Slide & Glide voted Best Boredom Buster

nikkigiovanni

Cathlete
In the March issue of Fitness Magazine, Cathe's Slide & Glide was voted Best Boredom Buster in their list of the 10 best new DVDs. I was glad to see her on the list. I get a little irritated when I see lists like that and she's not on there. IMO, she should be on every magazine's list of the top workout DVDs.

Thats for Sure!!! But, even if she's not on the top of those lists, she will always be on the top of ours!!!:D

Oh my gosh! I TOTALLY agree! This is my go-to giggle workout! It's sooo darned much fun! It makes me feel happy just to be doing it!

Go Cathe!!!

Pam

Just curious what are the other ones? I don'r get that magazine (just Fitness RX and Muscle & Fitness Hers)

susanzabo said:
Just curious what are the other ones? I don'r get that magazine (just Fitness RX and Muscle & Fitness Hers)

The others were:

Bob Harper: Totally Ripped Core (voted Awesome Ab Blaster)

Personal Training with Jackie: 30 Day Fast Start (voted Supershaper)

Amy Dixon: Breathless Body (voted Mega Calorie Melter)

The Bar Method Super Sculpting Workout (voted Best Trouble-Zone Tamer)

Jillian Michaels: Ripped in 30 (voted Perfect Circuit)

Billy Blanks: PT 24/7 (voted Kickboxing Champ)

Tonique Mat Workout (voted Lower-Body Transformer)

10 Pounds Down: Better Body Blast (voted Total-Body Timesaver)

Shiva Rea: More Daily Energy (voted Yoga Master)

The others were:

Bob Harper: Totally Ripped Core (voted Awesome Ab Blaster)

Personal Training with Jackie: 30 Day Fast Start (voted Supershaper)

Amy Dixon: Breathless Body (voted Mega Calorie Melter)

The Bar Method Super Sculpting Workout (voted Best Trouble-Zone Tamer)

Jillian Michaels: Ripped in 30 (voted Perfect Circuit)

Billy Blanks: PT 24/7 (voted Kickboxing Champ)

Tonique Mat Workout (voted Lower-Body Transformer)

10 Pounds Down: Better Body Blast (voted Total-Body Timesaver)

Shiva Rea: More Daily Energy (voted Yoga Master)

Seriously? I think more of the LIS workouts should've made the list. I agree with the rest, I get annoyed when I don't see her workouts on these type of lists.

jdimascio said:
Seriously? I think more of the LIS workouts should've made the list. I agree with the rest, I get annoyed when I don't see her workouts on these type of lists.

I think so too. The LIS workouts could have easily made up most of the list.

I'm sure that, as with everything else, there is some politicking that goes on behind the scenes, as everyone is competing to sell their product. IMO, these lists are more reflective of good PR, rather than good workouts.

I agree with the vote! It's such a FUN workout! The time flies by so fast but yet, you get worked sooo hard! Love, love this workout!

As she should be :) So glad it's on there. In my opinion Cathe should have all the top 10 workout videos :)

I always wonder if there isn't a little editorializing going on, you know? I've seen some top 10 lists in the past that had me rolling my eyes hardcore. I can't believe how many people I know who have not heard of Cathe. Their loss! :p

You guys are such cynics.

I think the list is perfect for the audience targetted by the article and magazine, that's the whole point. It was not a list targetting Cathe addicts. It's not for people who believe in going hard and all out or just go home. It's for your average female exerciser who maybe works out three times a week and needs encouragement.

I am happy for Cathe that she made the list but really, there's a whole world out there in fitness beyond catheland.

Clare

maddiesmum said:
You guys are such cynics.

I think the list is perfect for the audience targetted by the article and magazine, that's the whole point. It was not a list targetting Cathe addicts. It's not for people who believe in going hard and all out or just go home. It's for your average female exerciser who maybe works out three times a week and needs encouragement.

I am happy for Cathe that she made the list but really, there's a whole world out there in fitness beyond catheland.

Clare

Yeah we Cathe addicts just can't help ourselves. We need help, lol. In all seriousness, I can appreciate the talents of other instructors as well. Cathe's workouts are not all that I do. I also like and do workouts by Jeanette Jenkins, Turbofire, Michelle Dozois and a few others. I just think that Cathe is good enough that at least one of her workouts should make the "list" if she has new DVDs out. I just feel like she's too good to be overlooked as she sometimes is. Nothing to get so serious about that we start calling others cynics and addicts. That's just rude.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.