Step Jump and Pump

michelle54

Cathlete
I love love love this video. It was so much fun. I could not believe it when it was time to cool down! The abs killed me, but I have trouble in that area, a little weak core. I just love this, I know I said it already, but it was tough and still fun fun fun! I think this may become my new favorite, and the music it was awesome!

Yeah, I liked this one also, the variety really helps the time fly by! The step segment is just under 25 minutes, just enough time to get you revved up but not wear you out, then you go right into the hi/lo, which is do-able cause you know you're gonna catch a break and pick up the weights any minute!;) AND the best part of the hi/lo is that Cathe wets your appetite for the day she releases her first high intensity/low imapct cardio workout! The last cardio segment in the hi/lo is low impact/high intensity and such a nice change of pace! Not to mention I was pooped by then and was extremely greatful!:D
I don't remember the abs? They must not have been too brutal or maybe I was passed out by then? dunno? But THIS is a great workout! All thumbs up!

Donna

Fitness~ It's a journey, not a race!

Yep! TWO THUMBS UP!!! This was the first one that I did and absolutely know that it's my new fav....... The music - the routines - the variety, it's all AWESOME CATHE STUFF!!!!

Cheers, Marcia :)

Now you ladies got me all excited.I wasn't sure which one I was going to do today but I am diffently going to do Step,jump amd pump now.
Thanks,
Lori

I couldn't start the BB series when I originally received my videos due to my bodypump training and it was killing me! I still Can't believe I held out soo long having them in my possesion and not even peeking ;-0! It really tested my self control and gave me alot of build up in wanting to do these right away, and all I can say is OH YEAH BABY it was definitly worth the wait! I started my series off with SJP this morning and I have to tell ya---------------------------- I have the Body Blast Fever!!!!!!!!
I wish I had more time to go into detail about how awesome this workout was but I have to get ready for work!However, I'll give you an inside peek of my first impression that I sent off to my galpal Debbieh--mind you I was winded and blown away as I was typing this--I didn't take no notes, all this is from my adrenaline pump(just so you know that there is way more in the video ;-0 (oh and I had to correct alot of my spelling and some excited wording hahahaha)
email of enthusiasm: }(
HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!!!
Step Punch and Crunch Is all that and a bag of chips! Girl, she does it ALL and throws it right at us!!!!!! I personally Love that! The step part , reminded me of step fit where she did alot of choreography crammed together! It's a bunch of what we know already with an added twist and that twist has FLAVOR!!!!!!!!!!! and of coure new moves---- It was alot for me to digest, can't explain it that thoroughly without doing it a few more times , But this is sooo wonderfully done , lots of great ideas--fun fun choreography----she really out did herself using variety that suits EVERYONE's needs----her hi/lo is fun and she is more dancy here(she really let's loose and is having fun) she even has a low impact section (don't let that word low fool ya, it is fun and not boring ;-) God I could go on but my sentences would not make sense, it went from one thing to another, it's circuit format so you want to have your weights out and ready to roll--you need a barbell(she uses 40 and 25--dumbells 10s 8s and 5s) and a mat---go heavy on the weights like she does(I did what she did and it made the weights section MORE INTENSE--I was dripping--we were just talking about this---if you want to sweat and have the energy to burn --do this and go heavy!!!!!!!) She had neat exercises wonderfully done with"tempo" changes----Her ABWORK was GREAT!! Easy to learn but not easy to do hahahaha your class is in for a treat on this section---she cranks it up on the planks with a new move lifting leg up,out,back and down---then of course slows it down for a 2/2---she then does hovers(planks on elbows and does oblique twist--geez she does a bunch of new stuff--I'm rambling out of order now--I totally loved IT!!!!!Oh and her pilates moves(pumping arms as if she was pumping nails into the ground she keeps leg straight up then lowers on an angle and repeats) and oh my the reverse crunch with the knees in up and down ---oh lala -----This is certainly THE BOMB BABY!!!!
I want to call out all week and just do these videos hahahahahahahah!
Can't wait til KPC tomorrow!

So there you have a sneak peek of my excitement, once I do each video twice, I'll have a better understanding of what really happened ;-0

PS You know what gets me more excited about this???? the DVD is gonna be slamming !!!Soo many workouts can come out of this!!!!
PSS The music in this is very sing along, you just can't help yourself but to sing along! Oh and one song in there stuck out for me bigtime---- I can't live with out you (on the chest work) Sooo True---Can't Live without my Cathe!!!!!!!
A+++++ Excellent
High Fun Factor

WOW!!!! What a video!!!! I do believe I also found my new all-time favorite. The music and routines were excellent!!! I LOVED the hi-lo section and that is saying something because I've never met a hi-lo section I liked until now! :p Again, all I can really say is WOW!!!

Blessings,
Denise

I never should have read this thread. I am foaming at the mouth here! Oh well, I know it will be worth the wait now! Thanks for letting us all now how awesome the Body Blast Series really is.

Kathy

Oh Francine! Your excitement and enthusiasm is contagious! I'm not much of a hi/lo person but I'm excited to try this one. Keep the comments coming.

Best to all and patiently awaiting DVDs.

I, also, love Step, Jump & Pump - the way she blends the step moves is just how I like it - I would love a whole step like that one - the best of her combos, I think is her last one. The power jig - I mean I absolutely love that one because it also has where she goes off the side of the step and goes backwards or hops it backwrds.

The weight training is awesome, too. I thought the barbell tricep extensions were great and hard, too. She hasn't had those in her videos recently. I only used 20#'s and my triceps were screaming and she used 25#.

I absolutely love the whole BB Series!

Cheryl

Hey Franci!

Check your E-mail. I JUST responded to what you said here. You have me going nuts girl! I had K,P&C on the rotation for tomorrow but looks like I need to scratch it out and put S,J&P in! I CAN'T WAIT! Your enthusiasm got my heart a-poundin' with excitement and I want to do it NOW!!! It is also great to know what weights to have ready. I don't like to scramble or pause the ole machine, ya' know. THANKS for all the heads-up. My classes are in for a real treat this next month. Yipeeee!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Michelle!

I can't wait to hear the music! I love a tough workout, but when the music is pumpin', it makes it all the more fun. Thanks for the review!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Michelle!

I agree everyone, the workout was a BLAST. It didn't take long to get it all down pat,the high low was a nice change of pace,and then those squats.I was thinking(while I was squating) is she gonna make me jump around after all of this squating? And she did!
My next venture is going to be Kick,Punch, and crunch and then Legs and glutes.
Lori

I finally got to do this video today and I loved it! It was everything everyone else has said. So much fun, loved the music, the choreography was easy to pick up and it just moved right along. Cathe outdid herself with this one! Tomorrow I'm on to Kick, Punch and Crunch!

Forgot to mention: I loved the planks and ab work!

I used 5 lbs less than what Cathe uses. She uses 40 lbs for the squats and then lowers to 25 lbs for static lunges.

I thought "Maybe she meant 35 instead of 25?"

Good thing I didn't use 30!! Nope! NO mistake - 20 lbs killed me.

FUN, FUN, FUN!!! This workout is a gem, I love the step routine from Cardio & Weights but this one is gonna give it some competition. The moves all go so well with the music, even though I'm choreo challenged I got most of it because it's so smooth. The hi/lo was intense but fun, I liked all the cardio blasts in the middle. And the lunge set for a whole song was killer (good thing I'm the lunge queen!) Oh, and just when you think Cathe can't do another variation of a plank...she finds something new! :p

I only got a couple of the VHS and I'm so looking forward to the DVDs. She's done it again...amazing! ;-)

Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.