Starting STS in 2 weeks - good transition DVD?

Hi all! I am planning on starting STS in 2 weeks and am looking for a recommendation of what to do in the meantime. I have spent the last 2 weeks finishing the 1RM test (1 page or 1 hour on MWF, cardio on T/Th) as my "weight routine". I'm not a newbie to weights, I've completed P90X and several rounds of Chalean Extreme, but I'm not sure what I should be focusing on pre-STS.

My main concern is either not being prepped for STS (ie, slacking off too much) or going too hard and being exhausted by the time I start STS. I will be on vacation for part of the 2 weeks and will have access to dumbbells, but not barbells, stability balls or steps. I am looking for any good DVD recommendations that would work in this situation that I could do MWF, about 30-60 mins in length. Thanks!

It is the Shock Training System and you are going to be shocked no matter what you do to prep :p Having said that, I personally might do the pyramids or if you have P90X, the chest and back workout would be good prep for all the pushups in Meso 1.

As Jane posted, check out the Gym Style series. I have the ones below and they really prepared me for STS.

GS: Back, Shoulders, Biceps
GS: Chest and Triceps
GS: Legs

Many of the exercises in these only use dumbells. Make sure to get the green resistance band though - that'll be perfect for you as it is used a lot in the GS upper body and it will travel well for you.

Also check out "Travel Fit" - that uses the band only and it's quite effective. I use that in hotel rooms when I travel.

What day will you be starting? Pam and I just started this past Monday - we're over in the "STS - DEAL OF THE DAY!!!" thread if you'd like to come join us. :D

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the recommendations! I don't have the Gym Style series, but I do have pyramids. I think I will do those for the days I am home, and take some other DVDs that use body weight exercises for the week I'm on vacation.

I'll be starting Monday June 11th - can't wait!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.