STS DEAL OF THE DAY!!!!!

Hello ladies :)
Yesterday's w/o was my last back & bi's disc of M2 :(. I really felt the 80% 1RM that's for sure :eek:. The only time I was certain I should have went heavier, was with the drop set concentration curls...Cathe read my mind! She said "if you can go through all the reps in the last set easily, you should have went heavier with your first set @ 80%". That was me :eek:. Lesson learned for next time ;).

That happened to me too! I was kinda bummed I didn't fry my bis, b/c in the other routines, they were fried with the curls. Maybe the types of exercises and order made the difference for us where we needed the heavier weight?

Today's w/o was Imax1 :eek:. Love it! I can do it on an 8inch step height, which I am doubtingly proud of :D. I could have never done that 1 year ago.

Im proud of you too!! You have been working very hard to be able to do that! Bravo!

Gina
Sleep? What's that? I have a toddler who has been waking up 1X/night for the past 2 years :(. Yes, get all the sleep you can. It's sooo good for you.
Whereabouts in Italy does your family originate from? To Italians, food is love and love is food. Enjoy your weekend with your family, it's a very precious time. As long as you eat small portions of everything, you can still indulge sometimes (that's my motto anyway ;)).
I could never count micro nutrients :confused:. It's hard enough for me to count calories :confused:.
I used to do Pilates in my early 20's...but then I got bored. It really does hit the butt nicely :D.

Sorry to tease you about the sleep! lol. I don't have any children or animals to wake me up during the night! she'll outgrow it....eventually! I feel for ya, but she has got to be an incredible blessing!
My family is from a very small coastal town called Carpino in the province of Foggia. It is on the east side exactly across from Naples. If you look at a map, there is a piece of land that sticks out that makes me think it is the "heel spur" of the boot and that is exactly where the town is! I had the amazing opportunity to visit Italy last fall with my family. We toured through the major cities seeing Venice, Florence, Rome, Tuscany, Sicily, Palermo, and then afterwards we took a trip to Carpino, just my parents and I. We found cousins and got my Grandfather's birth certificate. It was an incredible journey that I will always cherish and never forget. If you haven't been, you must try to go one day!! That's me in my avatar holding up the Tower of Pisa!
You are absolutely right about food and Italians! I was always encouraged to eat and to eat more! At the age of 41, I am finally learning that I can eat all of the delicious food, but like you said in moderation. I now take smaller portions and eat slower focusing on conversation. I no longer "keep up" with everyone else's eating! And I am satisfied! For years, I would not eat dinners with family or bring my "special food" thinking it was better for me, but I felt deprived and the weight came back on anyways.

Savor your final day of Meso 2!! Meso 3 starts for me tomorrow!!

Gina

Nancy...quick question

Are you doing another Hiit workout in the week besides the Pylo Legs and where are you fitting it into your rotation? Just curious and trying to figure out what Im doing!

Oh guys, To The Max was pretty intense, fast, fun and challenging! I loved the music, I loved step tabata. The solid step section reminds me of Athletic Step. I haven't tried the bonus add-ons yet, want to be "surprised" when I do the premixes. I did use the blue band in one round and the pink one in the second. I love her ingenuity!!

I was impressed I did the whole routine through!! I matched Cathe's step height, but had to lower from her 8# DB to 5s. Too hard on my recovering rotator cuff tear shoulder, but honestly, my biceps were feeling it too! I only had to briefly pause twice to catch my breath and that was once during the 30/20 Hiit and once after the 16 cycles.

I have to honestly say that STS has helped me to accomplish this DVD. Yes, I've been working on increasing my cardio endurance, but my leg strength is what carried me through! I did her Hiit videos two years ago, but I did not feel this good and strong doing them!

I'm not sure when I'll try CrossFire. Im trying to figure out my cardio amongst the 4 STS w/os scheduled with 2 being legs. I'm not sure how my legs will hold up to do them!

Gotta run, have a great day girls and look forward to hearing how everyone is doing!

