--->(<:STS 6 month alumni April Showers bring May flowers(<: <---

Hi,

Step Blast done, as scheduled! I really enjoy this one!

Jo, what is that show with the fishermen? I haven't heard anything about it. what is it about? Is it reality or a regular story show?

I'm a little scared, STS legs disk 20 is on the schedule for tomorrow.... We'll see how it goes!

Hi Rachel and Kim!

Yeah Cendrine on Step Blast!!! The show is Deadliest Catch and though it is reality TV, it's more on the documentary side versus a reality show (in my opinion). There's no game play or anything like that. It follows 5 Alaskan King fishing vessels in the Beiring Sea in Alaska. I think part of why it's so interesting is because it is so dangerous and these guys are very rough and tough (that's probably putting it mildly). But it does get into the drama of their lives a little as well as the unbelievable conditions at sea, etc. It's fascinating!

Hey guys!
Just a quick in and out to say good evenin'
We are really going now on our job. They have just shaved 6 weeks off the end of it! So we have 4 weeks to be done. I think we are going to make it but it will be tough. I am not sure about the March rotation though. I am going to have to have some pretty short workouts if we are going to keep leaving the house at 6am. I will have to see what I can do!

TTYT

Rachel

On my way to bed...I'm so excited to do Disc 33 tomorrow (so I better get my rest!). I love doing shoulders, triceps and biceps!

Rachel, with the pace you're going to have to keep, I'm sure you'll easily makeup for having shorter workouts! Don't stress about it...just do what you have to do!

Oh, I just realized tomorrow is Thursday not Friday. Dang! I was looking forward to the weekend! And I have hair appt Friday afternoon. Okay off to bed!

Good morning GALS!

It is amazing to me that the less time I have the more efficient I get...Does that happen to yall? It is so weird. My house seems to be more in order. It takes me less time to put together lunch in the morning and I feel more energized. I guess I should get back to yall in a couple of weeks...or maybe a week ,lol, and see how I feel then!

This morning I did as much of the low impact premix from Kickmax. I am not wearing my polar this week since it is recovery week so I have no idea how much I actually did but I did get to the leg conditioning drills.

I will definitely have to improvise if we stay on this time schedule. If we do I might put off the March rotation. It just looks too fun to change up.

I better go!

Hope you all have a great DAY!!!!

Rachel

Disc 33 DONE! Great workout this morning! Tonight is Spinning & Yoga.

Rachel, I know what you mean - I get more efficient and organized the more I have on my plate! You have to get very organized and stream-lined! Well if you do put off March, it will be there waiting for you no matter what!

Today looks like a beautiful spring day! The kind of day that keeps you looking out the window! :) My office is on a corner on the building on the 3rd floor and I look out over a golf course...I can get spring fever very quickly! :cool:

Hope everyone is well and enjoys the day!

Rachel, maybe you can do the cross train express workouts? those are a little shorter and still get you working.

Jo, your view sounds so nice! I hope it does not depress you too much to see it and not be able to go out!

I did disk 20, trisets... paper plates, 60 second rests... it's all coming back to me now....LOL! I should be sore tomorrow even though I used very light weights! I'm soaking tonight just to help it!

Kim, I hope all is well with you! How are you enjoying your recovery week?

I just got home from spinning and yoga and boy will I sleep good tonight! :p What a workout. So next week, we're going to go to spinning, skip yoga and then go to water aerobics! I've never done that and always wanted to try it. On the way out tonight we went and watched the class for a few minutes and it looks fun! There was only about 8 people in it.

Cendrine, good good on Disc 20 - just like riding a bike huh? :D Good idea for Rachel on Cross Train. Rachel, if you don't have Cross Train 4DS would be another good option for you. If you don't have that, tell us what you have and we'll HELP you! :p Actually I'm sure you'll figure it out!

Hello Kim, hope you're enjoying your recovery week and getting rejuvenated! Are you still starting March rotation tomorrow?

Okay, need to go wash my face and settle in.

Good morning Yall!

Instead of my morning ritual of watching a little Chelsea Lately before I work out I thought I would write yall instead! It has been a great recovery week for me. I think I found a great balance between doing hardly anything ( like last recovery week) and really having some good uplifting wake me up work outs this week. I feel really great about it!
This is the only morning that I haven't planned out what I am doing yet but I am sure there will be a few more push ups involved since I really like the way they warmed me up the other day. Oh and I failed to mention that my abs are good and sore from no equipment abs! woohoo!

