Shrinking Violets Check-in for March 4-10, 2007

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
Happy Sunday, Violets! Welcome to a new week. I hope everyone has a great one!

This was my rest day. I slept late this morning, meditated on the Psalms, worked on my Breaking Free Bible study, and got ready for church. Thankfully, a deacon met me at my car with a golf cart because I was too tired to walk to the building. I decided after a few minutes that I was too tired to be there at all, so I returned home and took a long nap. I felt good enough to do my grocery shopping later this afternoon.

I was not hungry all day. I snacked on fruit and raw Brazil nuts late this afternoon and enjoyed a steaming hot bowl of steel-cut oatmeal with natural peanut butter and raw honey tonight. I managed to do one load of essential laundry. Other than that, I did not accomplish much of anything.

I am steaming some brown rice for tomorrow. As soon as it is ready, I need to finish packing my meals and snacks, relax in a warm bubble bath, and call it a day. I am hoping that I will have enough energy to do Low Max in the morning. I am planning to make every effort to stick with my rotation as closely as possible. There is no time for down time in March!

Hugs to Jean, Kali, Kim, Maeghan, and Wendy.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Good morning. Hope you are feeling better Heather!

I had a WONDERFUL time in NYC! There are two pics on the pic trail, more will come. I saw some really sexy FDNY firemen in action! I was in my glory! I need to move there so I can join and hang out with them!! Whoa baby!
Nancy and AMy are beautiful people and their DH's are great! Wonderful time!

We walked ALL OVER Manhattan on Sat, so I am counting that as a WO LOL! Not sure what is up today, but it will have to be later.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hi girls.

I had a fun weekend but it's left me completely unmotivated for my work outs! I have chest and back on tap to start off phase 3 of the X and would also like to hit the gym tonight for a run. I currently want to do NONE OF IT!:eek: ACK! DS just went down for a nap so I have some time to "talk myself into" Chest and Back/ARX atleast...

I'll be back later.

Shrinking Violets Check-in

I am confident that I am dealing with allergies from the dust storm because Benadryl at night is knocking it out. It knocks me out too, which is why I only take it at night. I slept like a baby last night and woke up this morning feeling good enough to give Low Max a whirl. I did not give it my all, but I enjoyed a fun workout. My legs got worked out for sure. I love, love, love Low Max. It has fun choreography with a few new moves or new twists on old favorites. I simply adore the reverse mambos and mambos in different directions. There are enough pivots and turns in this one to keep me happy as well. This is a delightful workout. I prefer the intensity of IMAX3, but this is good for a change.

I endured another stressful day at work. My eating was clean again today, so stress eating is not an issue for me right now. My meals and snacks are packed for tomorrow. It is time to enjoy a warm bubble bath, take another Benadryl, and recharge for Muscle Max tomorrow morning.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

So I finally talked myself into Chest and Back and ARX y'day afternoon and then I added on a 40 min Itread at the gym last night. Holy cr@p! I was beat by the time I got home! I actually ended up taking 2 ibuprofen last night cause I ended up feeling run down and achey. I think it helped. :)

Today I am contemplating L&G...}( }( }(

Hey Meg...You had mentioned that you were going to send me back HSTA. Did you put it in the mail yet? I'm not neccessarily in a rush for it. I just want to know if I should expect it yet or not. Thanks!:)

So is it COLD enough for all of the northeasterners this morning? BRRRRRR!

Good morning everyone.

Yesterday was an extra rest day. I 've got knee issues starting so today I did Double Upper body premix from BM2. Not sure what to do about cardio this week because of the knee. It's not really a pain, just a "feeling". Some times feels like a tightness other times it feels strange. Like when I drive, it feels like someone is pouring water over it. Since I worked out pretty well the past 8 weeks, I will probably take this week as a recovery week and not do too much and see how it feels.

Heather, glad you are starting to feel better. Rest up for ME. I did that on Sat.

Maeghan, your trip sounds nice.

Wendy, glad you found your motivation. Hope you're not coming done with something. So is Itrain, like Cardio Coach?

Kim, now that your back to working out, how's the foot?

