Strength in Numbers

Last night I did half of Imax 3. Just intervals 1-5. I messed up some of the stepping since it has been so long since I have done it. I was happy I chose to only do half though because I was spent after the 5th interval. Maybe should have started out with Imax instead of jumping to the hardest one.

Pam So glad you had a fabulous time on vacation. I saw some of your pictures on FB. Made me want to go out there until I saw the giant spiders. I think I will stay here where the spiders are not so big and scary looking. I mean they are scary enough but not like the ones you had on FB. That is a lot of hiking you did. What an active recovery from STS but I bet all that leg work helped your hiking. Great job on SJP! Did you take Monday off work?

Janie So excited to see how this drawing turns out. I love it when you show us the in progress pictures. Kind of builds the anticipation. Great job on your beach walk and making it home right before the rain came. Perfect timing!

Have a great day!

Janie I just love to see the way your drawings come to life from their early beginnings. Thanks for letting us share in the process! You are one talented lady!! I bet your niece is very excited. I'm glad that you and Rolly made it home safely before the rain started. Ha, I never thought about our hike as a half marathon but I guess you are right. I sure can't imagine running that far!

Julie Great job on Imax 3, you sure did pick a toughie to jump back into!! We only saw that one giant spider on the trip so not too bad. My DH kept looking for snakes but luckily we didn't see any. Just lots of chipmunks and squirrels and deer. I do think STS helped my legs and of course Cathe helped my endurance in general. My DH was feeling out of shape compared to me. I did not take yesterday off work, but I was really wishing that we had a day to recover when we got home Sunday night.

The exhaustion hit me this morning, I just could not get out of bed for my workout. I even got up and started getting on my workout clothes, then climbed back into bed with them on! I am going to try to do it tonight.. I'll be home alone as my DH had to go to Minneapolis for the night so I should have no excuses. Take care!

Pam

Rolly and I walked the beach today.

Pam, Glad you listened to your body.

Julie, Great job on doing half of Imax 3, intervals 1-5.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Janie Great job on your beach walk!

Last night I did Pedal Power. The cycling workouts are always a real sweat fest! I was completely spent when I was done. This morning was BM2. I didn't have time for the whole 95 minutes because I couldn't get my butt out of bed, so I just did the step and power circuits. That was enough though, I was completely spent again and I looked like a tomato when I was done! Whew! I don't know if it was because of doing the cycling last night, the time zone issues or what, but it was tough for me today. Have a great day!

Pam

Tuesday night I did a Get Glutes strength workout. Wednesday was crazy at work. Hoping today is better and I can get some things done. No workout Wednesday night but I am still pretty exhausted. Ready for a restful weekend or at least I hope it is restful.

Janie Great job on your walk!

Pam Sounds like you needed your sleep the other day. Good for you for staying in bed when your body needed it. I imagine it is a mix of so much. As much as vacations can be great, sometimes I find them exhausting. By the time, you get home, get settled back in, just can be exhausting. Great job on Pedal Power. I am trying to do spinning once a week again and I am loving it. Wow and to get up and do BM2 step and power circuits! You are a super woman!

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on your GG workout. You have been crazy at work for quite awhile now. Any hope of things letting up anytime soon? I sure hope so! It is terrible that it is so hard to recover from a vacation, isn't it? The whole point is supposed to be getting away and rejuvenating, but then as soon as you get back to work you are slammed. My poor DH though, he had to fly to Minneapolis on Tuesday, got home after 11 last night and had a 6:45 am flight to Pittsburgh today. I think he'll sleep all weekend. I keep telling myself that I need to do spinning once a week too. Every time I do it I remember what an awesome calorie burner it is.

This morning was Kick, Punch and Crunch. I was so proud of myself because I made it through all of the pikes and wasn't even asking Cathe how many more before she told us there were only 2 more left! It's a small victory, but I'll take it! I hope you are having a great day. We are almost to Friday!

Pam

Last night I did a Get Glutes strength workout. So happy it is Friday. Doing a happy dance in my chair at work. I am hoping to get a lot done today at work so I don’t have to bring work home with me this weekend. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. I have to get blood drawn for my annual lab work plus run errands and try to find time to do some chores.

