesterday was To the Max. I forgot how hard that one was but I just love it!

My sister's in town so we've been doing a lot of hanging out with her and the kids. It's so fun to see them interact.

Have a great day everyone. Hope to chat soon!

ForumRunner_20130712_140613.jpg

ForumRunner_20130712_140622.jpg

Wow, no posts today!

Back to the humid weather here. Yesterday was so nice I went out for a walk at lunch. Sounds like another heat wave is coming here for the week - yuck!

I did Athletic Training from LIS this morning. I don't know why I don't pull that one out more often, I loved the functional moves and all the band work. And I was dripping with sweat when done.

Marie, can't get over the changes in Breckin, standing already! Soon he'll be running all over the place.

Carolyn, hope you are enjoying your time away, and the air is dryer up there.

Jean, good for you for getting a new puppy! Those dogs are so cute. And hardwood floors always look better when refinished, even with a few stains. Looking forward to more pictures.

Betty, I haven't done ME in a while, but I do remember endless step ups. I find I prefer heavier lifting these days and fewer reps. I absolutely hate all those low ends.

Now it is looking like it might rain. Better get some things done. Have a great day!

Wow where is everyone?

Marie B is so cute. Can't believe he is standing.

Mary Great job b on athletic training.

No workout for me today.

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday.

Hi Everyone. We got an inch of rain overnight and it was cool this morning. Next week looks dry and hot. I will be so glad to get a break from rain and gloom.
The guys are refinishing the hardwood floors. They should be done today. It looks a lot better but there are some pet stains. Oh well. It is what it is.
We are living in the basement now. That's not too bad. We only have to go upstairs to eat. We are slowly packing the remainder of stuff.
We go for our walk thru on Monday. I will be posting lots more pictures. It has been raining so much that the yard hasn't been done yet. I guess I will have to leash walk my dogs for awhile.
I got approved to adopt an Imperial Shih Tzu puppy from a rescue in Delaware. There were 8 puppies and 400 applications. Two weeks ago the rescue said they were all spoken for. Yesterday my friend told me one was available so the rescue called me and I filled out an application and got approved today. These puppies cost between $1000 and $4000 when you buy them from a breeder because they are very small. I feel very lucky to have gotten the last puppy. He is getting neutered on the 18th and their adoption fee is only $200. So how crazy am I to want to start life in a brand new house with a brand new puppy. If she emails me a picture , I will try to post it. I am very excited.

Mary Your daughter would probably get an excellent education at Georgetown. That is a huge party area also. I remember about 40 years ago all the hippies lived in Georgetown. I have been there a few times but I wasn't into that scene. I think now it is now more expensive to live there. Good Luck to her. You should be so proud that your child can get into a good college.

Carolyn Have a wonderful vacation. I hope you have dry weather.

Colleen It sounds like you had a nice family vacation at Ocean City, New Jersey. When I was in junior high , my girlfriend's grandmother had a place there and I went with her one summer. We had a lot of fun.

Betty You crack me up with the humidity. :D I watched "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo". That was so good. You probably saw it when it first came out. I also watched my all time favorite move "Somewhere in Time". I also saw "Jumping The Broom". That wasn't bad. These were movies I had on my DVR that I hadn't seen . I had to clean everything off before we get rid of Direct TV.

That's about it for now.
Jean

Jean, that's a lot of rain!
Hardwood floors are so nice. I'm sure the stains add to the character of them. I'd love some hardwood floors.
That puppy breed looks adorable! Do they stay tiny? What a great deal to be able to foster one!
I do look forward to more pics. Keep us posted of your home sale and move. Best of luck!
I have seen Dragon Tattoo both in Swedish and English. You try the books? Far better, of course. I haven't heard of those other movies you mention.
Oops, looks like I forgot to post this.

Carolyn, you're back already? Where did the time go? Did you just leave yesterday?
Sorry about your friend. Your friendship will weather it. Can't tell you how many times when my kids and nieces/nephews were younger that many of us had many disagreements in how we raise our kids--I totally understand.

Mary, you're so right about heavier lifting and fewer reps! I love that! That's why XT and STS Meso-whatever-that-is was so enjoyable. Yesterday crystallized my hate for high rep workouts.

Hope everyone had a great Saturday. I didn't do much. Too much pizza and not enough veggies and fruit though.:eek:

Carolyn, I hope you get a good night's sleep.

Good night, my cyber pals.

Carolyn hope you feel better. We are sitting on the beach add we speak. Beautiful day to be on the beach. What happened with your friend?

This morning I did css then did an 8 mile bike ride. My knee is b really bothering me. I think I need to back off on Cathe.

Happy Sunday friends.

Sorry Carolyn. I don't understand utube either. I only watch fitness clips from it. I can't imagine letting my kids watch anything from utube. I hope you get some rest today.

Good Morning....I was so busy this weekend....saturday I was on the go all day...we went to the big city and hit sams club...I also had internet issues...but it is fixed now....we had to go buy a new modem....$100 later....we had internet!!!

