STS DEAL OF THE DAY!!!!!

Hi everyone :)

Double Wave Loads :eek:. Oh my. D21 (back & bi's), love it! I absolutely adore working back, especially w/my tower. The barbell rows are my fav, and I'm pushing 55lbs now. At times I felt I could have gone heavier, but with my temperamental lower back, I have to be extra cautious. My entire upper back is DOMS'ing today, and I've never felt anything quite like it. I guess that means I worked it hard ;).

Oh, so I did the plie jacks, tuck jumps and air jacks w/the blue firewalker. Ummm, that s**t is craaazzyyy. I'm busting out my pink one for sure! Actually, the blue one is doable, but the tension is so great that I could hardly open up my legs .

Gina
Happy belated!!!! I hope you had a wonderful birthday :).
Congrats on doing Imax!! That one is my fav!! Doing it on an 8inch is really hard, but no worries, you'll work up to it. That last blast just destroys me :eek:.
I feel the same way about indulgences. It's ok, everything in moderation. As long as you get back on track, you'll be just fine ;). I could not imagine a life without cake once in a while ;).
If I can do cardio, I would prefer it in the a.m. Weights I can do whenever, but my preference is always the a.m. Unfortunately, I have to do the majority of my exercises past 5pm Mon-Fri :(.
Dawn
Yes, I broke down and got a vest :). When I break it in, I'll let you guys know ;).
Congrats on finishing M1!!! What a wonderful accomplishment :). I was stretching out my last week of M1 too so it wouldn't end :p.
Wrist/ankle weights DO come in handy for those micro-increments on the barbell! Us STS'ers have to get creative sometimes ;).

Have a rockin' day ladies! Keep up the great work, you guys are awesome!

Gina, oh boy - good luck with those calves today! Think of Drill Max as your warmup for today. LOL! We've got the heat here too - it was as scorcher yeserday!

Regarding time of day to workout. I actually vary every day depending on my mood, schedule, etc. Some days I am eager to get it done first thing but other days I like to wind down the day with it.

With STS, I've found I plan it around times when I can really enjoy it as well. Even if I have an hour - if I'm distracted with something else in my mind or think I might be interrupted - I don't do it then. STS is so much more than just something you want to check off the list for the day, isn't it!?

Natasha, funny you say that about working your back. I never particulary enjoyed working back until now! Now that it is stronger - it feels so good to work it. And boy what a difference it makes with everyday stuff. I worked a good 2.5 hours in the yard last weekend shovelling up dirt and rocks and it was a breeze. No aches and pains at all from all the bending and lifting - that was awesome!

You stretched out your last week of M1 too? That's funny. I was almost "afraid" when it ended. But now I see M2 at the end of the tunnel - so I'm okay with it. :D

Good Morning my STS buddies :)

Natasha I can't believe you tried those moves from the upcoming new workouts!! You are brave!! I think I will wait until they get here ;)
For some reason, I really like the original IMAX myself! It's a solid, basic, challenging workout and yes, that last blast just does me in all of the time. Imax 2 is my next fav.

What size vest did you get? Is it Cathe's brand or another? I have her 20# one and it will help me in Meso 3. Now I'm wishing I had one up to 40#. I just realized how much I am gonna need to lift. I finally got some crazy DOMS from my Legs w/o yest. I upped my weights and made sure to get that 90 degree angle with my knee/thigh parallel to floor and what a huge difference!! My quads and glutes are nice and sore and my calves, well, they are screaming!! If you have a backpack, someone suggested you can put weight plates in there and use that as a makeshift vest too. Never tried it, but I just might! Not sure how long the straps will hold out tho.

Dawn I'm guilty of stretching out my last week too! I did it for Meso 1 b/c I was going to miss lifting for a week! And I find myself doing it again this time for Meso 2. I have one more disc left (yippee!!) and I'm like, "I'll do it today, no tmrw, if not then Sunday!!" I just wanna keep going it is an awesome feeling to do STS, but I know, our bodies need the down time!