Pam Great job on KPC! That is so awesome on the pikes. Seems like a victory to me and I wouldn’t consider it small at all. Oh my, your husband is a toughie to go through all of that traveling back to back. Just reading it sounds exhausting. Every time I think work is starting to let up, something new comes up. I did get a breather a few days last week though.o_O

Have a great day!

JulieGreat job on your GG workout last night. I am happy it's Friday too! What time do you start work? I see you posted at 8:22 my time and I think that is 7:22 your time. I hope you are able to get a little relaxation time in tomorrow too with all that you have to do. I am really looking forward to turning off the alarm clock and waking up whenever I am ready tomorrow! Yep, I think DH is going to be one tired guy when he gets home. His brothers drove to Pittsburgh and met him for the Pitt-Virginia Tech game last night. It sounds like they had quite the good time, his voice was very rough this morning :oops: I'm glad to hear you had a little breather last week at work.

Janie I hope you are doing well!

This morning for me was the original Boot Camp. I really love that workout and hadn't done it in awhile. Last night I did the upper body work from BM2 that I missed the other day because I was feeling a bit light on my weights this week. Happy Happy Friday!

Pam

Rolly and I walked the beach for 3.5 miles yesterday. And did yoga today. Got PiYo in the mail and finished reviewing it. It looks awesome.

We had no water for almost two weeks. Joe figured out a way to use the neighbors well and pump until he can figure out what is going on. Neighbors know we are doing this. But, I've been busy cleaning with warm water, doing dishes, laundry... and now I'm going to take a nice hot bath. LOL

Janie

Walked a new beach today called bottle beach. I don't know why it's called that. Can't find any history on it. Trying to find beach glass. Next time will go the opposite way in hopes to finding some. Hope to make stuff with it. No dogs were allowed, so poor Rolly had to stay home.

Janie

Friday night I did timesaver #2 premix from Ride. Saturday morning I did Afterburn Double Trouble and then ran errands and did chores the rest of the day. Sunday morning was Get Glutes strength workout and then mostly a lazy day. I did bring some work home with me and did maybe an hour and half of work. Of course the weekend flew by again. I think I really need to take a Friday or Monday off and have a nice long weekend so I can regroup. I told my DH last night I felt exhausted which you would think by Sunday night I would be feeling refreshed.

Pam Great job on BM2 at night followed by Boot Camp original style! That is impressive to do those back to back (well I know you slept in between but still). I technically start work at 7 but am usually at my desk working around 6:30. I am really thinking I need a day off to be able to sleep in until I feel like waking up. Even on the weekends I tend to get up “early” so I can get my workout in and the day started.

Janie Great job on your 3.5 miles walk and yoga! I have heard of Piyo but never really looked at it. You will have to let us know what you think of it. Wow that is a bummer about the water situation. I hope you can figure it and fix it soon. What wonderful neighbors to let you share their water. Great job on your walk at the new beach. Interesting name. Makes it sound like there should be a bunch of bottles washed up on the shore. Poor Rolly couldn’t go. He is so tiny, what harm could he have done being there. Hope you enjoyed your rest day!

Have a great day!

Janie Great job on our long beach walk and yoga. I have been seeing a lot about PiYo, I can't wait to hear what you think of it! Wow, 2 weeks with no water?! That would be really really tough. So nice that your neighbors are sharing with you! It sounds like you are making great use of the water!
Funny, I would have thought bottle beach would have a lot of beach glass. I have so much beach glass that I have been intending to make something with forever but have not gotten around to it. I bet you will show me up and actually do something with yours!

Julie Great job on your Ride premix and AB DT and GG. I know what you mean about the weekend flying by. Last night I asked DH how in the world it was Sunday evening already. That sounds like a good idea for you to take a long weekend and regroup. My back to back isn't as impressive as it sounds since it was just the 30 minutes of upper body from BM2 that I did Thursday evening. Wow, you start work early! We basically start at whatever time we want, but most days when I come to the office I don't get here before 9.That means I'm here later too, but I like it for getting my workout in without having to be up insanely early.

