STS Body Rockers - November 2012

Wiggie:: Slim Series is a Beach Body progam. It's the "sequel" to Slim in Six, if you have ever heard of that one. I had Slim in Six a long time ago but outgrew it so I got rid of it. Then when Slim Series came out I decided to buy it. It's endurance training for sure. 60+ min work outs of high reps. 4 work outs are full body, one is lower only and one is a stretch. I like them but many people don't. The music is lame but what's even worse is the fact that the instructor can't keep time with it so it's VERY annoying. TG for the music off option!;) If good music is important to you then I suggest that you stay far away from this series! LOL A lot of people think this series is boring as well. I agree that it's not the most exciting but I do find it effective. I did it after doing a round of P90X and it really defined the muscles that the X gave me. I've been a fan ever since. :)

BBIAB to write back to Katie!:)

Good morning!! ;)

Tuesday's workout was Spinervals for about an hour, it is 5 hours long & similates a 100 mile ride.

Thanks Wendy for the review of Slim Series. I ordered SS Express, it was only 29.95. It claims to have better music, we shall see. :p How was your first day a work? Tell me all about it. I really hope it went well. I always workout in the evenings, I just don't feel like jumping around when I first wake up. :eek: I tried an am workout a few times, just wasn't feeling it.

Katie, I've never done that premix before, I'll have to try it. In fact, until I hooked up with you ladies I never did premixes, I always did workouts as is. You guys are so good for me!! You inspire me without even trying!!

Hi Kris!!

Have a great day!!

Good morning girls.

Last nights workout was CRF triple tabata premix and 40mins of kundalini bliss hips. Not sure whats on tap for tonight.

I only work til 1115 today bc I hv a prior commitment and then I hv to pick ds up from school. Tmrw will be my first full day.

Based on how much free time I had yday, I brought my notes to study for my pt test. Ofcourse now that I did that they will give me something else to do. :p

Wiggie:: let me know how u like ss express.

K gotta go for now but I shld be back!:)

Good Morning. :)

Last night's work out was SS Mix It Up. Tonight I hope for cardio and yoga.

I am at my job for my first FULL day today (8-4). I hope I can handle it. Not used to it anymore!:p

Not much else going on. Will come back later after others have stopped by...:cool:

Good morning!!

Wednesday's workout was Shed & Shred by JM, it's 45 minutes long & is her usual metabolic training type dvd.

Wendy, good luck with your first real day of work!! I looked at SS on youtube & liked what I saw!!

Have a great day Everyone!!

Hello!

Sorry I forgot to check in yesterday. I did get my workout done though. :) Yesterday I did Intensity: Step Only Premix + abs. Today's workout was Slow and Heavy: Legs and Shoulders. I wasn't a huge fan of the leg segment. I mean, it was okay. Just not my favorite.

I'm trying to decide when i'm going to start my next STS rotation. Is anyone else interested in giving STS another go?

Wendy: Kick butt today!! Are you enjoying the job so far? Yay for extra study time!! :eek: How are you feeling about the material? Starting to wrap your head around it all? I'm impressed with your workouts. Despite the new job you've been getting in some good ones. You go girl! :) How is the clean up going in your area? Are you back home yet?

Wiggie: Great job with Spinervals and JM's S&S. I did her S&S workout a few months ago and surprisingly enjoyed the workout!! JM is hit and miss for me, but S&S was a keeper. :) Yay for premixes!! Until recently, I've never been a *huge* premix fan, but as i'm most crunched for time I find the premixes to be the way to go (hence yesterday's workout, lol).

Hi Kris! I hope you're having a great week so far!

Hello Again. :)

It's quiet here so I'm checking in again.