Gina

Oh, Natasha, forgot to wish you Happy Canada Day :)

STS

Hi ladies,
Thanks for the welcoming messages and the tips. I truly appreciate the support. So a little bit about myself; I'm 39 years old and a mother of three; 13 (girl), 10 (girl) and 2 (boy). I grew up in Brooklyn, NY and I now live in Atlanta. I've always been active. Before I had my son, I did Jari Love on regular basis and had great results. After giving birth I did P90X and lost the baby weight. Then I got bored with the workouts and was looking for something different. Through Jari Love's forum I learned about Cathe. I did a lot of research on her work and I was very impressed. :) I purchased the Hard Core series in March of this year. My fitness goals are to lose the extra fat around the middle and have a muscular and toned body. I'm not trying to be a body builder but I want to feel empowered and strong. I know STS is just the thing.
Week 1 was good. I do need to up my weight in some excercises though. I dont' always feel challenged. I have to figure out a way to microload without having to purchase a new set of weights (for the platemate).
What are some of the results you ladies have been seeing?
Natasha, Thanks for The protein idea. I actually just had a proten shake for breakfast. It's my first time doing that. I usually have instant oatmeal. Eating well has always been a challenge for me. I do okay during the week since I spend most of my time at work. On Sundays I tend to eat more; mindless eating.
Nanbo, I agree. STS or fitness is a journey to self-fulfillment. When I feel strong, I feel good about myself. When everything else falls apart, being fit and feeling strong keeps me going.
Gina, congrats on the triceps! That's amazing. Do you find youself spending more time in the mirror admiring the payoff? :) Getting that kind of results takes hard work.

Have a great day ladies! Tonight I start week 2. :D

Justina

Hello everyone :):)

Yesterday's workout was my last disc of M2 (chest, shoulder's, tri's). I could not reach my 80% 1RM :(. My strength was just not there. It didn't help that there was this child screaming and crying outside for 30min, and it distracted me hearing it (maternal instinct kicking-in). I won't use that as an excuse though. It was just an off day I suppose.

This week is my recovery week :D. I'm going to a splash-pad with my DH and little girl, and then we'll walk to a nearby lake shore trail. Walking is my favorite form of exercise :).

I'm dying to try the new workouts :eek:. This week cardio will be a mixture of hiit, steady state and kickboxing. I might even throw in Afterburn...might ;).

Gina
Wooohooo!! Congrats on surviving To The Max!!!!! I'm so proud of ya!!!
It's so amazing that you got to tour Italy. My cousin's did an awesome tour of Europe and I was super jealous...I love traveling. I hope to go visit family members in Italy as well, and of course tour the beautiful cities.
I meant to say that I loved your Avatar pic! I was not sure if it was photo-shopped or real.
I understand completely how Italians are with food. I was always told as a little girl to eat everything on my plate. It was not until I moved out at 18yrs old that I realized that mentally is just wrong (I was a pretty chubby teenager too).
How is M3??? I'm excited to hear your thoughts.
Justina
Wow, you are one busy mamma that's for sure! I admire people who have 2 or more children and still find time to workout and eat healthfully. That is pretty amazing stuff :). You seem like a great role model to your children, and that's the most important thing.
I understand about you not wanting to purchase more weights. Pace Weights are very costly. The weighted gloves are a good alternative and they don't cost very much.
As far as not being challenged, just go up in weight #'s for the following week and make adjustments (that's what I did). W1 for me was sort of trial/error (I did not have time to do the entire 1RM testing). I found it helpful to make notes while I was doing the workout (STS worksheets from the workout manager). As long as you kinda struggle with your last reps, you know you are in a good spot with your weight selection IMO.
Nancy
I loved your Squat Rack experience. Congrats on all those heavy and impressive weight #'s!!! I feel the same,
go big or go home :D...especially with legs & glutes :eek:.
Did you try out the new workouts???? You are so fit and strong, I know you are going to totally rock them
(if you haven't already ;)).
Dawn
I hope you are doing well. I posted a response to you last time you checked-in.