Cendrine-I don't have cross train express but I have wondered if it was one of those I shoul go back and get. Since I have started Cathe I have been on every pre order and have started getting some of the older ones but I guess cross train express has not been on any of the rotations that I have done yet.
It sounds like you are falling right into step with the rotation you are on. That is just great. I can "hear" it in your post that it is really giving you something to work for. You only have about 5 weeks now till Switzerland, right?

Jo-YOu are becoming a bonafide Gym Rat!!!:p Everyone there is going to know you by your first name! lol I forgot to tell you that when I was 18 I taught one water aerobics class!haha. I would have stayed working at that gym but they wanted me to telamarket and I just couldn't do that. But that is really a funny story...I will tell yall this weekend when I have more time!
It's funny I was going to ask for yall's opinion on what I could do. I do have 4DS and thought about at least a week's rotation of that but from there I am not sure. I only have to fill in maybe 3 weeks or so.

I think we are not working Saturday now since we busted A and caught up with the job again so I will talk more about the week this weekend...God help yall cause I am feeling chatty!

OH yea Have a great HAIR DAY Jo!

TTYL

Rachel

Sorry, I've been a bad checkin buddy again:eek::eek: I don't know where the time goes. Also our house seems to be the hangout place for 12 & 13 year old boys so they always seem to be in our basement/rec room where the computer is.

I'm enjoying my rest days. I might start the March rotation today. After 3 days of doing nothing I'm raring to do something. Last night, my coworkers and I went out to dinner as someone is changing jobs and didn't get home till late. Wednesday night was beautiful here so we went out to Dairy Queen:eek: and Tuesday was TBL. So it's been a fun but indulgent week. It's also been a bit quieter at work so I'm off today. I'm supposed to not work Fridays as I'm part time but when it's busy they often ask to me to work extra. I've worked a lot of Fridays lately. So today I have time to run some errands and do some housework.

Rachael Sounds like you're really using the recovery week to your advantage! I always just use the extra time to catch up on other things but everytime I make big plans like doing some yoga or running and then it just doesn't happen. Glad that the job is going well and you get Saturday off. I have CTX but don't use it very often. Maybe you can use the timesave premixes on some of the March workouts?

Jo You sure are making good use of that gym! I have done water aerobics before. I was a swimmer (teacher/lifeguard) and never found that the water aerobics were enough of a challenge, I just prefered swimming laps. I know Wednesday I had some spring fever! That's how we ended up at Dairy Queen but it's cloudy/cool here again. West of us they had snow but none here! I've been wondering about downloading Shock Cardio. I don't think I need to download them but wondering since it's free if I should just in case in the future I find a need to have them. I think you asked about the plantar facsitis? I didn't go back and check so maybe I'm making that up. But I still just feel it a tiny bit with high impact workouts like HITT so I've been staying away from the running. Some of my running buddies also have injuries so no one has been asking me to go so I'm just staying away from it for now.

Cendrine I'm so happy that your workouts are going well! I'm sure that you and your family are getting so excited about your trip home!! Will you be seeing your twin sister as well??? I can't imagine living so far away from my family! Don't worry about working out just enjoy your time together! Hopefully your dad will be feeling well enough to enjoy the visit. A hotel seems like a good idea so he can have time to himself.

Okay, got to go wake up the kiddies and send them to school. Then off to drop off our old jogging stroller at a coworker's house (decluttering happening here) then going for groceries.

Rachel, don't get Cross train express unless you are going to be able to get it in time for you to use now. Otherwise I would wait and maybe get it when it's a 30%off deal or something. For the next few weeks maybe you could do a premix timesaver rotation of all the premixes you have. That might be kind of fun! I'd love to hear your story about the wateraerobics and the telemarketing (I think I would rather die than do telemarketing!!!!)
If I have to call people that I don't talk to regularly, I usually try to call when I'm least likely to get them in person and leave a message (I'm a great message leaver LOL!:eek::D)
Anyway, 3 more weeks until Switzerland, but dh just informed me that there was a massive volcano eruption in Iceland which is messing with the air all the way to Germany and Austria (apparently that means airplanes can't fly, because the ash has something in it that makes the engines stop or something) So, I don't know if we are going to be able to go! Dh is always on the over reacting side, so I'll have to see what happens, but he said this could be going on for months.:confused:

I did Low Max all the way except the last round because I was running out of time. Tomorrow is a 4ds circuit. I like 4ds step!

