STS Check in Disc 8

Way to go everyone!!!

I did disc 8 yesterday evening, another amazing workout. I am getting stronger.
yeah5.gif
I was able to complete the Side Lying One Arm pushups.
yeah5.gif
yeah5.gif
During the first work out, I thought that was a crazy exercise and didn't think I would ever be able to do it. Yay!!!

Tomorrow is legs!!

Disk 8 Done

Yippie! Just finished disk 8 and I am feeling terrific. I too was able to do the side lying push ups this time around. Getting stronger and stronger. I am thinking positive thoughts in advance about this Friday's leg work since last week left me feeling not so good. I am new to posting on the forums, and love to read everyone's progress on STS. It's funny and inspiring to read that everyone is feeling exactly the same as I am, good days and bad.

Today's workout:

CCV 3= 45 min.
Distance= 3.17 miles
Calories Burned= 522
BPM= beginning was 126 so about five minutes
BPM= After warmup seemed to want to stay right around 145 for the majority of the time=35 min approx= 80% of my Max HR. level three moving towards level 4 but not quite there yet.
BPM= 153 for 3 min at level 4 which is 85% of my Max HR. Then at the end level three challenge steady state it did lower to 144 BPM which it stayed at for five minutes as I pushed myself to hit and go beyone the three mile marker, then I reduced to level 2, 1 to cool down. I felt awesome!!!

Rest
STS- Disc 8 Meso 1, Wk 3= 56 min
Calories burned= 459
Wow! these STS workouts always seem to go by so fast! I love that! I'm definitely feeling comfortable at lifting 65% of my 1 RM. I'd never have though I could do that before starting STS. There is definitely an improvement in my strength and getting better at plate work. Its still a work in progress but I feel like I'm definitely headed toward progress so far. Its very challenging and encouraging. The close grip bench presses with dumbells did seem to sneak up on me the last two reps. Man, those were felt like the toughest of the reps. I don't have a pullup bar so I did use Cathe's tubing with the door attachment- the red one. I can feel these working the lats and other upper back muscles. I think this is a good way for me to take baby steps towards actually doing pullups/chinups until then.

STS- Ab Circuits- Weights & Plates Abs= 19 min.
Calories burned= 117
I feel like I'm doing better with the plates part which is really exciting. When you go from planks then to bringing your legs up under your torso, then out again, and to bend knees in is tough. My wrists are feeling it a little less than the previous times I've done this. It seems my wrists definitely are getting a workout. The weights part is challenging not easier than the plates part. Oh, the other plates section that was super tough for me was the diagonal ones where you move both legs to the same side diagonally, then do the other side. I can't seem to do very many of these. Well, there's room for improvement for me on these.

I'm loving STS and I hope everyone else that has it does feel that way too!
have a great evening and seeya all Friday. Remember, be good, and if you can't be good don't get caught! Just kidding.:D

Ps. Bravo Cathe on STS, thank you for creating it and bringing it to us!:)

Hugs!

Nora

I did Disc 8 a couple of hours ago and I feel great, with pleasantly tired back and triceps. Actually, I did the chin-ups and pull-ups at the gym this morning before my Spinning class, using the Gravitron, since I haven't found an option I like at home. That toasted me pretty nicely and it was nice to be able to skip those exercises when they came up in the workout (yeah, I gave myself an extra rest period for those). :)

My favourite part of Disc 8 was the cross body kickback drop sets. I felt so strong!

Stebby

I felt better today when doing the triceps and back. Last week I hit a wall - don't know why. When we do our first round of chinups, I have my SO assist me. I barely get 6 pullups. Today he wasn't home so I tried doing them on my own. I was able to pull myself up once completely and then I got half way up a couple more times. I'm hoping by the end of this rotation I can do a lot more. I do the rest like Cathe does with the legs straight out when she uses the tower. I can only do 10 or 11 reps.

Last week I completely skipped the side lying one arm pushups. Just couldn't do them. Today I was able to do all 16. I was pumped!!!

Yep, I'm getting stronger or at least I feel like I am :D.

Fun workout today! Question for those using the tubing instead of a chin up bar etc.. Is is better to try to do as many reps as possible or do you get more out of taking them slow and holding them at each rep. Also those weight and plate abs...Yikes...especially the plate segment. Those are tough! Happy Thursday everyone.

Hi Frances,

I'm using tubing, and I find I get more out of it if I go slow and hold each move. I know to me it doesn't feel like enough, when I only get to 15 - 18, but I still think I'm working harder than just doing a bunch at a faster pace.

ok Cathe, now I'm starting to see some results!!!!!!! my triceps are really improved, and this is a very big satisfaction for me. I hope that also my push ups will improve too, for this I'm on the way. This program like me more everytime!!!!!
Baci

Really enjoyed disc 8....the time flew by. Loved the addition of the drop sets in this workout as well. Definite form improvement on the side-lying push-ups. Back and triceps felt warm all over.
Happy to say today is my day off from the gym...going to do a nice long stretch tonight. Already did disc 9 on Tuesday, so looking forward to posting that update tomorrow, but proud that week 3 is done and done well! :)
Have a great day everyone!

We get to "Spring Ahead" this coming weekend, which means that our 5:00 wake-up time will feel like 4:00 instead! This will be the true test of DH's determination to stick with STS.

:eek::eek::eek:OMG Kathryn....should I start your pot of coffee now????

Cathe, never mind the pot; just put it in an IV bag and we'll start the drip now!

Hello everyone!

Well this is my first entry for STS and I have to say that I see muscle and feel like im getting stronger. I also noticed that I NEED to sleep more also! Its amazing but I can see my body change, especially on my upper body. Doing these workouts with Cathe feels like I have a personal trainer. I dont know if I could have ever done it without her. These workouts are hard and Im amazed on how much Cathe can do. It works perfect for me because I do my workouts in the evening when everyone has turned in for the day!

Thank you Iris! I will try that technique with the next round with the tubes.

Hi Frances,

I'm using tubing, and I find I get more out of it if I go slow and hold each move. I know to me it doesn't feel like enough, when I only get to 15 - 18, but I still think I'm working harder than just doing a bunch at a faster pace.

Got back from Play it Again Sports with more plates for my barbell :) and more bands so that I could try different strengths. Fun! And then I found out that my fitness ball has started deflating at home...rats!

I enjoyed this workout too. And I love the Side Lying One Arm pushups. For some reason, they don't seem too tough for me; just a nice burn!

Thanks Cathe!

Well, this was a surprise. I did Disk 8 tonight: Back and Triceps (or Bikes and Trikes, as I call it). And you know? It seemed easy. I lifted heavy, except for kickbacks. I deliberately went light on those, trying to really feel the muscle work. For back, I really focused on feeling the back muscles contract hard, and it may have helped. Either that, or STS is actually doing its job!

Oh yeah, its done! Gosh, the third week is almost gone now.. time flies.
It was an easy workout, I lifted as heavy as my workout card said and still it felt good. I only grunted on the heavy barbell row set the second time around. The drop sets were hard but doable. I was also able, for the first time, to finish the one side lying pushups to the end - that felt good! Am I improving? :)
After the workout I did 37 min of the step portion only of Body Max 2 and it left me a bit tired, but that was definitely the cardio, not the weights!
God... I so wish all this would help my fat melt.... so far it isnt going anywhere.... sob sob...
But I'll do it anyway! I ordered six more sets of dumbbells: 7, 14, 17.5, 22.5, 27.5 and 32.5 - it will make things much easier for me. Cant wait to get them! And I am also contemplating the squat rack....... Its still on my wish list only for now. We'll see what devil will get in my head. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.