Have an awesome day folks! Keep up the great work :D

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!
Sounds like everyone is plugging along and feeling good!!!!:D
I did Crossfire on Saturday and loved it! I didn't do the Plyo-Tabata section because I have Plyo Legs scheduled for today, but I still was sweating bullets! The blue band made plyo jacks hysterical! On the 2nd round of them I backed down to the green band and had better form. I can't wait to try To The Max, especially after reading how much you liked it, Gina! In answer to your question, I had only planned on doing one plyo type work out per week; that's why I dumped a HiiT workout and put Plyo Legs in its place. But now I'd like to put Crossfire and To the Max into the mix....I'll have to look over the calendar and give it a tweak!;)
I also wanted to tell you that my late father was stationed in Foggia during the end of WWII. He was there as a belly gunner in a B-17 (he was only 17 yrs old!) with the 15th Army Air Force 775th bomb group. He flew 39 missions out of Foggia. He REALLY loved that town and always wanted to go back and show it to my mom. He passed away before he had the chance, which is so sad....he was so fond of the people there!
Justina, did you do you 1RM test before you started STS? It is so important not to neglect that part or you will find yourself constantly adjusting your weights. I found that as the program progressed I did have to tweak a few of them as my strength increased, but the initial test really made it easier in the beginning! I just received my Pace Weights AND I LOVE THEM!!!!! So much easier for microloading! I've been saving up for them for a while, but they are worth the investment.
Natasha, I hope you enjoy your recovery week! The first week of M3 is really not horrible because you are still at 80% of your 1RM and you work different muscle groups together than in M1 & 2; chest & back felt so good, and I found that I had more strength with the shoulder, bicep & tricep exercises put together for the same workout. My biceps totally got fried yesterday, by the 4th set they just didn't want to do more than 6 concentration curls :(. (I'm not very strong in my upper body...I was using 13#) I ended up doing the assisted type to finish out the last set. Today I really feel it! I think my triceps may be stronger than my biceps! I am still learning how to push myself; I've never worked out like this before! I hope when I do STS for the 2nd time I have a better feel for my upper limits.

So tonight I'll be doing Disc 27, Plyo Legs. My goal for the rest of this mesocycle is to incorpoate the new w/os and to work my abs more!
I have to say that my jaw dropped when I saw how great the crew looked on the new w/os. Very inspiring!!!!:eek:

Hi ladies,
Some nights are really tough to get a work out in. I have my girls fighting over computer time, and my toddler paying with my workout equipment. :D
Fitness is important to me, so I just focus on doing the best I can. It can get frustrating though. I'm away from home all day, so I'm missing time with my kids too. It's definitely a balancing act.
I did do the 1RM but only the ones with 3 or more stars. I read the post on how to do it. However, I think I could've used higher weight. I only have 10 pound dumbells. I think I could've had done 12...at least for some excercises.

okay. Gotta run. Have to catch the Express bus home. Hopefully the traffic isn't too bad. :rolleyes:

Have a good night!

Justina

Hello fit ones :)

I'll make this quick...

Yesterday was a nice family beach outing. I came home and did 4DS Higher Intensity Step. Enjoying my active recovery week already ;).

BTW, I have a serious bout of DOMS for my last M2 disc (chest, shoulder's, tri's). I guess I worked harder than I though :D.

Nancy
Thanks for the Canada Day wishes :).
I knew you were gonna try those workouts asap :D. I can just imagine you receiving them and ripping open the package like a wild animal...oh wait, that would be me ;).
The story of your father gave me goose bumps. You should travel to Foggia one day. I'm sure it would be a very special experience.
My great grandfather was in WW2 as well. My grandmother has all his war medals in her possession. It's amazing to see priceless items like that.
Justina
I would assume it would be very challenging for you to get your workouts in with 3 children and a full-time job. My hat goes off to you. I have one little girl (3yrs) and I find it difficult. I can't do anything when she's around :(. I have to wait until she goes to bed or my DH can watch her. Parenthood is harder than anything in the world! If you ever get a chance, youtube Louis CK (comedian). He is a comedic genius! He puts parenthood into perspective in the most hilarious way.
No worries about going higher in weight. Eventually you might be able to accumulate more dumbbell's and more equipment. STS is a program you can come back to and grow with. I think the 1st round is more like a trail/error, getting a feel for the program. A lot of people say that their 2nd and 3rd round goes a lot smoother and their results are even better.

Ok, gotta run! Have a good one ladies :)

Hi Everybody!

It's been a while since I checked in! I miss you guys.;)

Just completed M2 Disc 16. I love the back-off sets! What a great technique. It's also nice having that little reward of lighter weight to look forward to. I'm finding the M2 workouts don't feel as long as M1 - even though total time-wise they are a bit longer. That probably has to do with the longer breaks but M2 feels more organized and compact. Lovin' it!

