Strength in Numbers

So I haven't done much working out. Thursday morning Tango had a follow up vet appointment to make sure everything is still fine with him. He has put on a bit of weight so that is a step in the right direction. Then I went to the SPCA to help out. Friday morning I was really tired and my mom was being released from the hospital. So I went out there to early to get her home so I could then get back home to take DH to a banking appointment. Saturday morning was really nice and we finally got out onto the water with the dragon boat. It was a good practice for the first one of the season. Since it was nice out we got our patio chair covers washed and the cushions put back on the chairs. This morning I went to the farmers market and it was busy because it was so nice out. Now I am going to get a bit more cleaning done outside and in the afternoon we will go with our friend and Zoey to do our weekly Starbucks thing.

I hope you had a great weekend.

Cheryl

Cheryl I am glad your mom is doing better and they are keeping her until she is ready to go home. Great job on RUR! Glad Tango has put on some weight. Yea! Your mom got to go home and you got out on the water. Sounds like spring is finally in the air. I believe tomorrow is the first official day.

I forgot to mention I would not be posting Thursday. I had to take Petunia to a special vet to get her distichia surgery. They froze off a bunch of eyelashes that were growing in towards her eyes. The vet said he has never seen a boxer with that many lashes but bulldogs are known for it. She also had extra teeth so I guess she is just an over-achiever.

So Thursday I got a walk in while I waited for her surgery to be done. Friday I did a heavy lower body workout and then did a bunch of stuff around the house. Saturday was mobility and a hike on Mt. Kilimanjaro. Sunday was an upper body day and this morning I slept in.

Have a great day!

Hi ladies. It’s great to be home and I see you have both been very busy! Cheryl So sorry to hear about your mom’s heart attack, but glad to hear that she is out of the hospital and doing better!
We had a great time on our trip and it just flew by! Even though it was a very long trip getting there and back, the time difference was only 2 hours when we got there and 1 when we got home because they don’t do the time change (lucky them!). We got home Friday afternoon and just chilled and relaxed that evening. Saturday morning I did Step Blast and then picked up the foster kittens. Quinn went on a trial while we were gone and it sounds like she will be getting adopted. Yesterday I didn’t do a workout and this morning I started Cathe’s March rotation with Slow and Heavy legs and shoulders. I think today will be yard work to start getting ready for mulch The pollen started right after we got back so everything is starting to turn yellow. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie I am glad that Petunia's surgery went well. Great job on your walk, heavy lower body workout and your mobility work and hike on Mt. Kilimanjaro, and your upper body day.

Pam Welcome back. It looks like you had a great time with what you posted on FB. Good work on Step Blast and S&H Legs and Shoulders. The pollen hasn't started here yet but we will be yellow probably in about a month.

So Sunday afternoon we went for a walk down to the park instead of going to Starbucks. It was really busy since the weather was so nice. This morning I did STS 2.0 Giant Sets. Our friend needed to go out of town for the day for work so I will be taking Zoey for a walk in a bit to get her out. He probably won't be back until sometime later tonight so I will make sure that I get her fed as well.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Glad you had a great trip! Even without much of a time change, the jet lag can be awful. Great job on SB & S&H Legs & Shoulders! That is great news about Quinn getting adopted. Hopefully the pollen doesn't last long. That has to be annoying.

Cheryl I guess that is the trade off with nicer weather places get busier as people come out of hibernation. Great job on STS 2 GS!

This morning I did a heavy lower body workout! So I know spring is not supposed to start until tonight but I didn't expect that the weather would decide it wanted one more day of winter with temps in the 20s this morning. I cannot wait until more consistent warmer temps.

Have a great day!

This morning I did a heavy upper body workout! It is still cold out and I don't think we will be getting warmer weather before April according to the weather app.

Have a great day!

Cheryl A walk to the park sounds nicer than going to Starbucks, glad you had great weather. Great job on STS 2.0 GS and your walk with Zoey!

Julie The most annoying thing about the pollen is that it always starts just when the weather is getting nice. So you want to open windows, but you can’t because of all the pollen. It’l be over in a few weeks though. Great jo bon your heavy lower body workout. Temps in the 20s does not sound like a nice surprise at all!Great job on your heavy upper body workout! Hopefully the warm weather is just around the corner!

