SNM or Cathe -- any updates on this promised feature??

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: SNM or Cathe -- any updates on this promised featur...

>I truly think everyone needs to take a deep breath and get
>some perspective on all of this!

Exactly! We will all find out sooner or later. Who cares if some people find out before others? This isn't a competition and we will all be able to see the amazing stuff Cathe and SNM are creating at one point or another. I am sure that Cathe and SNM were not meaning to hurt other peoples' feelings. I am also sure that other instructors attending Cathe's RT is not going to jeopardize anything. In fact, I am sure that it is a learning experience for them. If they pick up on a few pointers and have fun, then perhaps they can also give back to the community. The RT is supposed to be a fun place to share enthusiasm for Cathe and for fitness:) Unfortunately, I didn't make the 3 minute list, but there is always next year. That is life- and I try to live mine to its fullest. Have a wonderful weekend everyone and relax- we will find out soon!
:D

You can't please all of the people all of the time...
But Cathe and SNM have pleased me EVERYTIME!
You guys do an amazing job, and being a person who runs a VERY SMALL business I don't envy anyone trying to make more than 18 or 20 people happy at once :)
Keep up the fabulous work - and thank you for being such strong supporters and educators in fitness!!
--Laura

I for one am looking forward to all the new fantastic workouts coming our way. It doesn't matter to me about when or how I know, I just want the workouts in hand when they come available.

I'm so excited about this. Thank you for the update SNM and all you do.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

"We have always kept our customers more informed about our new projects than any other company I know and this time will be no exception. Cathe has answered nearly 6000 threads and thousands of emails which is more than any other instructor in the world. In fact, it may be more than all the other instructors combined.
Our behind the scenes blog was an industry first, and a tremendous amount of time and effort goes into making it."
Damned Straight! I'm in the entertainment industry and I can tell you with certainty that very few companies would even allow their artists/talent to give the level of information, hands on interaction with their customers/fan base and requests for input as Cathe/SNM. There are just too many people to please and you can't please them all. It's impossible.

First were asking for a road trip. They give it to us. (I've never been able to go though). We ask about upcoming video information, they give us WAY MORE than most companies would ever allow because if ANYTHING gets delayed or changes, it's always-always hell to pay. Cathe was injured last year and the taping was delayed which just about set off a forum riot to the point where she had to shut a thread down because things had become very ugly. (I'm sure many of you remember).

Incentives are offered and those who can't take part get upset. That's natural. Of course, we'd all like to be in the know. Cathe/SNM is really something special and we all like being a part of it and getting the inside info. After all, we who buy everything she puts out there feel that we have helped to build the business. I'm sure Cathe & SNM (If I may speak for you for a moment) are grateful to all of us. They never said that we wouldn't find out anything until after the road trip.(sorry for the bad grammar)

I don't know when we'll find out anything but they can't tell us what they don't know for sure. There is NO upside for them to do that. If something changes or is delayed, we (and they) already know people will get upset.

I check this site everyday also, hoping for an announcement. I'll continue to do so and my credit card is so hot it's almost jumping out of my wallet waiting for the pre-sale. But Cathe is more than what she is to us. She has a life. SNM says that BOTH of her sons are graduating this week. I wish them all well and encourage Cathe to take-five to enjoy this time with her family.

Once again, fitness friends, this is just MY viewpoint.

SNM, your customer service is absolutely the best and surpasses anything else I have ever seen. Thank you for all you do to make us feel like we're part of the family. :*

Teals

I am comfortable with Amy and A-Jock voicing their concerns directly on Cathe.com. Going directly to the source is the best thing for the customer and the business. Both posts were passionate but neither post was rude. I have to admit that I was a little uncomfortable with the first response by SNM. I just gave things a little time, followed SNM’s responses, and now I understand a bit better. I think that customers need to be able to address their concerns, as well as, their praises. It appeared to me that SNM understood the value of Amy’s and A-Jock’s feedback. I’m glad that they didn’t respond with “take a deep breath” and “chill”.

This customer base is so large that it would be hard to please everyone all the time. When concerns do arise, I appreciate SNM being able to address the situation.

For what it's worth,

jordan

Quote:

"I feel bad for Cathe and SNM because it seems the more they try to share information and respond to inquiries the more "high maintenance" the forum's posters become"

So true!