Jo, you are a gym rat! LOL! I would totally come with you if I was there! In fact, next time we visit, maybe you can get me a visitor pass and I'll meet you there!

Hi Kim, I hope all is well with you!

Oh, meant to say, I went and checked out a few episodes of tbl online because I hear you guys talk about it. I was soooooooooo glad Melissa was eliminated!!! LOL! Man, this is an easy one to get hooked on. I like Sunshine, who is your favorite?

Hi All! Quick post. I had to be in early for a meeting and am leaving in 20 minutes for my Hair appt (thanks for remembering Rachel! ;)) BUT, in spite of early meeting, I got up and did Step Moves to officially complete week 3! Yippee!!! I didn't do the CB cardio premix as my legs didn't have it in me after spinning last night!

Anyway, I'll check back with all of you later but wanted you to know I'm here!!! :p

Cendrine, we must have been posting at the same time this morning! The Icelandic volanic eruption was on the front page of the paper this morning. I find it hard to believe that it would take a month to clear the air enough to fly! But there were lots of flight cancellations yesterday and today to northern Europe.

Did Muscle Endurance, for some reason I was thinking this was going to be easy??? My goodness, it was a hard workout. The weights seemed like they would be light after doing Meso #3 but by the billionith lower end it was no longer light!

Have fun with your hair appt Jo!

Got to run to the school and walk home with dd. DS usually walks her home but he's staying for baseball tryouts today.

Oh, my favourites from TBL are the cousins (I'm so bad with names) Koli and Sam??, Darius also seems like a good guy!

Good Evening (Night?) All,
Well, right when I was leaving for my hair appt the salon called to say my gal was going home and was very sick. So, I left anyway and went to the grocery store to pick up a few things. I made this steamed kale salad tonight. I steamed kale and red onions for just a few minutes then tossed with pine nuts, tomatillas, sun dried tomatoes, kalamta (sp?) olives and fresh garlic. It was very good. Just think, you could have gone on to become a instructor and making DVD's!!!

Rachel, you and DH are just rocking and rolling on that job aren't you? Way to go! I know I am totally becoming a gym rat! In fact I almost said that last night so we must have all been thinking that about me! LOL! I am really having fun there and the spinning is my absolute FAVORITE! I love my cardio coaches, but the energy in this class is unsurpassed! So you are a good swimmer too like Kim? I am a terrible swimmer (took lessons a few years ago). That is another thing I wanted to take advantage of at this gym - take swimming lessons!

Cendrine, isn't TBL great?! Now you know why Kim and I weren't too fond of Melissa! Actually this season I like most everyone except I'm kind of bleh about Michael but I like him better than I did. Right now Sunshine is my favorite but like Kim, I really like Koli and Sam. You are doing fantastic on your workouts! I'm very proud of you! Oh and Cendrine, if you get here you PLAN on going to the gym with me! I'll put you on my VIP list so you can come for free! We'll go have FUN FUN FUN!!!

Kim, I had to laugh about ME! I know isn't that shocker? You think it's going to be easy and NOT! Yeah I know if I was doing water aerobics only it wouldn't be enough for me, but should be great after spinning! If nothing else, just something different! I'm trying to test out everything and every class they offer! (I want to be sure and get my money's worth!) Glad you're taking advantage of your recovery week and enjoying yourself! You've worked very hard and deserve it! Okay, tell the truth...how was Dairy Queen? LOL! Did you start the March rotation today?

Oh and I forgot to tell you guys, I get 2 free personal training sessions. So this gal called me yesterday and I am meeting with her Monday afternoon. It'll be interesting to see how they assess me and it'll be fun to hear what they think I should be doing.

Oh and my gosh, did you guys see the pictures of the plume for that volcano? WOW! Cendrine, you may be going to Switzerland by ship! :p

Last thing, yep Rachel, the spinning instructor knows my name after I went and complimented him on the class and told him how he inspired me yadda yadda...so now he picks on me! But in a good way! You guys I wish you could take this class with me...it's very hard but it's a hoot!