Now...I am at work at crazy!!!!

Jean...so happy you will be getting a new puppy! Puppies are the best...I just love them....

Carolyn...I completely understand the friend issue.... but sometimes the truth hurts! Just saying....:confused: But, you are 100% right....I have seen some un child friendly stuff on youtube...it is not safe...and yes...this world is crazy....its not what it use to be!

Marie...B is growing up so fast! He is adorable as always!

Colleen...I hope your knee is feeling better!

Yesterday, we did manage to squeeze in a bike ride! Before it got too hot....

BBL!!! People are everywhere...I just wanted to check in!:eek:

Hi friends,

My cousin had a housewarming yesterday and we were there with extended family for hours, enjoying each other's company.
Today, it's another torturously hot day. Doing nothing. DS just came downstairs for bkfast:mad:.
I finished UY Balance earlier. I sort of feared that it would be difficult. I was wobbling all over. While in the practice, I was thinking I might just do UY all summer because the days apart seem sooo far apart, as though I'm not getting any benefit.. It used to be that I skipped Cathe/working out in the summers, then a few summers ago, I didn't stop and did diff things like yoga and DWTS, etc. So maybe I should just do UY. I know I will miss Cathe but we'll see.
I finally got my $100 gc code this weekend for that recipe. Have no idea what to get. Don't need anything.

Hi girls

Yoga day for me today. I did the free one on yoga today. trying to take it easy on my knee. It felt good on my knee. Maybe I will give ll a try tomorrow.

Carolyn have fun with your sister.

Missy hope today isn't too crazy at work.

Jean can't wait to see pictures. Good luck at the walk through.

Carolyn, I know the kind of scenario you described with your friend; happens to me, then I open my mouth and stick my foot in it. I am 100% with you on profanity. I've never sworn in front of my kids and feel they shouldn't grow up hearing that as part of everyday language. It doesn't need to be.
Enjoy your time with your sis, lucky girl! Speaking of sisters, dh is going on a business trip right now and will pop into my sister's but I can't go. Waaaaah.

Colleen and Carolyn, sorry about your knee. Baby it.

Carolyn...first of all...I think you are a wonderful mother and it is not you. You are just concerned with how your children are raised and you are teaching them how they should be. Lead by example! I remember when I was a child when we would go to the store....my parents would shop and I would go to the toy depart..... today I get nervous to look the other way if my purse is sitting in the buggy...much less let a child go to the other side of the store or even the next isle..... this world is a monster.... So moral of my storey is....you are a womderful MOM...and dont forget that! Keeping your children safe is more important than a "friend"!!! :) Hugs!!! Family comes first!!!

Carolyn...first of all...I think you are a wonderful mother and it is not you. You are just concerned with how your children are raised and you are teaching them how they should be. Lead by example! I remember when I was a child when we would go to the store....my parents would shop and I would go to the toy depart..... today I get nervous to look the other way if my purse is sitting in the buggy...much less let a child go to the other side of the store or even the next isle..... this world is a monster.... So moral of my storey is....you are a womderful MOM...and dont forget that! Keeping your children safe is more important than a "friend"!!! :) Hugs!!! Family comes first!!!

Missy, I couldn't have said it better myself! High five!
Carolyn, what she said! You're a great mom in my book.
The thing is, I sometimes feel like you do, sitting on my high horse. And anyway, I agree with your parenting principles. So there.

Jean, I too can't wait for your pics. My cousin has a brand-new townhouse that we visited yesterday and it is SO gorgeous. Gray walls, white trim, white cabinets, white wainscoting. I WANT a new house! Waaaaah!

I concur as well. Carolyn you are a great mom. Don't let anyone make you think otherwise. Protect them while you can.

Its okay Carolyn...I ate a candy bar and some ice cream yesterday....oh well....sometimes you have to indulge to feel human!!!

My foam roller came yesterday...i did some rolling last noght after i did my spin workout...and it felt great!!!

Hopefully today goes by quickly....i stayed up last last night...10 pm....too late for me....so im dragging my butt today!!!

Tonight im doing total body trisets....upper body...yeah! TBT is one of my alltime favs!!!

Bbl!!!

Btw....carolyn...i dont blame you...you said it best....predators are everywhere..... and once something happens its too late....so keep them safe for as long as you can!!! They will appreciate in the end!

Good morning Girls.

Carolyn enjoy the beach today. Yeah on the Doms. Good luck finding a speech therapist. My son is in speech as well. So far we are happy with his progress. We recently changed therapists and it made a big difference. What sounds does dd have trouble with?

Today I tried a new workout. Its called barre3. I really enjoyed it. My knee prefers barre workouts. This one was different than Leah but same type of concept. I really hate to say it but my knee can't handle cathe. After 6 months off from her workouts(except spin) within one week my knee pain came back. My knee was pain free for Months. I'm really sad but I'd rather be pain free.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.