Ok, gotta go get my cardio in. I'm just gonna do a Turbo Jam w/o. My legs aren't quite up to a Cathe one. lol. She did me in! What workouts is everyone doing today?

Gina

Recovery Weeks ROCK!!!!!
Happy STS Summer-Time Ladies!!!!
I have really enjoyed the first 2 days of my recovery week: just walking and abs. I haven't enjoyed the days away from Cathe in the past, but this time I really needed the down-time! ;) Tonight I'll do Step Blast, tomorrow is KPC....and abs! I think Sunday is Yoga Max and Monday will be Slide n' Glide Cardio Express. Tuesdays are usually my Yoga Relax/Yoga Abs day.
Then, on Wednesday, with much trepidation, I start M3!!!:eek: I'm a little nervous about scheduling Squat Legs and Plyo Legs (incuding the weights) in the same week. We'll see.:p
I've continued with my nightly after dinner walks and find that it really helps my digestion. It is getting brutally hot and sultry out now, so coming back to a nice cool bowl of yogurt/fruit/nuts is very rewarding.
Gina, I work out in the evening right when I get home from work (between 5 and 6pm). On the weekends I work out around 10am (my favorite time!). I used to get up early and work out years ago, but I find I'm just not alert enough and my joints are stiffer first thing in the morning. I really need to have my wits about me so I don't hurt myself :eek:. During my rest week I don't do any weights and I only do steady state cardio because I feel my heart needs a break from HiiT type stuff. I try to focus on abs and stretching, too.
Natasha, the pink band, ey? Well, I'll probably be right there with you! I just watched the To The Max clip and became paralyzed with fear!

Recovery Weeks ROCK!!!!!
I haven't enjoyed the days away from Cathe in the past, but this time I really needed the down-time! ;) !

I believe I need the down time too Nancy. I couldn't get through my cardio workout today. Barely eeked out 30 mins of a 50min video and that intensity was pitiful. My energy has bonked not to mention that my quads, inner thighs, and glutes are major DOMSing! I just have one more disc in Meso 2 to finish for Back and Biceps then I will focus on replenshing through walking, pilates, and yoga myself.

Then, on Wednesday, with much trepidation, I start M3!!!:eek: I'm a little nervous about scheduling Squat Legs and Plyo Legs (incuding the weights) in the same week. We'll see.:p!

I was working on my schedule for Meso 3 today and I had the same thoughts! I am asking myself, "Are you CRAZY?!" to schedule both leg workouts in the same week and wondering if I can pull it off! I am planning on including the weights in the Plyo w/o too. My lower body is where I really need to make the changes. I'll try it if you are up to it (Gulp, did I just say that?!), but then at least I will know that I am not the only crazy one! Lol. I'll give the first week a chance and re-evaluate from there. Good Luck! And I will be anxiously awaiting to hear how you survived :)

I just watched the To The Max clip and became paralyzed with fear!

Can you believe Natasha already tried out some of the new moves?! I reacted the same as you: visualize a deer caught in headlights! Yup, that's me :-D

Happy Sunday Ladies,

I just can't wait anymore. I am going to do M2 Disc 13 today! It's only a day early so I figure it is okay, right? I printed out my workout card 3 days ago, my weights are lined up and everything is sitting there waiting form me. Yippee!

So, I was kind of a slacker last week with regards to official cardio workouts.:eek: I stayed active doing a lot of yard work and a little running BUT I think that made me miss STS that much more! If I had regularly done Cathe's cardio DVD's I might not be as anxious to get started. This also made me realize the amazing value of a structured rotation/program. It is too easy to blow it off without one. So, a good lesson learned.

Speaking of cardio - I DID do one DVD and this is pretty funny. I popped in (what I thought was) LIS Cardio Supersets the other day and about 10 minutes in (when I started jumping) - I was like "OMG, this is Cardio Core Circuits!!!" :eek: I had downloaded both of those and burned them on DVD's so the DVD's look similar. I must have seen the word "cardio" and grabbed it. I figured it was a sign, so I finished it (well, with a few breaks and modifications). It wasn't that bad this time!

