~~~>STS 6 Month Alumni-Aug.29<~~~

Rachel, you had me laughing too about the hay candy....LOL! Can't say that I've tasted too many candies from other countries... my candy of choice is definitely a good quality chocolate, I don't really need anything else than that....;)

I agree with you, Rachel, I used to spend all day in town when I was a teenager too, and now I just like to get in and out and after two hours I definitely feel done...Yep, we're getting old....LOL! No offence!

I did another uphill walk today even though I really did not feel like it! But I got good news at the chiro, hardly any adjusting necessary and she said if I keep feeling well, I can start stepping as long as I modify the jumps! I am so tempted to pull out LIC on Friday! I just might have to! She also gave me a progesterone cream to see if it will help with my monthly 2week bouts of headaces... Keep your fingers crossed! Since it is pretty cyclical, she thinks it might be this.

Ds' old classmates all had a end of summer party at the pool today and so we went to hang out there all afternoon, that's why my post is late. They had a great time!

Jo, I can imagine how challenging it is to work in homework and such into your already active life, but I know you'll get the hang of it. I'm glad spinning was great again. How's your shoulder/arm?

Kim, yay on the bathtubs! What color are they? Did you get a say in what color you like? I haven't seen any september rotation either, which didn't surprise me when I read how long their fillming days are....

Good Thursday morning!
This week is just flying by!
Today it was GS back shoulders and bis and LIC abs. I am really liking that rest day mid week! I feel like the day after that (today) I get the best workout.

Not too much to report today. I have some cleaning to do and then I need to start organizing everything I took off the walls and start figuring out how I want to put it back up. I was to do some "stealing" off the internet for ideas to hang all of these frames that are not the same sizes.

Cendrine-Absolutely no offense taken! LOL I definitely am feeling a little older these days:rolleyes: I am with both you and Jo...I will stick with chocolate!
That is the best news from the chiro! I know it has got to feel great to finally get the green light to start stepping. Just to get back to some sense of normalcy in your workouts is going to be great. Not to mention getting off the TM some!

Jo- I figured things were going to get a lot more hectic for you when these classes got started. Just think about the exercise your brain is getting though!:p LOL It still sounds super interesting to me!
Don't worry if you can't get back to post that often this week. You will get it figured out and then you will be back to normal!

Kim-They should be getting to walls on the inside soon! Hope the weather is cooperating!

Better go..shower time!

YEAH Cendrine! You are back in business on the stepping! Oh I hope the progertone works for you! I used to have homone migraines too but that didn't work for me (menopause helped that though :D).

Rachel, are you loving GS? Did Cathe ever post September? I forgot to go look. It pays to take that rest day doesn't it? You are recharged, refueled and refreshed!

Hidy ho Kim!

Tonight is Resort night! We haven't done the full night in a while because of vacations, work, etc. But I think tonight we're all going! Yippee!

Thanks for being understanding about posting. Yeah, I want to at least poke in everyday but I may miss here and there. I'm worried now if I can keep my workouts up! Well, after I get through this week, I can work out a good schedule as I know how long everything is taking me. Then next session I'll only have one class again. These classes aren't overly complicated, just time consuming...and I want to get an A!

Hi Guys,

I did 4ds bis, tris and legs with abs. Worked me good.

Rachel, good luck with the picture hanging! Different sized frames look so fun in a clustered kind of arrangement. I have several groups of those all over my house with kid pics in them. Thinking of which, it's about time I put some new ones in....LOL

Jo, I would want an A too, we are so much alike! I'm confident you will figure out a schedule that will work for you and still work out! Sorry the cream did not work for you! I'd hate to have to wait till menaupause hits....to get relief....:eek:

The sept rotation is up. Looks like a good one for you high impact gals....LOL!

So dd's curriculum said to set up a pretend beach today and play vacation... I usually don't like to bother with stuff like this, but dd is so much more into pretend stuff than ds ever was I couldn't skip it. Ds actually got into it too. He dragged down some big blue sheets for the ocean and our big fan for wind, which he was hoping was going to help him fly his kite indoors....:rolleyes: We tried, but it didn't work, maybe with a tiny kite it might work, but if he wants to try that, he's going to have to make his own....;) Dd kept running over to the sheets on her belly and pretended to swim and splash and she used the little umbrella toothpicks we used for our tortilla rollup lunch to take shade and cover from the occasional shower. When she asked me how I liked my beach vacation I told her the sun wasn't hot enough for me, so she said she was going to turn it up for me....:) She really gets into it! Then the kids got their beach balls and pointed the fan vertically up to the ceiling so the balls would be suspended in midair which they thought was super fun, and they kept knocking each others off so they could put their own on.... I guess ds is playing pretend catch up thanks to dd inspiring him. I'm glad I did it, they had a blast! So, what fun thing did you do today.... (someone on a homeschool forum posted a thread: the real reason I'm homeschooling: I hate packing lunches! :D Well, I bet none of the public school moms had a beach day on their first day back to school) it is ps first day of school today.:p

Hi Kim, how is your day going?