Kali, how's it going with the change in workouts (less lower body)?

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Jean

Hi everyone. So far, I have completed Hip Hugger Abs. There are some really good isolation moves in it. I liked it. Going to wait and see if I feel it later. I will do more as the day goes on. Squeeze it in when I can.

Wendy- yep, it's in the envelope!! LOL! I will drop it in the mail tomorrow! Thanks again! Good job getting that in yesterday! I didn't!

Jean- take care of that knee! Double UB is tough!

Heather- hope you aren't getting sick and that it is just allergies.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

Meg, So you bought the new beachbody product I see? How many of the work outs have you done so far? No problem re: HSTA. I was just curious so I'd know when to look for it. Thanks. :)

Kali, Come back! We miss you!

Jean, Have you ever thought about taking glucose for your knees? I swear by it now !!!!

Heather, How's it going??

Kim, You too girl! Come back!!!!

Okay...off to tackle L&G now...my upper body is already screaming at me because of C&B y'day so now I wonder if it will be the lower body's turn tomorrow!? }( }( }(

Later chicas!:7

LOL, you are exactly right, Meg! I'm sooo confused lately. I can't keep anything straight! :7 :p :7 OMG Meg, not to be an enabler but you MUST get your mitts on the X workouts SOME HOW!!!! OMG! It's soooo freakin' awesome!!!}(

Okay, Legs and Glutes is done! It's been ages since I did that one. I loved it! Love it more now then I ever used to even! }(

TTYL!:)

After another restful night of sleep, I woke up feeling much better today. I still have a tickle in my throat and some mild congestion in my head, but I am definitely on the mend.

I enjoyed Muscle Max this morning after my quiet time. It is not as much fun as Supersets, but there is something about it that I love. I think it is the band work. I love the use of the stability ball in Supersets and the band in Muscle Max. Yes, that is it! I like creative weight training workouts. I am hoping that this is a good indication that I will like the Gym Styles when I experience them for the first time next week.

I bounced on my rebounder tonight. My meals and snacks are packed for tomorrow. I actually have time to relax before bedtime. I am still in the process of paring down my collection of workout videos. I have been watching some of my old FIRM videos. Oh my! These videos are funny to watch after working out with Cathe for so long. They are so formal and scripted. Welcome to Stepford! I may actually plan to do a FIRM week later this month just for fun.

Jean, I hope your knee feels better. Listen to your body, and take care of yourself.

Maeghan, did you do another workout today?

Wendy, what rotation are you planning to do next?

Kali and Kim, I miss y’all.

Blessings,
Heather B.

Good Morning Heather and all who follow.

Heather, Glad you are feeling better these days. I sold all of my old work outs on Ebay a while back...Firm included. If I had more storage room I probably would have held on to some of them but I'm limited so I decided they had to go! I love Muscle Max as well! Great work out! What will I do post X? Gosh, I have no idea!LOL I have had soooo many ideas whirling around in my head. I KNOW it's going to be a struggle to pick something and stick to it!x(

So I have Shoulders and Arms/ARX on tap for nap time and step class this evening. Tomorrow is yoga day. I am still sore from Chest and Back so I may change things around a bit to give my upper body another day of rest before hitting S&A. I'll come back and let you know what I did after it's done. I'll probably change my mind about 50 times before I actually DO IT anyway! LOL ;) :7 :p

I am ready for another cup of java so I'll ttyl!:)

Good morning everyone.

This morning I got up and went for an hour long walk with the dog. The trees are blooming and the birds are singing. Spring is right around the corner.

Heather, I did one of my old Firm tapes awhile back and I was so uncoordinated. I had to laugh, because when I first started with Cathe, I felt I would never learn her steps. Now her's just all flows toghether and now the Firm just doesn't make sense. Of course it could just be me and my lack of coordination and inability to switch things around too much.

Wendy, I need to check into the glucosamine. I have a bottle left over from my dog, but I think I better get my own. I know you can give some human medications to pets, but I'd rather not treat myself as a guinea pig by taking animal medication. LOL.

Hello to Maeghan, Kali and Kim. What's on tap this week for you?

