Slow and Heavy 2

AKirkland

Cathlete
I'd like to propose another Slow and Heavy series for those of us that are focusing on HEAVY weight lifting for maximum muscle building. There's just no topping the slower tempo and only working a couple of body parts per day to totally fatigue the muscle.

I read some interesting research lately in the book "Astro Fit" by William Evans, fitness and nutrition expert for NASA. He shows excellent muscle gains by using two counts on the positive and six counts on the negative - an option Cathe mentions in the first series. I've been using them this way and have been impressed with the results. Please Cathe?

YES! YES! YES! No ... this is not one of those shampoo/organic experiences commercials ... this is me agreeing with another Slow & Heavy series!!!! To build new muscle, you must lift to exhaustion of the muscle.

Carol
:)

I've just started the Slow Burn training method (10 count postitive and 10 count negative movements) and really love this way of working out. It hits deep muscle fibers you just don't get from a fast high rep workout...not even Cathe's Slow and Heavy series. It also takes up less workout time. Since the book offers very few exercises for home exercisers, I've made up routines using exercises from Cathe's videos. I would love to have some Cathe Slow Burn videos/DVD's.

I've been using the current Slow and Heavy with a 3 count down, 5 count up count, and that works quite well. Since it's possible to "play" with the reps on the current S&H workout (I also do 4 up, 4 down, 6 down, 2 up, hardly ever the 2 down/6 up as the negative seems too fast), I'd like to see a Slow and Heavy with a variation. Perhaps a preexhaust Slow and Heavy (which would help compensate for the fact that it's difficult to go REALLY heavy while workout out at home, unless you have a spotter or some other safety protocol set up, which most of us don't, I would imagine). Or a slow and heavy with a 3 up/3 down count (though I'm not sure where the music would come from!).

"Slow and Heavy 2" would be a perfect pairing with a "light weight/hi rep" workout that is also a popular request. The premixes between these two could also be quite interesting (1 set slow and heavy followed by a light and hi super set, for example).

Glad to see I'm not the only Slow and Heavy fan! I also like the three day split instead of upper and lower body. Gives you more time to work on a specific area. The only other Cathe series like this is Pure Strength, so I'm hoping it's time for another! :D

Oops, Angela, I just saw your post after doing a new post of my own. But maybe the more posts the better. Then Cathe will get the message: we want more slow and heavy!! Hard gainers unite!! :)

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE another slow and heavy.
It would be even better if it used something like the Slow Burn method. Something like 6 counts up 6 counts down.

Please Cathe give us who love Slow and Heavy something to look forwrd to!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.