I took Saturday as my rest day and had a lazy slow morning. Then I did an intense cleaning of the hood over my stove and then made pasta, ricotta and sauce for lasagne. Yesterday I rolled and cut the noodles and put the lasagne together. Carl was home for the weekend so I made one to send home with him, one for my friend who is having surgery tomorrow and one for us for dinner last night. I still had twice as much pasta as I needed. I always think I'm not making enough and end up with too much. Yesterdays workout was supposed to be Hiit Pyramid, but I'm really not crazy about that one so I did 30/30 and tacked on the Intensity boot camp. This morning was Body blast legs and glutes. Happy Monday!

Pam

This morning was Low Impact Circuit premix for Total Body Sculpt about 47 min. Update: Will do 30/30 tonight for my cardio.

hen I did an intense cleaning of the hood over my stove and then made pasta, ricotta and sauce for lasagne. Yesterday I rolled and cut the noodles and put the lasagne together. Carl was home for the weekend so I made one to send home with him, one for my friend who is having surgery tomorrow and one for us for dinner last night. I still had twice as much pasta as I needed. I always think I'm not making enough and end up with too much. Yesterdays workout was supposed to be Hiit Pyramid, but I'm really not crazy about that one so I did 30/30 and tacked on the Intensity boot camp. This morning was Body blast legs and glutes. Happy Monday!

Pam, I would love to make jewelery and or glue it on a tacky plastic flamingo (LOL), but I can't find any beach glass so far. Sigh. I'll keep searching. I'll be doing PiYo twice this week, On Wed Upper Body and the Lower Body on Fri. at night. During the morning I'll be doing my Intermediate Rotation with Cathy during the whole week. Good job taking a rest day on Sat. Love how you do your lasagne, would love to be able to taste this most delicious food of yours. Well in my minds eye, it was really exceptional! OOOOOO, you did 30/30, I think I'm going to do that one tonight. I needed a cardio and you reminded me of how I love doing this one. Also great job on this mornings Body blast legs and glutes.

Julie, Great job on Fri. for doing Timesaver #2 premix from Ride. Sat. Afterburn Double Trouble. For Sunday's Get Glutes strength workout. I think regrouping and taking a longer weekend would be nice for you. Hope you do it.

Take care everyone, I love you guys,

Janie

Last edited:
Last night I did All Out Low Impact HiiT! I forgot how much I enjoy that one and what a killer it can be on the legs. Need to bring that one out more often.

Pam I ride in a carpool to work so my start time is pretty much dictated by the other riders. I don’t mind getting here early and getting home early but when I worked out in the morning, that is why I had to get up at 3:30. Your Saturday sleeping in sounded so good. Those hoods can get so dirty and disgusting. You are so good cleaning yours. I have never done that since I moved in (or cleaned behind the fridge :eek:). Mmmm homemade lasagna and all the ingredients homemade too. Gotta love the healthy aspect of that! Great job on 30/30 plus Intensity boot camp. Also on yesterday’s Legs & Glutes.

Janie Great job on Total Body Sculpt from Low Impact Circuit! I love your workout plans to mix Piyo and Cathe. Although 30/30 doesn’t sound like it is intermediate. I know it is hard to not do the workouts you love though.

Have a great day!

Janie Great job on LIC TBS! Hmmm, your idea of gluing the beach glass on a tacky plastic flamingo sounds interesting. I'm having trouble picturing the final look though :) I usually find some glass whenever we go to the beach, but it is a tiny amount compared to what I used to find at the lake Huron beaches. I don't know if there isn't as much of it in the ocean or if it was more because of the fact that our beach at the lake didn't have many people on it. My girlfriend who has a beach house gives me a big box of all of the beach glass she finds during the year every year for Christmas too. My plan has been to do a frame for the mirror in my guest room with it, but I need DH to build the frame first and have not gotten around to putting it on his list ;) So glad that I could help with a workout recommendation for you, 30/30 is a great one isn't it?!