Jean

Hey ladies. I did LIC UB and abs today. I hope to do the TM later, but I am also going to my cousins to hang out.. Just the girls, so we will see how well I can manage my time.

Jean- no blooming trees here! I envy your weather! So freakin cold. Atleast it is supposed to warm up this weekend.

Heather- how are you feeling today? i did not get in another WO last night. Was exhausted. Oh well.

Wendy- you are really frying them up with P90x! Good for you. Have a good class tonight, no falling please!!!LOL!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics to NYC GTG and Christmas Albums 3/6/07

Meg: Well, so far today I am frying NOTHING up I tell ya! LOL I just don't have any motivation to work out! ACK! I will do something later but I will probably have to really force myself! I hate when this happens!:-( Have fun with the girls tonight!:)

Jean: Nah, wouldn't reccommend taking the dog's pills! LOL Like by Meg, there are no birds chirping here either! It's been snowing all day!!! Lightly, but snowing nonetheless!x(

I was tired this morning, so I went back to sleep for 30 minutes after my quiet time. I wanted to do a Kick Max premix, but my upper body was too sore from Muscle Max. I did not have enough energy to jump around, so I did the IMAX3 step premix. Fun, fun, fun. This is a fantastic 30-minute step workout. I adore the dancy choreography, and the intensity is perfect for a cardio workout even without the blasts. When I do not have time for Rhythmic Step in full and want something longer than the challenge, this is a great choice. Speaking of Rhythmic Step, there is one move in IMAX3 that starts out like a Rhythmic Step move. It is hard for me to not finish it the Rhythmic Step way! I could do that workout in my sleep! IMAX3 is one of my all-time favorite Cathe workouts. It is intense enough to do the shorter premixes, and the workout as produced is a blast. When I get to goal, I will give the blast premix a whirl!

My eating was clean today. I bounced on my rebounder tonight. My meals and snacks are packed for tomorrow, and I am wrapping up my day early enough to enjoy some relaxation time before bedtime again.

Wendy, are you still studying to be a personal trainer? If I get to New Jersey this summer, you can practice on me. ;-)

Jean, the weather is beautiful! I love it! :7

Maeghan, I am feeling better. I still have a tickle in my throat, a hint of a cough every now and then, and sniffles.

Blessings,
Heather B.

Morning Girls!

Heather, I've done the step only premixes of the IMAXES. Fun. Glad you enjoyed it. Yes, I am studying to be a PT. I'd be more then happy to "practice" on you if you make to NJ this summer!}( ;) :7 If I pass the test, I should actually officially be certified by then!

Meg, Good job fitting in your work out y'day! How was the girls' night? I got my butt to the gym for a step class last night so I am satisfied. :)

I have to do Shoulders and Arms/ARX this afternoon since I blew it off y'day. Then tonight it's yoga. I am looking forward to the yoga, let me tell you! I need it bad this week!

Morning all.

This morning was the upper body and abs portion of MIS. Nice solid workout. Can't match Cathe on her weights though. She was a powerhorse in this one. I don't remeber if I had ever done any of MIS before. I keep forgeting that there are other workouts on some of the DVD's. I do PH, but don't think to do MIS or Body Max. I guess I can only read the Bold letters, LOL. I need to make a list of everything I have and rotate through them better. I just keep doing the same ones over and over missing out on pre-mixes and such. Hope everyone is doing well this week. The weekend is almost here. Yeah. Hope our beautiful weather lasts til then. Gotta run.

Jean

Good morning! I am so happy I got my TM WO in last night. The plan is B&G, or atleast the B part, and yoga. That is the plan anyway.

Have great WOs, gotta take CHase to school. Very upset with his mouth today. He is being so bold and rude, and he is 4! Need to put a stop to it, like, NOW!

Wendy- I had a nice time last night, but stayed out till 1:30am!! Oh my! Oh well, I am still young lol!!

Jean- send that nice weather here willya???

Heather-you are doing so well! Hope that tickle in your throat goes away!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics to NYC GTG and Christmas Albums 3/6/07

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.