Okay enough talk for tonight. Time to go read! HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

Last edited:
Oh, just a couple more things:

Kim, download Shock Cardio anyway whether you'll use it of not! You may use it eventually and it was part of your package AND you can't have it for FREE after May 16. Glad your PF is better but I bet that's annoying to have it hanging around.

Rachel, I agree with Cendrine, wait and get Cross Train when it's offered on sale. Except for when we're on rotations like we've been doing, I still use the cardio in it all the time (short workouts like 4DS) and often tack on the weights with other workouts. So I think it's still worth having. Step & Intervals is probably my favorite of all the cardio. But you would probably love (hate) Leaner Legs - my gosh that is a killer leg workout!

Last last thing - next Saturday they are having a Spin-a-thon at the gym for Diabetes so I'm thinking I'll sign up to participate. My dad died of complications from diabetes (among other things) so I like to support that cause. So that is how I'll finish up my week 4!

Cendrine, are you doing Upper Body tomorrow? Enjoy and watch your back! I'm so glad you're enjoying this rotation!

Okay, now I'm going to bed to read!

Good morning yall!
Well no workout yet for me and I will have to see if I get it in. I am not fretting since it is recovery week and all!:rolleyes: I was going to try low max today and I might still do it. I haven't showered or brushed my teeth yet. I got up at 7 :eek: and have been cleaning and straightening and moving things around ever since. I am really trying to put off the shower so I will do my workout because once I have washed my hair, I hate to sweat it up!

It has been a great week at work. I am enjoying getting on the job early and getting alot done but now I have to really set down and figure out how to get some good workouts in too. That is going to be the hard part. I only have about 40 minutes to work with in the morning so I am trying to figure out how I am going to get all my weight workouts in and cardio too. I did look at the March rotation and have decided to wait until we are back to normal schedule. I really want to do it in its entire form and I know it will be a great shake up after all these shorties I will be doing.

I have to get my 4DS back from my friend and I think she has drill max and butts and guts. I know the plyo leg work outs can be considered cardio and a great leg workout and they are short. I have the Hiit work outs but my main concern is a good weight workout. I can't remember the time on the 4DS workouts but I am pretty sure that I will not be able to fit the cardio and the weights on the same day. SO then I am struggling with 8 separate workouts, right? Oh dilemma. I need to get working on figuring this out! lol

Jo-That stinks on the hair appt. but the dinner sounds great!!!
I am so glad that you are getting so much from your gym. I know if I had one closer with all the perks you have , I would probably have a membership too. Just for the things I can not get at home. Like all the fun classes! And I am absolutely not a good swimmer!!! But I will elaborate on that in my next post!

Cendrine-I am the exact same way about the telemarketing...That is why I did not last long at the gym! But again I will tell yall all about that. It is kind of long!
I am not an expert for sure but surely the ash cloud will be cleared up by the time of your trip! I am a little bit of a worrier too so I can see the concern that dh has! Esp. on a trip that is so expensive and one that yall have probably put so much planning into!
Way to go on low max. You are really improving. That is awesome!

Kim-Don't worry about getting in to check in...You are so busy I am amazed you have time at all! It seems like you must have a really fun house if all the kids like hanging out there! My friends house was like that and I still have some of my best memories from there! Isn't it great that it will probably be the same for all those boys too!
I know what you mean about wanting to get back to a real schedule. I hate not having my calendar written out. So I really need to work on it today and tomorrow. But I am so unclear about how to work it with shorter workouts and weights. Ughh. I guess I could do some rotation digging and see if she has anything (Cathe) written up already!

OK
DH just left so I am going to take this opportunity to go get my work out in and I will be back later to tell about the gym experience!

TTYL

Rachel

Good Morning! I'm back again! :D:p:cool::):eek:

I'm just getting ready to go grab a bite to eat and then I'm off to do Pilates at the gym. Then on to the mall to pick up my pants at lululemon that were being hemmed (for free!).

Rachel, have you thought about doing some circuits so you can get both cardio and weights in and just selecting a shorter premix? Or here's a another idea if you're interested:

1. STS 30/30 - 30 minutes
2. Pyramid upper (up only) - 40 minutes
3. Step Blast (without challenge) - 35 minutes
4. Pyramid lower (up only) - 35 minutes (I think)
5. MMA Boxing
6. Drill max or Boot Camp timesaver (one of those circuits has a time saver workout) maybe Cendrine remembers.
7. Rest

The next week you could do something similiar except for day 2 substitute ME Upper body only and day 4 ME Lower body only. Then week 3 you could use MM. Anyway, just a suggestion - I don't know if that's in line with what you want to accomplish.

