Step Works or Power Max???

Rose11

Cathlete
Hello educated crowd. I need some advice. I'm going to buy my second round of Cathe's videos and again I'm going to buy in bulk LOL! so I can get my quantity discounts. The problem is that I decided to get CTX and now I can't get both Step Works and Power Max...I have to choose one. Which one should I get? I have an old summer 2000 Collage catalog and I read the reviews on both. I also saw the previews here, but I can't make up my mind :-rollen. Please help me choose!

Those are both my favorites. I don't think that you could go wrong with either of them. Lots of great choreography, and my heart rate stays up the whole time for both of them. I have so much fun with them both that the time flies by.

I am trying very hard to suggest one of them for you, but I honestly can't as they are both great!!!!!

Veronica

Power Max was my first Cathe tape, and is still my favorite. I like Step works, but I love power max. Just my opinion!! Diane

My vote is for Power Max. Step Works is a fun, intense workout, but Power Max is one of my all time favorites!!
Erica

Hey Rosey, I vote for Power Max. I find the choreography to be much more dancey/complicated, takes longer to catch on. Judy

Hi,
my first tape was Powermax ... and I loved it right off the bat. I was so proud of myself because I managed to follow along and got the routine my second time through it. I don't have step works but it was one that I wanted to get at the time I got powermax...now it is a toss up between step works or rhythmic step. But just because I'm a sucker for workout clothes I might go for rhythmic step ... I don't know if stepworks has power 7's or a lot of lunges...I know rhythmic supposedly has no 7s which makes me want it more! Lunges and power 7's and leaps make me feel frustrated and no i don't feel like doing them at all, in the gym I stop the minute the instructor introduces them.

Poor Cathe!

It must be tough for her to please us all! I LOVE lunges, power 7's AND leaps. Probably three of my favorite moves! Especially, the power 7's!! I feel like they work my legs more then ANY other move. Oh yeah, I vote for PowerMax!!!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Poor Cathe!

Debbie wrote: It must be tough for her to please us all!

She seems to be doing a pretty good job at it though [laughing]!

power max for sure

Hi, for me it's definitely Power Max. I've had Step Works for years and STILL can't get the choreography down. Power Max is fun, easy to learn, and an intense workout. Sometimes I do the warmup to Power Max before my morning runs because those lunges really warm up my legs.

marnie

Both are GREAT workouts, but if I have to choose, I pick Power Max. A little more intense, and easier choreography. Next time you are in the buying mood, you have to get Step Works!

Haslina

RE: Poor Cathe!

Hi,
Oh no! I didn't mean to criticize Cathe at all about the power 7's...I just mean I don't enjoy those moves in general even in the gym. It's just that when instructors start with them they keep going and going and come on...be a tad creative, stop making me lunge to the side for 5 minutes. I know one instructor who makes you do about 16 lunges and that's per set and then makes you do that around the world basketball leap thing...after awhile it gets boring, like 10 over the tops in a row...okay, we should move on now, kind of thing.

Hey Kiwi!

Just wanted to let you know that I didn't take your statement at all as a critisism. I just think it's funny how one move can be a person's fav and another one's nightmare! I think it's great that we all have our differences. I guess that's what is neat about Cathe tapes~she reaches all of us in different ways. (I won't tell you how many lunges I make my students do in class!;-)Hee-Hee!)

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Ok so this is the plan...

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-14-01 AT 04:01PM (Est)[/font][p]I'm getting Power Max. You people seem to love it and since Step Works apparently has ultra complex choreography I will get it later... besides... Rhythmic Step is in my bunch with CTX so I can't have those two tapes in there hehe. Too much choreography too lil' time :p The thing is that Step Works would be the only tape I need to complete my Cathe collection, but I can't get it now. So I'll have to wait till Cathe releases her new tapes and I'm crossing my fingers for a Cardio Kicks II: Extreme Kickboxing tape with more kicks and punches and less aerobics, an all abs tape similar to Firm's 5 day abs in terms of structure (4 or 5 workouts) but this is the twist...every workout should be 10-15mins long and should include regular crunches, pilates ab work (core conditioning) and crunches with resistance maybe using the step as a flat bench while holding a plate and using dumbbells to target the obliques etc...and for a change Cathe should do a tape in a beach somewhere (Maybe Hawaii.. Gilad style) ...What do you guys think????

PS Kiwi and Debbie you guys crack me up! hehe...I agree it's difficult to please everybody, but sometimes the things we don't like are the ones that give us great results.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.