Can I just say,

While I've only been on these forums a comparatively short time, I'm still thrown when these same old 'issues' crop up. Is it really life and death whether some find out about updates a couple days before/after others do?

I'm not saying you always have to agree about everyone's business practices ALL THE TIME but as long as it's not a LIFE AND DEATH issue, what's with this 'I spend so much money and I deserve this, that and the other' attitude? It's not as if you're awaiting the results of medical tests!!

Cathe/SNM have already done oodles with maintaining the website/blog/catalogue/forums.

I also agree with these posters’ comments:

"Amy Bento and Tracy Stahle have both attended the same trip and Tracy is planning on attending the upcoming roadtrip. They both have planned or announced new workout videos around the same time frame as Cathe (more than once). So I understand why SNM and Cathe would rather be quiet or give very little details until it is almost completed. The one thing that is taught in business school is that competition is always around the corner, usually within 6months someone will copy or do something better than your business to compete and sway customers."

"First were asking for a road trip. They give it to us. (I've never been able to go though). We ask about upcoming video information, they give us WAY MORE than most companies would ever allow because if ANYTHING gets delayed or changes, it's always-always hell to pay. Cathe was injured last year and the taping was delayed which just about set off a forum riot to the point where she had to shut a thread down because things had become very ugly. (I'm sure many of you remember)."

Yep, I remember all too well.x(

Please, please, please tell me that as we ALL wait, there's MUCH MORE to concern ourselves about in the meantime.

Over and out...

sounds like a nice little treat for the attendees. I have been exercisng with cathe for 4 years, own all her dvds etc etc...does not bother me as far as that group hearing details first. I believe we will all be able to purchase these products/services at the same time, whether you are a road tripper or not.

Longtime lurker here.

I just have to chime in and say how embarassed I am for people who think the world revolves around their feelings.

How do you get to the place where you feel you are entitled to everything/anything that other people have/get just because you want it??

You will get the same opportunites/info the roadtrippers get, but perhaps a few hours later.

Maybe the people who are upset over this should take a good look at themselves and their lives and figure out how something so inconsequential could end up making them upset this way.

I know I'll get flamed for saying this, but maybe your worlds are a little too small, if an issue like this is a problem for you.

Go out and help someone in need, and I promise you, you'll forget all about being "shafted" by Cathe.

P.S. I'm not a going on the road trip, and I too, have almost all of Cathe's stuff.

Jordan, I'm with you on this. Amy and A-jock should voice their displeasure here...not somewhere else. Doesn't matter if ANYONE agrees with them or not (I can see their point and also SNM's and Cathe's dilemna, too). And I see no problem with Amy Bento or Tracy (don't recall her last name) attending an RT. I kind of like it that instructors who are popular with many of us will get together at all!
Remember Amy was accused of being a knock-off of Cathe (I thought so at first, too), but she certainly isn't...she has such a different style and flavor...nothing like Cathe in my book. Bet they all learn a lot from each other:D!

*****And as for Amy and Tracy going on the RT - "weird" and "creepy" sounds like a hateful way to characterize that. If they enjoy being with others who enjoy working out - and they like Cathe's workouts - what on earth in wrong with going on the RT?*****
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously???? I think it was extremely WEIRD, CREEPY, and UNPROFESSIONAL of them to attend another instructor's road trip - unless they let Cathe know in advance they were new instructors breaking into the industry. It was totally disrespectful to Cathe. And deceitful.

Further - I think people are frustrated by the complete lack of communication as of late. One minute - there is a plethera of information - the next - it is a wasteland!

I appreciate Cathe is busy - I have a full time job - kids "graduating" - and a billion other things going on - yet I manage to fullfill all my obligations. Maybe one of the background girls could fill in when Cathe's personal life gets in the way of her forum?

But go ahead and bash me - I'm someone without a high post count - so having been a long time lurker here - I totally expect to be trashed. Or completely deleted.

As long as a person is respectful in their post they usually will not be bashed for stating their opinion on our site. I think you will find most of forum members are very nice people and very respectful of others opinions, but like any forum there is no such thing as 100%.