I forgot to post yesterday but I did Low Impact Sweat and Icy Core 1. Then I had a massage which was heavenly! It was one of my Christmas presents from DH This morning was Slow and Heavy Chest, back and planks and my muscles are still singing! Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great job on your heavy lower body and heavy upper body workouts. Oh yuck 20 degrees is not nice. I hope the weather warms up for you soon. Weather apps are not always right.

Pam Good work on Low Impact Sweat and Icy Core 1 and S&H Chest and Back and Planks. A massage would be heavenly.

The day got away from me yesterday so I forgot to post. Tuesday morning I met a friend for a walk and then went to get groceries. In the afternoon we went outside to enjoy the last of our warm weather for a while. This morning was STS 2.0 Total Body Supersets. Now I am going to go out to my mom's to take her out. It is cloudy now but I am hoping that the rain will hold off.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on LIS + Icy Core 1 and S&H CB! Oh a massage sounds so nice. I definitely need to tell my DH to up his Christmas present game.

Cheryl Great job on STS 2 TBS! Sounds like your spring isn't starting off very nice either. We are in the 40s the next week or so. I know that is better than below freezing but I am just getting impatient for 60s and above.

This morning was my sleep in day. I needed it because I had a long day yesterday. I usually leave work early on Wednesdays to get my grocery shopping done while I am in town but I had a meeting that I had to be in person for so I was almost 2 hours later than normal.

Have a great weekend!

Cheryl Great job on STS 2.0 TBS! I hope your rain held out for your visit with your mom and that you had a nice time.

Julie It sounds like your sleep in day was perfectly timed and hopefully you were able to actually sleep in!

This morning I was so stiff and sore from getting back to my workouts and all of the yard work That I’ve been doing so I did P30 mobility basics. It still hurt me though! I will probably spend some more time on the yard today, but not the whole day. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Glad that you had a sleep in day. Staying at work for an extra 2 hours would throw off your day.

Pam Good idea to do Mobility Basics. You did hit the ground running when you got back from vacation, so it is probably a good idea to take it a bit easier.

This morning was STS 2.0 Mat Yoga and Standing Abs Metabolic Warm up. Now I am off to the SPCA.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on STS 2.0 MY and SAMW! I hope it was a good day at the SPCA.

This morning was Slow and Heavy Triceps and biceps. This series is hard, but I like it. I think I need to keep it in mind to do it more often.. Have a great day!

Pam

Happy Saturday! This morning was Perfect 30 HI Hiit + pyramid bonus + extended stretch. No yard work today because it’s raining so it will be a nice break from that. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Great job on Mobility basics! That is a great one to do when feeling sore. Great job on S&H Tris and Bis and P30 HI HiiT + Pyramid Bonus + ES! Slow reps are so hard but so good. I know rain isn't always a happy day but at least you got a rest from the yard work.

Cheryl Great job on STS 2 Mat Yoga and Standing Abs Metabolic WU! I hope your mom is doing well.

Friday I did a heavy lower body workout and then some things around the house. Saturday was my mobility and then I went to my mom's and did some cleaning. I moved all the furniture in her bedroom and dusted and swept for her so hopefully that will help her breathe easier now that is all cleared out. Sunday was a heavy upper body day and this morning I slept in.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on your heavy lower body workout, mobility, and heavy upper body workouts. So nice of you to do al of that cleaning for your mom, I bet she rea;y appreciated it and hopefully it will help her breathe easier.

Yesterday was my rest day but I did do some more yard work. I think I have one more day of work before I can start on the mulch. I’ll be happy when it’s all done! This morning was LIHI Legs + bonus abs 2. Those banana holds are such killers! Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Great work on S&H Tris and Bis, P30 HI Hiit + Pyramid Bonus + Extended Stretch. Nice that the rain gave you a break from the yard work.

Julie Good job on your heavy lower body workout, your mobility work and your upper body work. That is great that you are able to help your mom out like that. I hope she can breath easier.

Pam Good work on LIHI Legs + Bonus Abs 2. Those banana holds are hard.