Wiggie, How do you like Shed n Shred? Isn't that JM's kettlebell work out? TY re my first full day at work. I had some work to do this morning and I brought my book and notes for my PT test with me again so I'm reading as much as I can to pass the time when they don't need me to do anything else. I took a "practice" written exam last night and scored an 83 on it. A 70 is needed to pass. I think I will be fine. It's the practical that scares me!:eek:

Katie, The clean up in my town is slow but steady. Not back home yet and really don't know when we will be yet. :( Good job with Intensity. That work out seems to be getting mentioned a lot lately so I'm going to have to dust it off at some point. Only problem is that a good portion of it requires the step which I really don't feel like dragging to the house I'm staying in right now. :rolleyes: Which brings me to another point...you might actually be able to convince me to give STS a shot again but I can't even consider it until I'm back home. Too much equipment is needed for it to be done outside of my home. That being said, forge ahead with STS whenever you see fit and if I am able at any point, I will try n jump in!

OMG I am starving! Lunch time can't get here fast enough!:eek: I usually eat something small early and then have a bigger breakfast a bit later. Well I threw some pb on a rice cake to eat in the car this morning and left it at the house so I only had one breakfast today instead of two. :rolleyes: It's no wonder I'm hungry!:p

Ok, guess that's all for now!:cool:

Last edited:
Well, I take back my sassy comment re: not loving S&H legs. My thighs are sooooo sore this morning. Crazy intense DOMS. :D

Today's my rest day so no workout for me. I'm on my phone at the moment, so I'll BBL for personals!

Happy Friday!:)

After a painfully long first wrestling practice for DS last night, I FINALLY got around to working out at 9pm!!:eek: I figured that if I was even going to bother at that point that I need to make it a good one so I chose to do Afterburn!:eek::eek: I didn't have time for yoga :( but hope to do some tonight instead....

Well, it's down to the wire now...tmrw is my PT exam!:eek: I take the written test at 10:20 and the practical around noon. WISH ME LUCK!!!!

Guess that's all for now but I'll be back!:cool:

Hello.

Last night's work out was the cardio from Slide n Glide and about 20 mins of one of my Kundalini dvds. Today will probably just be a yoga of choice done in full to de-stress and stretch out....

I was done with the PT exam by like 12:30 I guess. Now all I have left to do is wait to see if I passed! :confused: I am pretty confident in the written portion (100 multiple choice questions with a passing score being atleast 70%). The practical is tougher to guesstimate...it's broken down into the following segments and each segment is graded independently so you can fail (70% to pass for each part) any one of the segments and have to retake it.

1) assessments
2) stretches
3) warm up
4) upper body exercises
5) lower body exercises

I was nervous as anything and was forgetting things I should know easily! They give you time to think about it though and even correct mistakes if you need to. I have no idea how they determine the grade for each part though. Toughest part is that you can't just do any stretch or any upper or lower body exercise you happen to know. You have to keep it to a specific list that are deemed safe for all populations. This messed me up b/c I kept coming up with the stretches I have done frequently over the past 10 years. Not neccessarily what I was taught in the last 5 weeks! :rolleyes: I think in the end I did okay though...Okay, I HOPE!!! I went first as the trainer and I felt better when it was my turn to be the client and clearly saw my partner doing far worse then I did!:eek: Is that awful?? :confused::eek:

BBL!:cool:

Morning girlies!!

Quiet weekend around here. :p;) I had a busy but fun weekend. Saturday I went to a University of Kentucky football game (it was cold cold cold). Sunday I baked/decorated a dinosaur cake for my nephew's 6th birthday, and then of course attended his birthday party. Between cake decorating, cleaning, laundry, and the birthday party I was plum exhausted last night! :eek::D

Anyway, here's my weekend workout round-up:

Saturday: HiiT 30/30
Sunday: Slow & Heavy: Biceps and Triceps
Monday: To The Max

I decided NOT to alternate S&H with GS. Instead, i'm just going to do three weeks of S&H (this is currently week two) and then move on to something else. So far i'm really enjoyin gthe S&G workouts. It's such a nice change of pace (literally, lol).

Wendy: High five on a job well done!! Very proud of your girl! When will you know the results of your PT test? Waiting for test results is so stinking frustrating. I had to wait 3 months to find out if I passed the Kentucky bar exam (to get my law license). Torture!! :p;) Wow, working out at 9:00 pm on a Friday night. Now THAT's dedication my friend. How did DS enjoy his first wrestling practice?