But to answer your question about the lack of updates as we and Cathe have stated previously we’re not ready to begin the behind the scenes yet on the new workouts. A little over a week ago (June 8th) Cathe also stated that the filming had not yet begun and that she was not ready to release more information as of that time.So it is not as if there has not been updates. To give numerous updates that there are no updates would just be silly.

We have a timeline that we’re following on the release of our new DVD’s and we’re sorry if it does not meet your expectations. Very few companies in the world provide as much information about their company and new products in development as we do. But this does not mean that we tell our customers everything about what we do and when we’re going to do it. To do so would be foolish. Also, customers expecting updates on a presale that has not begun nor in which they have paid any money just doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

The information we provide on this website is free for our customers, it is not to us. We spend a lot of time and money in running our site and we hope the information we provide is informative and entertaining to our visitors. But please remember this is a free site and thus there should be no expectations of being “owed” information.

Shortly, we will begin our behind the scenes updates on our blog, but it will be done on the timeline we have chosen and planned. So please be patient, the wait is almost over.
:)

Holy cow. I'm certainly not going to bash you because of your post count, but I am going to tell you what a snotty little craphead you are.

Cathe's personal life and business far outweigh any "obligations" to this forum. This forum is a nice little perk for her fans, IMO. The fact that she takes time out to talk to us is pretty damn awesome.

I usually don't get in the middle of the clucking hen fest around here, but WTF? What balls to say "...when Cathe's personal life gets in the way of her forum."

Some of y'all need to wipe your snotty little noses. http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/181204/crybaby.gif[/img] We aren't going to be left out of jack squat. We'll get plenty of info in plenty of time.

And as for Amy and Tracy going on the RT - "weird" and
>"creepy" sounds like a hateful way to characterize that. If
>they enjoy being with others who enjoy working out - and they
>like Cathe's workouts - what on earth in wrong with going on
>the RT?

The "creepy" or "weird" aspect of this is that these individuals are going on the RT and then releasing their own workouts...the assumption is that they could be using info and ideas pulled from the RT for their own profit. (I think this behavior conjures up the words "pathetic" and "wannabe" rather than creepy and weird though! :) )

>The "creepy" or "weird" aspect of this is that these
>individuals are going on the RT and then releasing their own
>workouts...the assumption is that they could be using info and
>ideas pulled from the RT for their own profit. (I think this
>behavior conjures up the words "pathetic" and "wannabe" rather
>than creepy and weird though! :) )

I think that's an insult to both Tracey and Amy. For one thing, they already have their upcoming workouts planned. For another, they are trying to make their mark in the fitness industry, not be another Cathe. And thirdly, no instructor comes up with all their ideas out of the blue. They are all influenced by what they see others do.

I'm hoping that Tracey and Amy don't see this thread, as it could make them feel uncomfortable going on the roadtrip.

>Seriously???? I think it was extremely WEIRD, CREEPY, and
>UNPROFESSIONAL of them to attend another instructor's road
>trip - unless they let Cathe know in advance they were new
>instructors breaking into the industry. It was totally
>disrespectful to Cathe. And deceitful.

Both Amy and Tracey attended the last road trip, and from what I heard, at least Amy and Cathe talked about what is involved in preparing a workout DVD, with Cathe giving Amy tips on where to get clothing, etc. I think Cathe is well aware that both Amy and Tracey are instructors.

It's presumptuous of people here to assume some nefarious purpose for Amy and Tracey's attendance, other than they are Catheites like everyone else.

No doubt, Kathryn!

Hell, I've even seen regular ole fitness enthusiasts here who want to be instructors at their local gyms begging Cathe for tips.

This thread is crazy.

Perhaps Cathe is Amy and Tracey's role model. What a great thing!:)
Karen

It's not any weirder, creepier, or more unprofessional than other people in other career fields collaborating and having mentoring relationships. Is it weird or creepy for me to work with people in my profession that have been doing it longer than I have? I'd be disappointed if Cathe kept her vast amount of knowledge and experience to herself. She's not a Cylon*--she can't just download into a new body when this one wears out. ;) By working with instructors that are newer in the field than she is, she's passing along her skills and know-how. Plus, she's just building up good karma, if you buy into that kind of thing.

* There are times that I wonder. Haha.

That was very well said.
Another reason why Cathe is my role model!

Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.