Strong and Sweaty

Ivy

Cathlete
I have only done Strong and Sweaty cardio slam and the shoulder segment from Upper Body and I can say, I Love This Series So Far!!! How is it that Cathe can take moves that you think look so simple and easy, yet your breathing so hard and really feeling it!!! She also comes up with a good variety, I know we're all getting older but I am really thankful that there is a Cathe out there designing such good solid programs!!! One other thing, how does Cathe and Jai stay looing so young, I know about the exercise but please share what your drinking because I want some!!

I've been doing Strong and Sweaty all week. Total Giant Sets is the only one I haven't done yet. I loved all the others. I haven't done any of the premixes. Did them as originally recorded. I did Bootcamp on Monday and Cardio Slam on Tuesday. Did Ramped Upper Body on Weds as my legs were feeling the previous two days so I wanted to leave them along. This morning I did PHA Training and I really liked that one.

Another great series for Cathe!!:D

Another great series!! In my opinion still not as tough as my all-time favorite Ripped w/Hiit but good nonetheless. I was a bit disappointed about Giant Sets though-I was hoping Cathe would heavy-up. I know I can always go up in weights but the pace will limit that a bit. Tomorrow it's PHA!!! Loving to hear everyone's feedback!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My personal favourites are still ICE series & Xtrain by a long shot, but sometimes workouts grow on you & it is still much too early to determine this. My only glaring nitpicks of this whole series is that Ramped Up Upper Body just is too speedy for me which I never enjoy in any strength program (note- I am not advanced) and that the stretching segments seemed too rushed. Other than this, I cannot find anything wrong :), so an awesome & powerful series Strong & Sweaty is!! I really enjoy the fresh formats so far.

I've only done 3 (ramp. upper/cardio slam/ bootcamp). I love all of them so far. I usually don't do total body but Giant Sets has really got me interested. I think I will try the whole dvd before doing any of the split premixes. I agree with Elsie about the stretches, I have found that Cathe doesn't seem to make them as long as she use to and I miss that. But I usually fit in a longer stretch or some sort of yoga during the afternoon/evening so that helps me. Over all, I have really enjoyed this series. The times are perfect for me.

Did PHA plus bonus abs. After reading some reviews, I decided to increase my weight by 5lbs heavier than Cathe used and so glad I did. I LOVE lifting & wanted to use it as a total-weight w/o even tho it's meant more as a metabolic w/o. Some days I may match Cathe's wt but prefer to go a bit heavier. I'd love to increase a bit more but at their pace it may not be possible. There is a bit of cardio as well since there is no resting in between sets so that's a bonus. I enjoyed the music and the time went really fast!! I'm sure loving the unique moves on the bonus abs!! I use 2lb ankle weights for a real burn and also go heavier on the dumbbells. I may rotate with RWH for more cardio options. Ramped up Upper Body tomorrow!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with Elsie, Ice is still my favorite by far, so many choices with that series......I have always loved STS, although I never did that series
as it was intended, and I really like RWH and Xtrain as well, just so many different ways to do. But S&S is good also, and glad I got it. I am
so glad Cathe is getting into modifications more as time goes on, and while I think the little video box showing modifications in Cardio Slam
works well and I am thankful for the modifications on that one, I really think I prefer how she shows some modifications in Bootcamp better,
meaning the exercise starts, then she shows the modification in "real time" a couple times, then she goes back to the higher intensity or
impact and if we are doing the modification, we can continue on, on beat and rep count, if that makes sense.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.