Gina and Nancy - it is interesting to hear you guys talk about your "worries" over M3! You guys were so pumped during M2 - I hope most of that carries into M3 for you once you get started! I'm dying to hear all about it.

Oh, I keep meaning to ask you guys - the squat routine is a separate purchase, correct? I believe I only ordered the 36 disc STS set.

Natasha, do I have this right - you only have one more week of M2?

Pam, how are you doing with STS? I hope everything is okay.

I'm not sure I mentioned this yet - but thank you all for your input on this thread! As you guys know, it is so motivating to talk to people doing the same exact thing. This whole experience would be SO much different without you guys! So, thanks! ;)

Hi Dawn! Oh, I'm pumped and ready just like you to start the new Meso! I'm just a lil scared if my legs are going to handle both Squat and Pylo workouts! I am still DOMSing from my legs w/o on Thurs! I'm starting recovery week tmrw, but yesterday I printed out all of my cards for the first week and have my numbers all figured out. I even write down how I'm going to load my barbell with which weight plates. That really has helped - I don't have to think about it or pause the tape long if at all. I don't blame you for starting today. You should be fine! Push past your mental limits and go all out! I learned you can do more than you think! I know my second round of STS is going to be much better, this one has a learning curve to it.

Don't worry about your "slacking" you are going to need your energy the next 4 weeks!! Just wait, Cathe has some goodies for you ;0 (insert evil laugh)! But I'm like you, ordinarily I need to know exactly what I am doing when I get up that day. I love preplanning my w/os a few weeks ahead actually! They are not set in stone as I do listen to my body, but for the most part I follow it. I'm thinking of just doing some water and dance classes at the gym this week with some pilates and yoga at home and walks in the park. I may go out with a bang tho today and do a Hiit, Imax 2, or CCC today. We'll see.

This thread has been a huge source of motivation and support for me too! I believe it has kept me going when I've been tired and hurtin knowing that you guys are out there doing your part so I need to do mine! When I'm working out, there are times I think "I can't wait to share that with the girls!" So, right back at ya: Thank You :-D

Good evening STS ladies :)

I feel like I've missed so much. I will try my best to respond to everyone.

Saturday's w/o was D19 (chest, shoulder's & tri's). Thank god for my weighted gloves! Those puppies really come in handy w/the 5% increase and DWL. You'd never think 1/2lbs or 1lbs could make a difference, but when you are fatigued, oh boy watch out! I'm happy to report bench pressing 50lbs . I tend to err on the extra side of caution with barbell bench presses though, afraid I won't be able to squeeze in that last rep, and then I'm screwed :eek:.

I feel good and very confident these days. I know my hard work is starting to pay-off. If I could only clean up my diet even more, I'd know my body fat % would decrease, but I just don't have that much dedication. I would have to think twice about consuming a nice glass of wine tonight ;).

Today I bite the bullet and did 40/20 :eek:. I'm happy to report that workout DID NOT destroy me :D. I kept up pretty well with Cathe, using all the same step heights as hers too. I don't think I will ever do those butt kicks as fast as she does though :eek:. And the lateral jump over the step-topper just blows my mind :eek:. Super-human freak of nature!

Dawn
:eek: You started M2 :eek:. How was it??? Details please :D.
Kuddos to you for not shutting off CCC went you realized it was not CSS. I have to really be in the mood to even press play for that one.
Yes, the Squat Rack is a separate purchase.
I wouldn't consider you a slacker during your active recovery. You did yard work, walked, even ran a little. That sounds pretty active to me. Trust me, you are gonna be thankful for taking it down a few notches.
Gina & Nancy
I may join you guys in doing 2 leg workouts/week :eek::eek:.
Gina
I got the Cathe Atlus 20lbs vest. LOL I thought of the knapsack thing :eek:. I already have a temperamental lower back, and did not want to take the risk. I figure doing both squat rack and plyo legs, I should have bun & thighs of steel soon ;).
You know what, everyone is so intimidated by Cathe's tough cardio like hiit, CCC, Imax. I truly believe if you go at your own pace and modify if needed, anyone can do them. When I started with Cathe, my cardio was in no way as good as it is now. My knee's were in rough shape too and I had an extra 10lbs on my frame. But slow and steady wins the race ;).
Nancy
Great job on getting your walks in. I used to adore nightly walks, but now all I can think about is getting my 3yr old to bed by 7:30!
I love your cardio variety. You've reminded me that I have not done KPC in quite some time. I'll have to pull it out next week.