Okay, off to have breakfast and shower! BBL!

Rachel, Jo's ideas for a rotation look really good. I also wanted to mention, if you do plyo one day, taking care of legs and cardio, you could do the weights only part of body max 2 the next, and that would be shorter as well. I think 4DS also has some premixes with all upper and you could do more plyo for cardio.
I'm sure you'll figure something out!

You know the thing with the volcano is, I think they are resuming flights on Tuesday, but dh is worried there might be more eruptions, is said that the last time this volcano got active it was active for a full year. So he is worrying about that. I just purchased the train passes which are a pretty penny. Luckily I got insurance on them, so if they expire before we can go, at least we don't loose them. But hopefully this is all just overreacting....

Jo, I'm going to do a 4 DS circuit and upper body today. It said to do bootcamp and kickbox, but this is too high impact, so I'll do the cardio from the other disk and that upper body circuit. I wish I was a better swimmer too. I can do distances and enjoy lap swimming but I'm limited to breaststroke and I wish I knew how to gracefully combine stroke with breathing....! LOL! One of these days I am going to learn because I do enjoy swimming.
Your kale salad sounds great!

Kim, I think it's great too, that ds and his friends feel so comfortable at your house! I would like that for my kids too, not sure if I'm layed back enough for it though! There is still time for me to work on that on myself....LOL!
I do like koli and Sam as well, all the others are actually nice, I can't remember all their names. ME is tough, you know the toughest part to me is the bicep portion, I hate the half way ups! I'd much prefer doing full ones the whole time! LOL!

Well, I better go and do my workout, otherwise, like Rachel, I'll be showered and then I don't want to get sweaty again...LOL

Thanks Jo and Cendrine...Both of your ideas are just great. I forgot all about the premixes on the full body workouts! Can you tell I have been doing STS for a while! :rolleyes: And to think, before STS all I did was a premix of this or that!

OK back for the gym story... I hope it is not built up too much now! lol

I always wanted to work at a gym. I was never a fit person all through out high school but I knew there was one in me and I thought if I got a job at a gym, that fit person would miraculously appear..lol
I was scanning the paper and came across an add for fitness instructor in the paper. It said that no experience was necessary. I could not believe it. It was at this place that my mom used to go to when I was really young so I kind of remembered it. It was a gym for women only.
I kind of applied on a lark because I just knew I was not going to get the job...I was completely unqualified to teach anyone anything back then...I guess that should have been a sign! lol
The girl that gave the interview was about 5'7" tall and maybe 80#'s soaking wet so she was not the exact picture of health that I was expecting. I was so nervous but the interview went fine all except at the end she said I would have to solicit potential members on the phone and I had to fill a quota. Immediately I said no way! If I wanted to telemarket there was a place downtown that was hiring all the time. You barely had to apply. So I guess in her desperation she hired me anyway. Little did I know that pretty much everyone was going to quit the day after I started because they did not like the new regional manager's way of running things. I came to find out that the girl that did the interview suffered from anorexia that was triggered by the stress of her job or something like that! It was totally weird.
But I did get to co-teach one water aerobics class:p:D! The girl (that was quitting the next day...lol) was so cute and tan in her swim suit and I was a pasty mess...haha. So when I gave the direction to "tuck their butts in" she corrected me to say "bums"! I have to admit no one in the class was under 55 probably and this was when 65 was always 65, not the new 35 it is now..haha So I do not think it would have ever become a fun experience. lol
The next day when I showed up to work, I got called into the office by a girl I had never seen before. It was the regional manager...She told me everyone had quit and asked if I had started making my calls for my quota yet...I told her that the other girl said it was ok if I did not do that...She said it wasn't so I said .."I quit"
So that was that. My water aerobics teaching career was over in a blink of an eye!

Sorry so long. I just don't know how to make a long story short when I am typing it. lol

Cendrine-I have not seen anything yet on the news about the volcano because I have not had time to watch any yet but I hope they are wrong. Nature is unpredictable so maybe this is one of those instances that that is the case!

Jo- Thank you thank you...I know I can count on my friends on here to get me through anything! I think I am going to elaborate on what you have down there. I do not know how I forgot all that stuff!

TTYL

Rachel

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.