This week I am actually going to do STS three days in a row! I have a busy end of the week and want to make sure to get it in. I'll let you know how THAT goes. Hey, maybe I'll end up being one of those 6-day-a-weekers! :eek:

Gina and Natasha - 50+ pounds for bench press - that's great! It's so fun hearing what weights you guys are doing. When I am done writing this I am actually going to go back through this thread and see what you were talking about when you were at the point I am now. Not that I didn't pay attention then - but now I'll relate to it more! ;)

Gina - how was your first day of M3? And your Italy trip sounds amazing! I agree, the strength from STS helps with cardio so much! Thanks for your review of To The Max. And I was wondering when push ups would come back!

Nancy, loved your "I know how to party!" comment. Fun knee. And your "burst into flames!" Last Friday was freakishly hot here as well. I bet the pace weights are awesome! They must be a HUGE timesaver. Do they ever have sales or are there coupons for them?

And wow M3 Disc 37 for you sounded amazing!!! Holy strong you are!

Now, I am not going to the July road trip. I was too much of a "newbie" when the registration opened. I'm so curious as to what the next road trip after July will be! That would b so great to meet up there.

Justina - SO happy to see you here! Welcome! I am on week 2 of Meso 2 and have loved every minute of it so far. The only thing I didn't like so much was the break week! Because I missed it so much. :D

With regards to changes - In M1 I didn't SEE huge changes as I had been doing Cathe's gym style strength workouts for a few months before starting STS. But, I FELT strong and toned. I also felt the muscle endurance that I had built up. I was telling the ladies - I did yard work one weekend - shoveling up rocks and dirt - and it was so EASY! I did it for hours. And all the bending and squatting I did for weeding,etc. was also a breeze. No stiffness or aches afterward. I attribute all of that to M1!

Here in M2 is where I am now SEEING the difference. Love it! I'm always glancing at my arms and chest (the MUSCLES in my chest that is ;) ) in the mirror! And lifting heavier feels so empowering.

Yes, micro loading is really important. I didn't think it would be at first and that I'd get by with what I have but it's really important. I use wrist weights a lot (the kind that look like wrist bands and also the kind that wrap around your wrist with velcro). But boy those plate weights look great!

Oh, and I too started my strength training journey with Jari Love - I still enjoy her but haven't done one of her DVD's in a while. I guess once you go Cathe - you don't go back! :)

So, keep letting us know how you are doing. I would love to be able to pay it forward and help you as much as the ladies in this forum have helped me!

Natasha -good to read about the final M2 DOMS. I was going to suggest that you do that disc over (to end on a good note!) but I see that you are enjoying your recovery week so you may not be interested in that! HA HA.

And Natasha and Justina, kudos for you for regularly exercising with the little ones at home. That is tough! My youngest is 11 so they are all self-sufficient now but when they were younger - it really was a challenge.

Okay, wow - this post is a MESS and all over the place! Sorry about that. I had to go back a few pages to make sure I covered everything. I need to check in more often!

Have a great day everybody!

Hi!

Hope you ladies had a good night.

Last night I did disc 4...wow I have never done so many pushups in my life. I actually did some on my toes (YES!). I'm making progress. I know I have to push myself, so that is my goal; to do as many pushups on my toes as possible. :D
Overall it was tough but I enjoyed it. I did Legs on Sunday night and today I'm really feeling it. :D

Ladies, when did you start noticing the body transformation with STS? What time in the day do you work out? I'm up at 5 am to get ready for work, so I only work out in the evenings. Typically an hour after dinner.

About nutrition; how do I know how many calories I should be consuming to reach my fitness goals? To gain muscles should I be at a deficit on daily basis? If so, what would be the deficit level? The last time I was on scale I was at the doctor's office, and I was at 108 pounds. I'm 5'2". The fat around my belly just won't go away.

Nancy, I'm going to look into Pace Weights. Do you know Amazon sells the product? I definitely need help with microloading.

Natasha, I will definitely check out the youtube video. I like stand up comedy. When the stress level is high, it helps to have a laugh. Have you ladies ever seen the show Off Their Rockers with Betty White? It's hilarious.

Have a good day!