Hi Wiggie! Hi Kris! Hope you gals had a fantastic weekend!

Good morning All!!

My workouts were as follows:

Thursday: Gameday/Athletic Assesment

Friday: Cardio Core(SS) & Burn Intervals(CLX)

Saturday: Fire 30

Sunday:Burn III & Fire 60

Wendy:practical exams make me very nervous also. I had to do one to get my basic EMT certification, & I thought I would faint!! :p I didn't, & I passed & so will you. Great workouts!! WTG with all you have on your plate right now. I like S&S, she doesn't use a kettlebell, only body weight & optional dumbells. We are going out of town for the holiday & I'm going to take it with me since it uses minimal equipment. I'm also going to take SS Express

Katie: You've been getting in a good mix of workouts, you have alot of dvds that I don't have. I would like to do STS with you, but I would like to wait until Wendy gets back in her house, I'm hoping that will be soon.

Hi Kris!!

Have a great day Everyone!!

Hello!

I'm continuing with my S&H series - today's workout was S&H: Chest, Back, and Plank work. That chest segment is TOUGH! I find it to be much harder than the back segment. I think next week I might skip a few sets for chest and add in a bit more back work, just to change things up! :)

Wiggie: Nice workouts this past weekend. Burning up the kickboxing workouts I see. ;) I love kickboxing. In fact, I think i'm going to do a kickboxing workout tomorrow, in your honor. :p;) I agree, i'd rather wait for Wendy to start another STS rotation. It would be fun for all of us to do a STS rotation together. Good call!

Wendy: Excellent workout girlie!! Keep up the great work!

Hi Kris!

Hola Chicas. :)

I thought I would be reeling in pain from last night's work out but I'm not. I am sore but it's nothing like I thought it would be. Not sure if I'm happy about that or not! :p

Tonight's work out is up in the air...cardio and/or yoga...probably late because I have to take DS to wrestling practice for 6pm so I won't get home until 7:30 or so....

Katie:: I had S&H for a while and only used it once. Any other time I took it out was only for the ab work so I finally recently sold it. The reps counts were T O O S L O W F O R M E...I G O T R E A L L Y B O R E D R E A L L Y FAST F R O M T H E A G O N I Z I N G L Y S L O W P A C E ! ! ! :(:p Glad you are enjoying it though! I can't do any heavy lifting right now b/c I am not about to lug all kinds of heavy weights over to where I am staying. That being said, endurance work outs are my best friend these days! LOL It will take up to 4 weeks to get the results back on my PT test. In the meantime I am going to get my CPR certification so that I can get my certificate in hand and start my Internship search once I get my *hopefully* passing grades sent to me! :rolleyes: DS has been to 2 wrestling practices so far and loves it! He goes to his third one tonight! Sounds like you had a fun weekend! I saw the football pics on FB! Looks like it was fun even though I despise football! :p

Wiggie:: Ok, I guess I'm confused re JM. Which one is her bell work out then? Do you know??? :confused: How did you like the Asylum work out you did? Is that the original or #2?

Ok, I guess that's all for now...BBL!:cool:

Hello!!

Monday's workout was Cardio Sculpt from SS Express & Cardio #2 from JM Body Rev. Tuesday's workout was Fire 30, HC & 30 minutes of Intensity. not back to back.

Wendy: Seems like you have a good game plan re your certifications. I don't know which JM w/o uses a kettlebell. Re Asylum, I have the first one. I enjoy the workouts, Gameday is really fun. I will probably get the second one.(someday) So glad your DS is loving wrestling, I wish my nephews would get interested in a sport.

Katie: I don't love football but I love going to games!! That's why I volunteer to work games, most of the time I don't "work" at all. What's up with all the fancy cakes? You sound like a pastry chef!!:D So nice of you to dedicate a workout to me, I feel honored!!

