Stop, Drop and Roll- UGH

laxlover

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this move easier or what I need to work on so I can complete the set without pooping out. This in CCC and towards the end of the workout and I have a tough time doing them at the speed that Cathe and crew do them so I certainly don't do all of them. I also don't want to do the alternative since I figure the only way I am going to get better at them is by doing them. Anyone with any thoughts?

You are not alone lax lover. Many people struggle with this...including the cast at our first few rehearsals. There is a sticking point right after you roll back and try get to your feet to stand up. You have to have a little momentum, good core strength, and flexibility too. If your back or hamstrings are super tight, it will limit your ability to snap to your feet. Try practicing the move right at the part where you struggle so that you get your muscles firing there.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this move easier or what I need to work on so I can complete the set without pooping out. This in CCC and towards the end of the workout and I have a tough time doing them at the speed that Cathe and crew do them so I certainly don't do all of them. I also don't want to do the alternative since I figure the only way I am going to get better at them is by doing them. Anyone with any thoughts?

Thanks for the advice, Cathe. I will work on that as well as my low back and hamstring flexibility. I will master these yet.

This makes me feel a little better, that I'm not the only one who can't do these very well. I keep thinking, my legs are just too long! But, then the guys who are doing it probably have longer legs than me. :)

Hope this helps, I go up with my legs farther apart (hip width) as I don't yet have the strenght to keep my legs together. Someday...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.