Justina

Hi Dawn,
Thanks. Nice meeting you! Glad I finally met someone who has done Jari Love. I really enjoy her older DVDs. Her newer DVDs just don't do it for me.
Happy that I found Cathe. :)
I'm looking forward to getting results and I know I have to really put in the work. Last night was a struggle. This is week 2. I find myself having neck pain from the straining. LOL
I like the idea of wrist weights. I think Gina also suggested that. I will get some this weekend. I tried the 15 pound dumbbells last night and I couldn't do it. It was too much too quickly.
I think it's awesome that so many ladies here (Cathe fans) are working towards fitness; to be strong and empowered. Not many people in my life currently (outside of the forum) share the same fitness goals I do. I'm inspiried everyday when I read the posts. It pushes me to do better.

oh speaking of older kids, I have two (10 and 13) and they come with different set of challenges. :D Once the kids reach a certain age it's a different ball game.

Take care and chat with you soon!

Justina

I have much more DOMS from Plyo Legs than I did from Squat Rack Legs (I didn't really get any from squat rack legs)! As the day went on yesterday, I got more Ouchie! So glad it was my "rest" day! I did Yoga Abs, Yoga Relax, and my after dinner 30 minute walk.
Today starts M3 W2 Chest & Back. I'm freaked out about the 85% 1RM!!!!:eek:
I may be back with another post today, if not, have a safe and healthy 4th!

Happy July 4th to my friends down south :)

Nothing new/special to report for myself. I decided to take a rest day yesterday after walking in 100F heat for 1hr with my daughter in her stroller. I had no idea it was going to get that hot out.

Nancy

Oh my, plyo legs. I remember the first time I did it during one of my rotations...I could not walk for 1 week :eek:.
I honestly don't think anyone can ever get to 80%-90% of their true 1RM for squat rack unless you have a rack and a spotter. Most women have strong legs and can probably get up to 100lbs for 6-8reps. I think Cathe discusses this on her STS youtube tutorials and user manual. That's why I have decided to go ahead with plyo-legs too :D :eek:.
Dawn
You look far too young to have an 11yr old!!! ;)
Congrats on your M2 results :). Seeing those muscles are very gratifying indeed.
Oh, just a head-ups for your last disc of M2 (chest, shoulder's and tri's), push-ups return!!! I realized why I had a hard time with my 80% 1RM -- you do 30-40 push-ups right at the beginning!! I did them all on my toes with the exception of my last set. My arms and chest were already pretty fried, and then came the chest presses and I had nothing left :confused:. I wish Cathe would have done them at the end of all the weighted chest work.
Justina
I started noticing a big difference in M2 I would say, 2 weeks in.
I have all of Jari's Love's DVD, with the exception of some of her newest. My fav of all time is still Ripped To The Core and Slim & Lean :).
With regards to calories, perhaps ask in the Ask Cathe forum. At your weight, I would say you don't really need to lose any more "scale weight" (I used to be 105lbs ages ago and I'm 5'1). I think just doing STS will increase your muscle mass while decreasing overall fat. The scale may stay the same or even go up a little. I would even go as far as saying your belly fat may not even be fat, just stretched out skin from your pregnancies. I gained 65lbs from my pregnancy, and my body fat % is low, but the lower belly pouch is still there. I truly believe since I carried VERY BIG, it's just skin that will not go back to it's original state :(. But I can't complain because I had several miscarriages before the birth of my daughter, and I would have gained 100lbs if that meant doing it over again :).

Have a great day ladies :)

Hi ladies,
Happy 4th!
Hope you're enjoying the day off. In about 2 hours I will be doing my workout, today is disc 5 Back and Triceps. I'm looking forward to it. Last night Turbo Fire was tough. The hiit workout really kicked my behind. :D I was still sore from Monday's STS.

Natasha,
Slim and Lean is one of my favorite DVDs too! I also love Get Ripped and Chiseled. Do you have that one? I don't weigh myself on regular basis. I actually don't have a scale. It's all about how my clothes fit. These days it's kind of frustrating trying to find the right fit on the bottom. I'm between sizes. Petite 2 is too big and petite 0 is too small. I gained about 35 pounds with each of the pregnancies. I have been able to lose weight after many months of hard work. Still, I'm not at my ideal fitness level. I will keep going until I get to my goal. I just have to stick to the program. :)
I agree. Every experience of becoming a mother is a blessing. To me, gaining weight is just a small part. That's why I did it three times! :D
What does DOMS stand for? I'm guessing it has something to do with the soreness you feel after a good workout? I know, I know, it's a silly question. :D

okay. Gotta get ready to rip some muscles. :rolleyes:
Take care and talk again soon!