One last note, all of you are doing such an amazing job! You ladies in this thread are also a great source of inspiration and motivation for me. Keep up the wonderful work ;)

Last edited:
Natasha, great news on benching the 50 pounds! And great news on the 40/20. It sounds like your hard work is paying off in all sorts of ways! That's great.

Yes, I started M2 - yay! I'm likin' it! And my muscles are back! I was feeling like they were beginning to "go away" toward the end of the recovery week - amazing how they bounce right back though.

Wow, the breaks in M2 seem so long compared to M1, huh? Which is good - but I am so programmed to hurry up and change my weights - now I can take my time - it's nice. I also had forgotten to calculate my 1RM for the bench presses. Back when I was doing 1RM's I put those off until I got my squat rack -but then I forgot to calculate them. So, I kinda guessed on the weights for those. That made me really appreciate how important it is to have your 1RM's calculated ahead of time!

I agree about modifying CCC. I did that last time and it worked out fine! I wouldn't jump as high or wouldn't complete all the reps - whatever it was - I took it "easy" and it was so much more enjoyable than getting discouraged that I couldn't keep up. I'm sure someday I realize - "hey, I just did that whole thing with no modifications."

Hey, have any of you been to a Cathe road trip?

Good morning ladies :)

I'm just going to write a quick one so everyone can catch up on reading...

I did my last legs disc of M2 yesterday...WITH MY 20LBS VEST! I used it for 90% of the workout and loved it! Using the vest, I was forced to perform the exercises with no less than 20lbs, adding weight if necessary. I was challenged no doubt :eek:.

Dawn
The breaks are nice in M2. This meso is when I really started to see definition in my UB, so watch out :eek:. That being said, I'm quite surprised because I was never able to build muscle easily. This meso was my fav so far. I think you are going to thoroughly enjoy it.
Yup, you're right about CCC. Kuddos to you for doing it. You brave, brave soul ;). It's easy to get discouraged when you see Cathe and crew making the workout look effortless while you're about to collapse :eek:. But then I am reminded, this is what Cathe does for a living...and she's related to Super Man ;).

Nancy and Gina
Hope you are both doing well :)

Have a great day ladies :)

Good Morning my fellow STSers!

Hope everyone is plugging along and doing great with their workouts. I have been doing steady stepping like Step Fit which is an oldie but goodie and the step premix from SJ&P. Then I did some pilates which later I noticed really hit my butt, cuz it was burning when I was crouching to weed my flowers! I'm enjoying the break on intensity I have to admit. I always think Im going to miss the lifting, but my body does seem to really need these breaks!

Does anyone else seem to need more sleep when they are lifting? I am able to function on less sleep this week, like an hour less than when Im lifting and I haven't felt like I needed to nap!

Natasha it sounds like you are doing great! 40/20?! Kuddos!! And 50# is a great feeling to press isn't it? I do that for incline and 53.5 for the flat bench press. I've noticed gains in my muscle strength and was able to do the first 20 pushups on the last disk in Meso 2 on my toes!! Yeah, pushups come back! Back in Meso 1, I only did them on my knees or table top :) Actually, I had tried heavier, and your fear happened....I couldn't get the bar back up after a few reps! I had to roll it down and off my body!! I could never see the need for spotters, but now I can!!

