Stability Balls on fwonline.com

finsgirl

Cathlete
Has anyone purchased a stability ball from fwonline? What was your experience? Is it worth the (small) extra money to get the "slow deflate" balls? A new stability ball will open up so many more doors for me....pikes, another segment of Core Max, KPC abs, etc.....:p

Thanks!!

Angie

Great question, Angie! I'm curious to know the answer. I also have seen the slow-deflate ones at power-systems.com. LOL I like those colors better- I could get a pretty purple one!!

I got mine on ebay for $10. I don't get this "burst proof" or "slow deflate" stuff. I've never had a stability ball burst or deflate on me.

Uhhh, me either. I got my stability ball at Wal-Mart for like $13 and I'll be darned if I ever burst that thing - it's TOUGH! :D Of course, if I could get a pretty-colored ball, that would be worth paying extra money to me. ;)

My problem isn't that it would burst (at least I hope not!!), it's that my current ball is always flat or is too squishy. I have one video where you lay face down, with your chest on the ball, and do rows. My hands touch the ground when I'm in that position, the ball is so flat. I've tried everything I can to inflate it, I just think I need a firmer ball. I figured maybe a sturdier ball would be better- something with slow deflate is maybe sturdier? Anyone know?

Ball Diameter Person's Height
30 cm - 11.8" - Under 4'6"
45 cm - 17.7" - 4'6" to 5'0"
55 cm - 21.6” - 5’1” to 5’7”
65 cm - 25.5” - 5’8” to 6’1”
75 cm - 29.5” - 6’2” to 6’7”
85 cm - 33.5” - 6’7” and up

I found the answer to this just after I posted so I thought I'd share!

I bought my slow deflate ball from them when Cathe first indroduced stability ball workouts. It still looks the same way and it is in the same condition as the day I bought it years ago.

Edited to add: Almost every time I use my stability ball I use a sticky mat underneath (like Cathe does in her workouts) I don't want to risk having my ball burst.

I bought the slow deflate ball from fwonline quite a long time ago at least a year. I only put air in it twice. I went through a reebok one that lost its air every three days to the point it was floppy. I have a massage one? from Walmart it has held up I just dont like the pokey things. Then I have a Balley's from Avon which holds air well but is to small. I love my slow deflate Theraband ball. I just refilled it the second time to add a little as it had to have time to expand a little and I like mine firm.
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

JMO, but I think slow deflate is definitely the way to go. Our own Murph from here was sitting on her ball that was NOT slow deflate doing OH presses with 15 or 20# DB's and the ball burst sending her flying to the floor. She hurt her back and scared the crud out her cat!!! I have both a Fitness Wholesale ball and a Power System's ball. They are both nice but I like the Power System's ball the best. (Plus, it's a pretty pink. :7) When you order from them, it will say it's red, but is actually pink for the 55 CM size. Good Luck!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Debbie -

That's DEFINITELY what I'm afraid of - bursting the ball! My cats and my dogs would probably need therapy as much as I would!! LOL!

Angie

Angie~after Murph wrote to me, I told myself I would NEVER use a regular stability ball again. Also, something I forgot to mention in my post...hubby & I were doing wall squats one day with our SBs and we both heard this hissing noise and could not figure out what it was?? Here when I was doing my squats I was rolling my slow deflate ball against the sharp, wooden edge of my Body Bar rack. Duuuh! It was losing air at a very slow speed so no injury occured. That doubly re-inforced to me that I was glad I had a slow deflate! (I think our cat was in the room too!) Sooo def get a slooow deflate! :7
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.