Justina

Gina & Nancy

Check this out regarding Squat Rack & the weighted vest:

STS - Week 10A - YouTube

Justina
I understand completely about sizes. STS will really tone and change your body composition. You'll get there, just be consistent with the program and have faith in yourself. Of course you have to eat as clean as possible to see optimal results. Me? I'm a clean eater but not 24/7. I just don't have that much dedication right now :D. It's hard with a little one around sometimes.
DOMS = Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness.

I read an inspirational quote awhile back, and it really changed the outlook I had on my body:

"having the body you want, starts with loving the body you have"

Have a great day ladies!

Good morning ladies!

Hope everyone is doing well. I definitely can do better as far as eating clean. I love food and it has been a challenge to resist the bad stuff. I had a protein shake right after I got up this morning (at 5:30am). When I arrive at the office (8 am) I had low sugar instant oatmeal. Why am I still hungry? I'm drinking water to make sure I'm not just thirsty. I try to snack on the healthy stuff: almonds, fruit, whole wheat crackers etc. I have to work on being consistent. I do better during the week than on the weekends.

Natasha,
Love that quote. Thanks for that! :)

By the way, does anyone have a recommendation for protein bars with very little sugar?

Have a good day!

Justina

Good morning ladies!

Hope everyone is doing well. I definitely can do better as far as eating clean. I love food and it has been a challenge to resist the bad stuff. I had a protein shake right after I got up this morning (at 5:30am). When I arrive at the office (8 am) I had low sugar instant oatmeal. Why am I still hungry? I'm drinking water to make sure I'm not just thirsty. I try to snack on the healthy stuff: almonds, fruit, whole wheat crackers etc. I have to work on being consistent. I do better during the week than on the weekends.

Natasha,
Love that quote. Thanks for that! :)

By the way, does anyone have a recommendation for protein bars with very little sugar?

Justina,
Make sure to have protein at EVERY snack too. Hard boil a batch of eggs and take them to work. Put a little nut butter in your oatmeal w/ 1/2 of a banana. Make a big batch of quinoa which lasts in the fridge for up to 6 days and put some in greek yogurt sweetened with a little stevia (or honey) for a very filling, healthy, and protein packed snack. My snacks and meals always consist of protein, carbs & a little fat...or else I turn into a ravenous food monster :mad:. What I also found to be very filling and healthy is making the switch from instant oatmeal (which I was a big fan of) to steel cut oats. You can also make a big batch and separate them in little containers (keep in fridge) and take them to work -- it's very economical too.

Check out the recipe section on this website. I have 2 recipes: dark chocolate-banana quinoa cookies and key lime tarts. Delicious and healthy! The kids might love em' too!

Have a good day!

Thanks for the great ideas Natasha. Easy enough for me to do.
I can't find your recipes. Is there a way to do a search for them?

Justina

Hello Fellow STSers!!!!
Today was M3 W2 Squat Rack legs at 85% 1RM. I think you're right Natasha; I can definately squat more than this! I just can't lift it!!!! Even with the vest fully loaded (20#) I can only get about 55# up and over my head. I used my turbo bar today to hold my barbell at the highest point, but at 5' 5 1/2", I'm too tall to make this work as a squat rack! So I just faced the bar, hunkered under it, and hoisted it up over my head. At least that spared me the move from about waist high to up and over my head. I have GOT to get stronger in my upper body! Every other exercise went great! I really love the static lunges!
Yesterday I did To the Max and was gasping for air!!! I did the Fitness Tabata instead of Compound Legs Premix. I'm thinking of using Crossfire and To The Max for the rest of my STS rotation as my cardios (along with Plyo Legs). I'm not sure if I'll do them both in one week though :rolleyes:! Maybe alternate them with Afterburn and Athletic Training.....?
Justina, I think everyone has commented on their appetite going through the roof when they start STS. I still feel famished in the morning when I first get up and in the evenings after dinner, too! Natasha has great ideas regarding balanced eating; I find the same thing works for me! NEVER eat carbs alone. That is the Devil's work for sure!:D
Well, I'm off to do my after dinner stroll and gearing up for a relaxing night! I really enjoy these evening walks when the sun is calming down and the threat of spontaneous combustion is eliminated!
How is everyone holding up under this crazy heat?