I worked Monday & am off the rest of the week, Happy Thanksgiving!!

Happy Pre-Thanksgiving!!

If I don't make it on here tomorrow, I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with love, joy, and lots of yummy food!! Is anyone hitting the stores on Black Friday? I usually avoid it like the plague, but of course the Xbox bundle I want to get my DH for Christmas is half price at Best Buy. So i'm going to be one of those crazy people standing in line at 10:00 pm tomorrow night (doors open at Midnight, thank goodness). Wish me luck!! If you don't hear back from me by Saturday, send a search party. ;)

As a side note, today's workout was Tracey Long's Cardio Kickbox Challenge. That workout doesn't make me gasp for air but I always work up a great sweat. It's an excellent steady state cardio. :)

Wendy: 4 weeks?!?!? Boo on that!! Fingers crossed you find out sooner. Hehe - I get upset when i'm not sore sometimes too. ;):p If I do a workout for the first time and don't get DOMS i'm always upset. :rolleyes::eek: Great to hear your DS is enjoying wrestling! I hear ya on the sloooooow rep count on S&H. That's why I only do the workout once per year and only for 3 weeks. It's all I can take!! Actually, i've been playing with the reps a bit. For example, during the bicep curl section I did the first and third sets "as is" but during the second set I emphasized the negative (as opposed to the positive). Just changing it up a bit helped with the tedium of the workout. Ya know me, can't seem to leave well enough alone. :D:p

Wiggie: Yay another (sorta) football fan. ;) I'm a football fanatic (can you tell? LOL). Being from Kentucky, you'd think I was a basketball fanatic. I do LOVE my Kentucky Wildcats, but my heart has always been on the football field as opposed to the basketball court. My goal this year is to attend an NFL football game. LOL @ your comment re: being a pastry chef. I wish!! Lately i've taken a liking to making birthday cakes for my nephews. It's always extremely stressful, but very rewarding in the end. When my 6 year old nephew saw the cake on Saturday his eyes got big and he just said "WOW". Made my day. :)

Good Afternoon Ladies. :)

Last night's work out ended up being an hour of Kundalini Yoga which included some light low impact cardio. I was tired and sore so I consider myself lucky to have done anything at all! :rolleyes:

So I now have both my bathroom scale and food scale in my possession where I am staying so I have no excuses to eat like cr@p anymore! I hopped on the scale with one eye half open this morning. I gained weight but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought! Only a couple of pounds! IDK how I will get it off during the holidays but I'm going to try!!!!

Wiggie:: I want to get Asylum soon. Maybe I'll just ask for it for Christmas at this point. ;) So you like the SS Express work outs? I actually had that set at one time too but find the original Slim Series set to be much more challenging.

Katie:: I once waited in a pre-order line at Christmas time to get my DH the playstation 2 when it was first released. I don't even think we were married yet! I have never "camped out" for a gift though and don't think I ever will! :eek: I give you credit for being willing and your DH is a lucky man!!!!:) Isn't Cardio Kickbox Challenge a Tracey Stehle work out?? Which one of us is confused here? :confused:;):p

Wendy - hahaha! You're right. Cardio Kickbox Challenge IS a Tracy Staehle workout, not Tracy Long.I don't even own a Tracy Long workout, lol. I'm such a goober sometimes. I even wrote that post post-coffee so I can't even use coffee deprivation as an excuse. :D;)

Good Morning. :)

Last night I started out with Circuit Max thinking I would do all of the weights and a little of the cardio. Well I got through the warm up and then realized that I couldn't navigate that dvd the way I needed to in order to get to what I wanted. Not sure if it's in the chaptering of the dvd or if playing it on my pc was the problem. So I took CM out and ended up doing the upper body and waist premix from Squeeze Stronger and by then I was outta time. So much for cardio! :rolleyes: Rest day is planned for today but TMRW cardio is my plan for sure!!!!!

Katie:: LOL, that's too funny. No worries. I do silly stuff like that all the time!:p

Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone! BBITAM!:cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.