Good morning!

Quick checkin for me this morning. It was GS legs and Ouch! LOL

We are going to a huge flea market today in Canton TX. I think it is supposed to be the biggest one or at least that is what they say:rolleyes: I am excited to just get out of this house for a while and not look around at all the things that still need done!

Cendrine-That is so creative. It sounds like dd and ds had a great time with it too. This one is one I bet you are glad you didn't skip.

Jo-I got a peak at the Sept. rotation and it looks like a toughy. A lot of lower body work which is where I am pretty weak these day so I think this will be a good one for me...even though I will probably be moaning and groaning some:rolleyes:
I know you will get an A ! You work so hard at it.

OK better go. BBL to tell all about it!

Sorry I was MIA for a couple of days. I am really craving some sort of routine here, next week school starts and I will get organized! Last night DH's dad was in for out of province and there was a big family dinner for that side of the family. We don't see that side of the family very often as DH's parents divorced when he was young and his dad moved a long ways away. So he visits once a year and we usually see everyone including aunts/uncles/grandma(who is 94) at that time.

Looks like they might start shingling the roof of our new home today.:D

Rachael What do you think of the September rotation?? I think it looks good. I just did the Body blast workouts and now I'm going to repeat them in week one but they are fun workouts so that's okay. I'm going to start with SJP today. I should get the first week done except for Sunday I won't be home so will skip a workout that day.
Did you get your pictures hung up?? I always spend so much time agonizing over things like that, it's hard to get them perfect.

Jo How was resort night??? Your schedule is definitely going to be changing with doing homework now. Never stress if you don't have time everyday to pop in to see us, we know that you're busy.

Cendrine Congrats on the great news from the chiro!!!! We got basic white tub surrounds that is what you get unless you pay for upgrades. What a super fun beach day you had!! How creative you and the kids are! I'm sure days like that are what make homeschooling so worth it!

Speaking of school, I guess some kids really didn't want to go back to school next week. There was a fire in the kids "old" school just a block away from here. Three classrooms were lost due to arson:( How terrible for the school. It's a huge school(1500 kids) so they will be able to start next week as planned.

So we have decided to have the kids start in the "new" school close to the new house. I had registered them there because initially we were supposed to get the house in September:confused: :rolleyes: I'm still hoping we'll get the house before Christmas and I don't want them to switch schools mid year. So that means I have to drive the kids every day!! So my routine is really going to change. I work parttime and the hospital is fairly flexible. So instead of working long days (7:30-4 and having Fridays and some Thursdays off) I'm going to work 5 days a week but very short days(9:15-3).

My plan is to continue to get up at 6 am and do my workout then:D:confused: (any advice on this Rachael) then wake up kids at 7:30, leave by 8:15 and drop them off for the start of school at 8:50 on the other side of the city. Then go to work for 9:30. I'm not really looking forward to all the driving and no Fridays off so hopefully we move soon.

This is my last Friday off for now so lots of errands to do, haircuts for kids, some school supply shopping, etc.

Wow, Kim, sounds like you are going to be needing to get used to a new schedule too! I hope you figure out soon just what works so you can get into a comfortable routine! It's nice that you can work more flexibly at the hospital, but I am sorry for you to be loosing your fridays off! It's probably a good call to send the kids to the new school so they don't have to change mid year, that would be hard. How terrible that the old school was set on fire! Yikes! I hope they catch the arsonists!

As far as the getting up early for workouts.... start training yourself now by going to bed at 15 minute increments earlier each night and the same increment earlier for get up in the morning every day. And then just stick with it and tell yourself, that you will get used to it...LOL;)

I am actually getting up at 6 this year as well. Used to be 4:45 last year, but I simply did not want to do it anymore....:eek: Six feels quite early enough for now...LOL Besides, with summer light, you can't go to sleep that early anyway (at least I can't)

Rachel, have fun today and tell us of any good finds you got!

Hi Jo, trusting all is well but busy for you!