So Friday I was tired so I took a day off but I did get the housework and laundry done. Friday night we got a call from where my mom lives to say she had been taken to hospital again because she couldn't breathe. So Saturday morning I went out there to pack up a suitcase for her because she was going to be there for a bit. When I got there she looked awful and was on oxygen because she couldn't breathe. It took about an hour before she could get it under control. Her heart is giving out on her and is unable to pump the fluids out of her so this will be happening more frequently until her heart says that is it. I could only stay for a few hours since I had to get back home to take Tango in for a urinalysis and he needed gaba as well to make sure he was calm. DH wasn't confident to do it himself and we also only have one car. So I got him into the vet and I was exhausted by that point. Sunday morning I left home early to go see my mom again and she was doing better though she will still be there for at least a couple of more days. Then I went and picked up my aunt to take her to my cousin's daughters first birthday party. When I got home we went out for dinner since I was not in any mood to cook. This morning I did P30 Upper Body. Now I am going to call my mom to see how things are going and then get some things done around here. I will probably go back out there again tomorrow.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam I like you said one more day of work before starting the mulch but isn't spreading the mulch work too! Great job on LIHI Legs plus bonus abs 2! Banana holds are supposed to be great for working up to pullups.

Cheryl I am so sorry to hear about your mom's heart condition. That is a shame there is nothing they can do for her except manage the symptoms. I imagine all of this has been very exhausting physically and emotionally. I'll be thinking of you and your mother. Great job on P30 UB! Hopefully being able to do a workout here and there will help with the stress this must be placing on you.

This morning I did a heavy lower body workout. It was a really hard day but I pushed through because next week is deload week.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Oh what a stressful weekend for you and your mom. I’m glad to hear that she is doing better, but it sounds like a rough time ahead for you guys. I’m so sorry to hear that. And having a stressful vet appointment in there while all of that was going on. I imagine you must hae been completely exhausted. Great job getting P30 UB in!

Julie Oh the mulching is definitely work too, although I think it’s been more work getting ready for it. Great job on your heavy lower body workout and pushing through the pain!

I decided not to do any yard work yesterday and went and got a pedicure instead . Definitely better than yard work! Then I had to go pick up two cats that were being returned to us and take them to the vet for vaccines and check ups and drop them with a foster. I’m not sure if I told you guys about my car accident before we went on vacation, but I found out that my car was totaled. ☹️ Hard to believe from a little 5 mph crash. Luckily I do have another car, but I wasn’t sure 2 cat carriers were going to fit. There are back seats, but they are tiny and no adult could sit in them. They do fold down and make a shelf and luckily 2 carriers fit there perfectly. As I was leaving the vet I got a nasty smell and realized one of them had peed. I was just hoping it was the one in the hard carrier, but of course it was the one in the soft carrier, so it soaked the bottom and is now on the back of my car seats, which are carpet. That is the worst smell to get rid of so hopefully my car isn’t nasty forever now! This morning was RWH LIHI Back, shoulders, and biceps. It was really hard and I had to drop my weights lower than I normally do for that one, but I made it. Have a great day!

Pa,

Julie Good job on your heavy lower body workout and pushing through it.

Pam A pedicure is a much better option than doing yard work. No I don't remember you telling us about your car accident. It really doesn't take much to total a car these days. That is great that the two carriers would fit in your other car but of course the pee had to be from the soft carrier. It is a hard smell to get rid of so hopefully you find something that will work. Good work on RWH Back, Shoulders and Biceps. Some days you aren't as strong so dropping the weight is perfectly OK.

This morning I met up with a group of ladies for a walk/hike that is near where I live. We are all retired and some of them are on my new dragon boat team. It was a great workout and the rain held off for most of it. I would definitely do that trail again. Now I need to get some things done.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam I love that you got a pedicure instead of doing more yard work. OMG! Your car was totaled after that. So crazy. Good thing you had a backup. Oh cat pee is the worst. As much as vinegar stinks, it is pretty good at cleaning up pee and getting rid of the smell. After using vinegar, use baking soda to soak up the moisture. Great job on RWH LIHI BSB! Those are the hardest workouts for sure.

Cheryl Great job on your walk/hike! Oh that is fun you found a group to hike with and a trail to go to.

This morning I did a heavy upper body workout! It was really tough again. There are a couple of burnout sets programmed where you do 3 shoulder exercises back-to-back and then a triceps one that is similar. I barely made it and had to do rest pauses on some of the sets.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.