Hello fit STS gals :)

My active recovery week has been SO nice. I thoroughly enjoy the time away from the weights now that I have gotten used to it.

As far as what cardio I've done (in addition to walking and playing outside with my little one daily :)) Thursday I did Afterburn and Friday I did Imax2. I had an "epiphany" during both workouts. For Afterburn, I was able to complete all the plank work and keep up with Cathe and crew :D (I credit this to my increased UB strength from STS). Imax2...well...it was kinda easy...not super easy, just "easier" I suppose. Today I am going to the post office to pick up the new workouts :eek:. I shall do TO THE MAX :eek:. I guess this will be a test to push my cardio limits outside my comfort zone.

WHO IS PRE-ORDERING CATHE'S NEW 10PK STRENGTH DVD'S???? I almost had a heart attack when I saw her post :eek::eek:.

Nancy
First off, I can't believe you can lift 55lbs over your head!!!! I humbly bow to you strong lady.
I wanted to use the Turbo Tower for a squat rack, but I think I might even be a little too tall for it, and I'm only 5'1 :confused:. I think they purposely made it that way (of course) so you couldn't use it for that. I do the same thing, place the barbell to the highest setting and hoist it over my head from there...but I struggle with 45lbs :eek:.
Did you look at the youtube link?
Depending on how much I love the workouts, I might strictly do them for my cardio, alternating high/low impact + plyo legs (I might not go up to 70% of my 1RM though).
Your evening walks sound so lovely. Did I mention I wholeheartedly love walking?
The heat has been very bad here. Yesterday we hit a record breaking high, I think it was 113F with humidity. I won't complain though, summers are too short here. I'm not made for winter and snow :(.

Have a rockin' weekend ladies!

Here are the recipes I submitted:
http://cathe.com/healthy-recipe-key-lime-tarts-wchocolate-macaroon-crust
http://cathe.com/banana-dark-chocolate-quinoa-cookies

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Hello fit STS gals :)

My active recovery week has been SO nice. I thoroughly enjoy the time away from the weights now that I have gotten used to it.

As far as what cardio I've done (in addition to walking and playing outside with my little one daily :)) Thursday I did Afterburn and Friday I did Imax2. I had an "epiphany" during both workouts. For Afterburn, I was able to complete all the plank work and keep up with Cathe and crew :D (I credit this to my increased UB strength from STS). Imax2...well...it was kinda easy...not super easy, just "easier" I suppose. Today I am going to the post office to pick up the new workouts :eek:. I shall do TO THE MAX :eek:. I guess this will be a test to push my cardio limits outside my comfort zone.

WHO IS PRE-ORDERING CATHE'S NEW 10PK STRENGTH DVD'S???? I almost had a heart attack when I saw her post :eek::eek:.

Nancy
First off, I can't believe you can lift 55lbs over your head!!!! I humbly bow to you strong lady.
I wanted to use the Turbo Tower for a squat rack, but I think I might even be a little too tall for it, and I'm only 5'1 :confused:. I think they purposely made it that way (of course) so you couldn't use it for that. I do the same thing, place the barbell to the highest setting and hoist it over my head from there...but I struggle with 45lbs :eek:.
Did you look at the youtube link?
Depending on how much I love the workouts, I might strictly do them for my cardio, alternating high/low impact + plyo legs (I might not go up to 70% of my 1RM though).
Your evening walks sound so lovely. Did I mention I wholeheartedly love walking?
The heat has been very bad here. Yesterday we hit a record breaking high, I think it was 113F with humidity. I won't complain though, summers are too short here. I'm not made for winter and snow :(.

Have a rockin' weekend ladies!

Here are the recipes I submitted:
Cathe Friedrich - Key Lime Tarts w/Chocolate Macaroon Crust
Cathe Friedrich - Banana-Dark Chocolate Quinoa Cookies

Enjoy!

Natasha:
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the link to the Cathe video! VERY HELPFUL!!!!! Now, when I said I barely lift 55# over my head I should have really emphasized the barely! It is not pretty!:eek: I have been thinking about adding my ankle weights to my weighted vest somehow. They have little 1/2 pound iron rods and each ankle weight adjusts up to 10#, so I could add another 20# to the vest! The thing is, I find it challenging just getting the 20# vest on!
Glad you're enjoying that recovery week; just think, you've only got 1 more mesocycle to go!;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.