Guess what I did for workout today? I did LIC cardio timesaver! Yay! It was so fun and it worked me good! I was very conscious about not using any momentum and no jumps, not even little ones, even the shuffles I was careful about and ended up using a lot more abs and leg muscles because of it. I loved it and I am feeling well so far! Whoo hooo!:cool:

Yippee on the LIC premix Cendrine! What fun!

I'm glad that you don't have to get up at 4:45 anymore, that is early! I've always got up at 6 am to leave for work by 7am but I'm afraid now that I work later I'll start to sleep in. I think that since I;, starting work later that time would be perfect for my workout time but I wonder if I'll think the same thing when the alarm goes off.

We went out for dinner with friends last night, lots of fun! Spent lots of money of back to school stuff during the day:confused::confused:. I was going to do Leaner Legs this morning before heading to my mom's cottage but I still have tons I want to do so might have to wait until Monday. Need to put up the camper, and clean it out so it can go into storage. Also need to prepare some veggies to take to the cottage as I'm going to make soup out there and it's easier here with a full kitchen. I'm still pulling lots of veggies out of the garden (tomatoes, carrots, beets, onions, cucumbers) I spent a couple of hours weeding and cleaning the garden out yesterday.

Have a great weekend everyone! Is it a holiday down there? We all get a holiday Monday so will come back sometime then.

Hi Guys! Well, week 1 done! I turned in both my assigments and did both tests for both classes! So, now it starts again! I'm sure week 1 was the easy week too! :eek: Yep, this is going to be a challenge but I think I've got my routine figured out.

You guys are all such early girls! I'm lucky to get up at 7:00. I usually shoot for 7:30 and if it's gym night, it might even be 8:00! DH is up at 5:15 though...he doesn't want to miss the day.

Cendrine, I loved reading about beach day! That sounds like so much fun and how great the kids got so into it! YAY on your workout! I'm so happy for you on the phenomenal progress you've made!

Rachel, what's cooking at the flea market? Did you get anything fun?

Kim, when I was in the 4th grade we moved to a new house and like you, our house was supposed to be done before school. We ended up moving in late November and my mom had to drive my brother and me to school every day for 3 months. But, my mom wasn't working! It's good you are able to adjust your schedule. Have a fun weekend! Yes, we have 3 days too!

Resort night was good. I was surprised how many people were in class since it was a really nice day. Usually when it's nice here (it was 80) there's only about 6 people but there were 16. Today I did the first 4 intervals of Low Max. I want to do a rotation but I don't know if I can stick to it. I think I'm going to have to stick to shorter workouts while I'm doing these classes.

Okay, got to go, DH is making the Costco call to me! :D

Hi Girls,

we were gone all day, so that's why I'm posting so late. We weren't going to go anywhere due to it being memorial weekend and everybody being on the street ( we hate crowds on the road and at the destination....) So we were just going to kick back at home. But then I was telling my Chiro and her husband (they both work in the same office) that we were planning on going apple picking this month. Usually we go to the San Bernardino Mountains, since it's closest to us, but they recommended the mountain town Julian near San Diego. So I got on the web and googled the town to see when the farms were opening for picking. Well I found an organic pear farm, so got intrigued and emailed them about opening times. They emailed back, saying they'd had a bad year and were only going to be opened this weekend.... So I asked dh if he was up for it and the was and so we hit the road. No bad traffic all the way there! and we were the only ones at the time picking pears, all the other people were at the grape stomping fest down the street, getting drunk....:rolleyes: We also got some homemade chevre and feta from the same farm, then hit the town for a yummy lunch, stopped at a pie shop for dessert and headed on home. It was about 2 hrs each way, so it was a long day, but way fun and it sure felt good to support an organic farmer. They said on good years they sell their pears to Whole Foods.
It got really hot up there, the hottest spot was 104°F, then the closer we got to the ocean, the cooler it got all the way down to 72°F then up again to 93° by the time we got home....:rolleyes:

Since we were gone all day, I made today my rest day and am going to work out tomorrow. It will be my birthday, so we are going to go out to eat, two days in a row!:eek: A fun little restaurant called rutabagorz, sort of on the alternative healthy side, we like it.

Kim, I am amazed at the harvest you are still getting from your garden! All we have left is some tomatoes and some peppers.... I guess it was our first year and we started late... maybe it will be better next year...Have fun this weekend.

Jo, it's good to hear you got your tests and homework done! And I'm glad you figured out a schedule! I want to try the low max sometime this week, I'm a little sore in my glutes from the LIC blasts from yesterday....;)

Rachel, hi, you must be having a busy weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.