You're not alone on having a more relaxed eating plan. That's what I tell myself too, how I could really drop fat if I just tightened up my diet. I don't have that kind of dedication right now either. Im not going to continue with that BFFM challenge, cuz they are all counting their macronutrients and getting very strict. Me? My parents have been home from Florida (they are snowbirds) since April and I haven't missed Sunday dinner with them, but it always starts with a glass of wine! Being Italian, that's like an automatic thing...lol. Also, I've been enjoying the meals at birthdays, graduations, and now upcoming picnics. I'm trying to not go overboard, but I ended back with a lil sugar addication after my birthday cake, so I'm trying to break that habit again! I guess Im more maintaining for right now, which I've plateaued this month so maybe it'll help shock my body into losing when I do tighten back up. Sometimes, our bodies just need a break!

Dawn I've never been on one, but I would love to go on a Cathe road trip! It would be cool if we could all meet up at one sometime!

Trust me, if you work hard enough in Meso 2 those "longer" breaks go by fast when you are trying to recover esp with legs! But it was a nice change from the frantic pace in Meso 1 I have to agree.

Nancy good luck with starting Meso 3....which I believe is today? Im curious which leg w/o you will do first. Squat or Pylo? I may do the pylo first thinking if I lift too heavy with squat rack I have my rest day after that. Knowing how I felt with my leg DOMS last week, it kinda rendered me useless in my cardio w/o the next day!! I will anxiously awaiting to hear how it goes!! I start Monday!!

Have a great day everyone. Hopefully Pam and Cathe will check in with us with an update too :)

Gina

M3 Disc 25 Chest & Back was GREAT!!!!
I loved the "push-pull" attack! I was surprised at how much strength I have gained through this program! The rest periods went by REALLY fast; probably because I have to wrap and unwrap those stupid ankle weights around my wrists....but not for long! I took the plunge and ordered the Pace weights that folks have been talking about on another thread. Got the 18 piece deal with the case. Hooray! I hope they get here soon!
Tonight I have Weights & Plates and AFTERBURN!!!! I know how to party!!!!:eek:

New to STS

Hi there,
I have just started STS this week. I've been reading the STS forum and have been encourged by Natasha to join this thread for support. Looks like you all are much further into the program and are getting amazing results. Any tips for a newbie? I'm doing a combination of STS and Turbo Fire (for my cardio days).

Thanks!

Have a good day.

Justina

Welcome :)

HI Justina :)

I responded to your other post about microloading and I also posted the following there too, but just so you see it, here it is....

I'm glad you followed Natasha's suggestion and decided to post on our thread. You are more than welcome to join us no matter which stage of STS you are on. This is our first STS round. We are pretty much all on different weeks. Some of us starting Meso 3 and another just started Meso 2. And a few of us are even going to pyramid back down (meaning we'll do M1, M2, M3, and then M2, and M1) so we may even end up doing M2 together then! We have a great group of ladies over there who are positive, encouraging, supportive, motivating, and willing to help with any questions.

My tip is to make sure that you are lifting heavy enough to be struggling on your last few reps. You want to fatigue your muscles and experience DOMS!! I am learning to push further in this area as I have never really lifted heavy before and it is KEY! My strength has undoubtedly increased! I can even see an outline of my tricep which I have never seen before! You will get results too and you will be amazed! However, my weight loss has stalled (I need to lose at least 15-20 pounds). I was crazy hungry in Meso 1, it seemed to level off with Meso 2, but I wonder what Meso 3 will bring!! I am happy to know that I am gaining muscle tho and believe it will help with burning more calories and will eventually lead to losing fat! I know it will as I do see my body shape changing. My weight may not be moving, but my measurements are getting smaller! Yippee :)

If you'd like, tell us a little bit about yourself, where are you from, how old you are, how long you have been working out to Cathe. We have all posted similar info throughout and would be nice to get to know you a little!! And ask us anything you want to know or need help with!

Nice to meet ya and look forward to hearing about your progress!

