Speaking of Kickboxing-DVD Advice

Hi Shadowpup,

Happy early birthday & Christmas (I'm right there with ya!). Anyway, I just wanted to add that the Real Kickboxing Bag Workout DVD Box Set includes 5 workouts on 4 DVDs: Instructional Workout Beginning Workout Intermediate Workout Advanced Workout 20 Minute Workout.

I use my handwraps every time I hit the bag, and a pair of bag gloves. The 16oz gloves tend to be a bit heavy for repetitive, fast bag work. I find that the 12oz or 14oz work well for me. BTW - many stores sell the Everlast pink bag gloves (12oz) that I've seen the ladies here on the forum hint at wanting to get. You can find them at any Academy, Sports Authority, or Dick's Sporting Goods. Some people prefer wrist-wrap heavy bag gloves over hook & loop heavy bag gloves. The wrist wrap gloves usually have open fingers and heavy padding around the knuckles. Hook & loop gloves look like the traditional boxing glove with the entire hand enclosed.

As for wrapping your hands, here is an excellent youtube video for how to wrap your hands: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcju0_qTe_A

Last edited:
What about the mixed martial arts workouts on the soon to be released (I hope, I hope!) STS shock cardio?

http://cathe.com/shock-cardio/

I know I am counting down the days until I get this series! You can still pre-order if (if you haven't already). Dec. 7 is the last pre-order day.

Vee,
Where have you seen the Body Strikes workout, and who does this workout; I am interested!

Abbygail

AbbyGail,

LOL! Was it me who spoke of Bodystrikes on this thread?

Bodystrikes is a kickbox-themed lower body workout by Ilaria Montagnani. It combines unweighted squats, lunges with kicks for a surprisingly effective low impact cardio + lower body resistance training workout. It does repeat moves, but I still find it very engaging and fun.

Her workouts are only available at collagevideo, amazon and her own website.

I recently acquired this workout and think I have never seen better kick box form or control (but I am no martial arts expert) by an instructor. Ilaria is famous for her kickboxing workouts called powerstrikes and her forza workout based on sword fighting. But this was my first workout by her and it wont be my last.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.