Julie Great job on AOLIH! I find that one to be kind've sneaky in a really good way. When I'm doing it I don't feel like I'm working crazy hard, but I'm always spent at the end. I just can not imagine getting up at 3:30 to workout. When I was driving the kids to high school I had to get up by 4:30 and that was super tough. I was so happy when those days were over. And of course I was always happy for summer break! I've done my hood 2-3 times now. The first time I did it it had started to drop grease onto my stove....GROSS! So now I try to keep ahead of it. Hmmm...I have never cleaned behind the fridge either....I think I would be a little afraid to see what it looks like back there!

This morning was supposed to be Cycle Max. I am not a real big fan of Cathe's cycling workouts so I did Spinervals instead. It feels kinda like doing a Cathe workout since Brenda is in it, and I like the way it is formatted better. I think I need to get a couple more of those spinning workouts. My legs are really feeling tired now after Legs and Glutes yesterday and spinning today!

Pam

I was hoping to do 30/30 yesterday, but realized when it was time to do it, the DVD was over at the beach house. Dang! Today was Body Blast Cardio Conditioning prmix. 37 min. It was all good and enjoyed it.

This morning was supposed to be Cycle Max. I am not a real big fan of Cathe's cycling workouts so I did Spinervals instead. It feels kinda like doing a Cathe workout since Brenda is in it, and I like the way it is formatted better. I think I need to get a couple more of those spinning workouts. My legs are really feeling tired now after Legs and Glutes yesterday and spinning today!

Pam, Wow, you really should do something with that beach glass. Wow, you are so lucky. I'm still searching. LOL Love the idea of a mirror framed in beach glass. Bet it will be beautiful! Great job on Spinervals. Hope you are having DOM's instead of tired legs from yesterdays workout.

Julie, Great job on All Out Low Impact HiiT. It is a challenging one if I remember right, good for you.

Take care,

Janie

Janie Darn, sorry you weren't able to do 30/30, but great job on BB cardio conditioning. I think that sounds like a good premix and I need to check it out! I think I was having some DOMs and some just plain old tired legs yesterday :), but as you say, it's all good. I keep telling myself that I will do something with my beach glass one day, but I have a few projects like that at the moment. My biggest problem is that I need my DH to do part of several of them and he never has any time. I have a couple of cork projects that are backed up and still haven't even taken my bottle cutter out of the box. I'm better about working on projects in the winter though, so hopefully I'll make some progress on some of them. :confused:

This morning for me was Body Max. I didn't have time for the full 90 minutes this morning, so will do the upper body this evening when I get home. Happy hump day!

Pam

Last night I did a strength workout from Get Glutes month 12. I have to leave work an hour early today to take Ozzie to the vet. Over the weekend, we found a lump/mass in his chest so I am going to get it checked out. Hope it is nothing but you never know so you have to get every one of them checked out. He is only 5 1/2 so not too old.

Pam Great job on Spinervals! I don’t have any Spinervals workouts but I do have some from Spinning.com that came free with my bike. They are alright but not Cathe. What is the name of the Spinervals you have? Yes I am very scared to see what is behind our fridge. I figure I will find out when we have to replace it. Great job on BM cardio and power circuits! You are very good about finishing your workouts when you get home.

Janie Bummer about 30/30 being at the other house. Cardio Conditioning from KPC is a good one. I always have fun and get nice and sweaty on that one.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on your GG workout. Oh no, I hope that everything is ok with Ozzie, you are right that it is important to get something like that checked. Were they able to tell you anything yet, or do you have to wait for test results? Praying that it is nothing! I got my spinervals disc free with my bike. I tried to burn a copy for you, but it looks like they have some scrambling stuff on it to prevent copying o_O I just ordered 2 more from amazon last night and am hoping they come before spinning comes up on my calendar again on Tuesday. I am good about finishing my workouts at night when I remember! I almost forgot last night!

I got home last night and was having a little snack and reading email and was going to get started making dinner when my DH said he was going to go out for a run. I was so glad he did, because that reminded me that I still had to do my upper body work. So I did that while he was on his run. This morning was hard strikes. I haven't done that one in awhile and I was really enjoying it until we got to the su/pu combos at the end. Oh man, I had forgotten about those!! The last two sets of pushups were on my knees and were still a struggle. I'm pretty sore from my upper body work from last night. A hot tub would be really nice right now! have a great day.

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.