Gina

Last edited:
M3 Disc 25 Chest & Back was GREAT!!!!
I loved the "push-pull" attack! I was surprised at how much strength I have gained through this program! The rest periods went by REALLY fast; probably because I have to wrap and unwrap those stupid ankle weights around my wrists....but not for long! I took the plunge and ordered the Pace weights that folks have been talking about on another thread. Got the 18 piece deal with the case. Hooray! I hope they get here soon!
Tonight I have Weights & Plates and AFTERBURN!!!! I know how to party!!!!:eek:

Fantastic!! I can't wait to start on Monday!! I've got my sheets all ready to go!

I've looked at the Pace weights off and on over the years and I'm jealous cuz I do want them! Let me know if you like em...crazy to even ask cuz I know you will! I seem to like those better over the Plate Mates for their size and smaller adjustments in weight you can make.

Next is legs, huh? I think you are doing Squat rack first and then Pylo...am I right? Im thinking of doing them opposite. We'll have to compare how we survive and if the placement makes a difference. I believe we both have our day off after the 2nd leg w/o which is why I placed Squat Rack second in case of severe DOMS!!

Hello ladies :)

Yesterday's w/o was my last back & bi's disc of M2 :(. I really felt the 80% 1RM that's for sure :eek:. The only time I was certain I should have went heavier, was with the drop set concentration curls...Cathe read my mind! She said "if you can go through all the reps in the last set easily, you should have went heavier with your first set @ 80%". That was me :eek:. Lesson learned for next time ;).

Today's w/o was Imax1 :eek:. Love it! I can do it on an 8inch step height, which I am doubtingly proud of :D. I could have never done that 1 year ago.

Here in Toronto, Canada, we are BIG soccer fans :D. So of course, we are watching the Euro Cup (the world cup is HUGE & CRAZY here!). I went to a sports bar today to watch the semi finals (Italy vs Germany). I'm Italian and was very pleased that we won! :D. Off to the championship game...:eek:

Justina
Welcome here! I have lots of tips for you that I have learned along the way. I will post them tomorrow morning, as I am kinda' typing this in a rush so I can get my daughter off to bed for the night!
I read your other post, and I think you made a wonderful decision to give the gift of STS to yourself (to get in the best shape of your life, I believe you wrote). I think you will honestly love it and get amazing results.
Nancy
YAY! You started M3 :eek:.
Congrats on the Pace Weights...I'm jealous ;). It seems like a dream come true for micro-loading. Perhaps in my 3rd or 4th round of STS... :D
As soon as you test out the new workouts, come back promptly and give reviews...I'll probably be waiting another 2-4 weeks :(.
Gina
Sleep? What's that? I have a toddler who has been waking up 1X/night for the past 2 years :(. Yes, get all the sleep you can. It's sooo good for you.
Whereabouts in Italy does your family originate from? To Italians, food is love and love is food. Enjoy your weekend with your family, it's a very precious time. As long as you eat small portions of everything, you can still indulge sometimes (that's my motto anyway ;)).
I could never count micro nutrients :confused:. It's hard enough for me to count calories :confused:.
I used to do Pilates in my early 20's...but then I got bored. It really does hit the butt nicely :D.

If I've missed anything, I will be back tomorrow to write responses!

Have a great w/e ladies!

Last edited:
105 degrees!!!!!!!!!!:cool: CRAZY HOT TODAY!!!!!!
Yesterday we got up to 99 and I was nearly taken out by Afterburn...with the AC on too!!! Today is my first M3 Squat Leg workout...at least my muscles will be warmed up before I start! Maybe we should all go up and visit Natasha in Canada!!!:D Aren't you all glad that we do Cathe workouts and can stay inside????:eek:
I'll try to write more personals later....just wanted to check in before I burst into flames!;)

105 degrees!!!!!!!!!!:cool: CRAZY HOT TODAY!!!!!!
Yesterday we got up to 99 and I was nearly taken out by Afterburn...with the AC on too!!! Today is my first M3 Squat Leg workout...at least my muscles will be warmed up before I start! Maybe we should all go up and visit Natasha in Canada!!!:D Aren't you all glad that we do Cathe workouts and can stay inside????:eek:
I'll try to write more personals later....just wanted to check in before I burst into flames!;)

Road trip!! Im in :)

Yes, Im happy we are inside!! It was 94 here in Ohio and very humid. My workout room is upstairs which is like a glorified attic so think massive heat. I had my house A/C on AND my huge portable room A/C and I was still sweatin buckets!!

