Sports Bra with HRM sensor built in

Have you seen these? better yet, ever use one? I am curious if they work! There is no chest strap because the HRM sensor is built into the fabric! I am looking at an ad by numetrex but this is not the first time I have seen these in magazines.

I am curious if they work and give an accurate read out...since it is using a sensor that didn't come with my Polar.

After my long run Sunday, I have a 3 long cuts from my chest strap...2 on my back and 1 on my sternum They were actually hurting during the run and I don't want that bugging me during my next marathon.

Any reviews would be greatly appreciated!

I'm such a cheapskate I've never investigated one of these. Just chiming in on the chest strap sore spots after a long run! Oy. I've used the anti-chafing products and they don't seem to affect the readings at all.

How would the electronics withstand the washing machine? Granted, it would have to hold up to sweat, but to be water-logged in the laundry?

But it is a super idea!

Susan L.G.

I've wondered the same thing too. Are they compatible with Polar HR monitors and how easy are they to maintain?

I also get abrasions during my long runs from the strap (and I'm even using a wearlink which is basically elastic). The back has a ring for adjustment that's where the problem is....

Kathy G

I'm also wondering about cost.......I mean, good sports bras already cost anywhere from $40-60, & obviously we need more than one. ;-) If a Polar HRM runs around $100, & a sports bra runs around $40 conservatively, are we looking at owning 3-4 tops at $140 each? :eek:

I'm also wondering about cost.......I mean, good sports bras already cost anywhere from $40-60, & obviously we need more than one. ;-) If a Polar HRM runs around $100, & a sports bra runs around $40 conservatively, are we looking at owning 3-4 tops at $140 each? :eek:

I have a Polar sport bra that the sensor part of the strap fits into. It's work really well for me. I don't know if they still sell them; mine is about 5 years old.

Dianne

Actually, I think I saw one advertised in Her Sports magazine (more like featured as the editors "must have's") and the price was $35-$40. That is about the cost of a good sports bra anyway!

I may try to find that magazine issue and go ahead and order it.

I have a couple bras where the HRM chest strap just wouldn't stay put. To fix it, I sewed a couple tabs into the bras so the sensor is secure but still making direct contact to my chest. Then I just take the strap off, slip the sensor into the tabs and use the sensor only. If I wasn't so lazy I'd do that with all my bras because I hate that strap. It's always coming loose so I'm constantly adjusting it.

Oh and I made the tabs using material out of an old sport bra that had bounced it's last bounce;-) . It was pretty simple to do. If only my digital camera was working I'd put a picture here to show you.

I have a sensor sports bra from Lululemon. You unsnap the monitor from the strap, then snap it into the bra instead (the bra has snaps in the right place, at least for a Polar HRM). When you're done your workout you just unsnap the monitor. It's great and very comfortable. The sensor stripes look like they're painted on the fabric - anyway, there's no concern with washing, and they are lasting very well (have had the bra about 6 months).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.