I hope you never reached your flash point yesterday! I'd like to keep you around ;)

Keep up the water intake!!

Hello STS ladies :)

Yesterday we enjoyed a beautiful day at the beach :cool:. I was so tired upon returning home, so no workout for me.

Today will be KPC and tomorrow is my final disc from M2 (shoulder, chest, tri's) :( (see Dawn? I stretch it out too :D). I'm hoping to get the new workouts for my recovery week next week. I'm dying to try those babies out :eek:.

Nancy
Sure, you guys are all welcome to visit me in Canada...but I'm hoping it's not to get away from the sweltering heat :cool:. We hit 100F-120F often here in the summer. The humidity is what kills us, it's SO bad. Our temps resemble NYC, even with lots of smog alerts because Toronto is heavily populated.
How was Squat Legs? Are you using a weighted vest or a rack? How was the challenge? I have a feeling I won't be able to ever reach my true 80%1RM :(.

Justina
Here are a few tips for ya...;)

1) Make sure you eat some protein at every meal and snack.
2) Don't be fooled by those 5% increases! They will work you and work you good :eek:. At the same time, some discs you will be able to successfully lift that 5% and sometimes you will struggle (especially with your weak muscle groups).
3) Meso 1 does get easier...not the push-ups though :eek:
4) Watch Cathe STS tutorials on youtube. A MUST!!
5) Have confidence in yourself and this program. Don't get discouraged. Progress not perfection :).

If you have any questions about anything, fire away! All the ladies here are wonderful and super supportive :)

Have a great weekend ladies :)

Greetings and Good Health To All!
Last night was SO fulfillling: M3 Disc37 Squat Rack Legs was a mystical experience! I felt so great through the whole thing! I had to increase my weights for each exercise because I have gotten stronger since I did my 1RM. I loaded up my vest with 20# and got to work! For the squats I started out with 60#, the next set 65#, and then used 70# for the last 2 sets which felt good (this weight includes the vest!). I think that before I started STS I didn't really push myself as hard as I could. Now I know what that feels like and I don't want to waste time; go big or go home! I increased my deadlifts by 10#, front squats by 23# (!), and static lunge by 15#!!!:eek:
So, I'm set for the next 3 Squat Leg routines....
Today the event of events occured and my Crossfire & To The Max DVDs arrived! My legs feel a little fatigued from yesterday, but I just gotta try Crossfire!!!! I was supposed to do Slide n' Glide but the unknown is calling me!
Justina, welcome aboard the STS Odyssey! We are all having such a good time with Cathe's challenges; I hope you do too! Natasha has given you the best advice! This program is planned out to take you on a journey of self-fulfillment! As Cathe says, "You get what you give, so give a lot!"
Gina, so far I am handling this week okay! I'm not as incapacitated as I feared I'd be after squat legs. But, I haven't hit the 24 hour mark yet! And, I'm going to do Crossfire as soon as I sign off here! May the Glut Gods look favorably upon me!
Dawn, I've never gone on a road trip before...are you going up to the one in July? How are you liking M2? Isn't the variety fun?
Natasha, I think you're going to love M3 squat rack legs! The vest makes it much easier to go heavier and you'll be surprised at how much strength you're gaining along the way with M1 & M2. The only move that was tough for me was the front squat becasue the little wieght packs on the front of the vest got in the way of the bar. I'll have to work that out before next week!
Well ladies, I am going to bite the bullet and beat the 103 degree heat here in the ol' south with a rousing round of CrossFIRE!!!!!:p
Hope everyone has a great Saturday!!!!
PS Did we lose Pam?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.