Shrinking Violets Check-in for January 15-21, 2007

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

Sorry for the late post. It's been a busy day and I just did not have time to get on the computer even on my lunch. This morning I was feeling bad for the dog because she has been couped up in the house for several days due to our frigid weather. I decided to bundle up and take her for a jog. I can't believe I did that. I'm not a cold weather person. It was around 30 degres, but once I got going we were fine. I just did a mile and then came home and did mix & match from Cardio & Weights to complete an hour's worth of working out.

Heather, hope your weather has cleared up. We may get some more winter mix this weekend.

Wendy, I enjoy working out first thing in the morning. I just crawl out of bed, throw on a workout outfit and "get er done". If I don't do it first thing, I usually don't find time to fit it in later(or make up more excuses why I can't fit it in. LOL). Jogging outside when it is still dark was a little weird, but I like it now it. I prefer it to be a little warmer though and I don't like to jog in the dark without the dog.

Kali, glad you got you computer fixed. Hope everything is going well.

Kim, how are you doing? Is the foot holding up with your workouts.

Maeghan, did you get your cardio in? Hopefully tonight you can get a good night's rest.

Sunnydelite, how's the PT coming? Are you able to work it around your current job?

Not sure yet what's on tap for tommorrow.

Have a good evening.

Jean

Shrinking Violets Check-in

After my Cathe cardio party yesterday morning and a hot shower, I went to work for a few hours. It was warm enough after lunch to start melting the ice on the road, but clearing the ice from my car was a big adventure. I rolled down a window, and a solid “window” of ice remained. I had fun punching it out. It appears that kickboxing has some practical application! Clearing the side windows was fun. The front windshield was more challenging. My gloves were soaked by the time I scraped off the thick layer of ice with my fingers. It took a whole hour! Are the Northern girls laughing at me yet? I was told today that a plastic spatula is much more effective.

I rested last night and went to bed early. I slept through the night and started feeling better this morning, but I had a lot of congestion in my head. After my quiet time, I did High Step Circuit for the first time. It did not rock my world. This is one of Cathe’s intermediate workouts. This was the first time I worked out with tubing that has handles. I like the green band Cathe uses in the new workouts better. I definitely prefer Low Impact Step and Body Fusion. I am not wild about High Step Training either. I am a choreography lover at heart. I do love Boot Camp, High Step Challenge, and Drill Max. They are athletic with a high fun factor. I am a fun-loving girl. I wrapped up my workout with the bonus stability ball abs.

I am under the weather again tonight. I cannot seem to shake this cough, I am still sneezing, and my cycle started tonight on top of that. I am going to curl up with my favorite quilt. Hopefully, I will feel better in the morning. Thankfully, tomorrow is Friday.

Please pray for healing. I have been battling this for a week now. I need to start eating more fruits and veggies.

Jean, I am sick of winter weather! I am definitely dreaming of warmer and brighter days.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

FINALLY I got a decent WO in. I started with Supersets UB and abs, then did DM cardio, right into PUB abs and stretch. I also threw in some extra LB stretches. I plan on doing cardio and LB tomorrow, and a walk with my friend in the AM.

Heather,I hope you feel better. Sweet dreams.

Jean- I wish I could go out an jog in the Mornings. Although, below zero may be a taaaad bit to cold! I just can't get my butt moving.

Good night ladies.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hey! Guess what? It's Friday.

Just in case you forgot or something.

So I am planning on cardio and LB today. I felt so good last night after my WO. I wish I did more. I should have done DM cardio AND ub. Oh well. I wanted to finish by 10, but I was done at 10:07. ER was a repeat so I could have gone longer.

And I am meeting my friend for a walk this morning too. My children are driving me nuts today. Just fighting and Chase is being bold!!

Wendy- are you sleeping in today????

Heather- are you frozen again?

Hi Kali and Jean and Kim!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

Hey Guys!

Meg thanks for the update on it being Friday. The kids were off Monday, and I am all messed up as far as what day it is.

Well the computer is ok. We were getting all these pop ups saying we had spyware on it and it turns out the freaking ads that they wanted us to buy to take care of it WERE THE BAD THINGS!! Could you imagine??? So DH cleared it all up and a program runs every night to pick up anything that might be in the background. It was no biggie, but it was just too annoying to even be on the dang computer.

I have not worked out all week. Shoot me please. Next week I am SERIOUSLY getting on the fitness wagon and not getting off again.
I'm still dealing with some stuff here, but it's ok. I'm just being lazy is what it is. Monday is the day tho girls. Stop shaking your heads I know I've been saying this, but I am dead serious this time. I'm at a point where my well being is affected and know I have to get it in gear. I also know checking in here keeps me accountable. No excuses anymore.

Hope everyone is well. I will talk to ya'll later.

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Happy Friday everyone. this morning was 1 mile on the TM followed by GS Legs. I had to take too many rests. Man, how I have lost endurance. It will come back slowly, but surely as long as I keep up the workouts.

Kali, welcome back. No, we are not going to shoot you. Sometimes we gently scold, but I'll give you a reprive on that until next week. Just try to work something in next week, even if it is just a couple of days. You'll get back in the habit in no time. I finally got back in the habit. Now I just have to build up my strength and endurance.

Maeghan, nice work out last night. If I worked out like that at night I would never get to sleep.

Hello to Heather, Wendy, Kim and Sunnydelite. Hope everyone has a great weekend. We are going to a Cir de Soli performance. Hope it's neat.

Jean

I just saw how I spelled Cirque du Soleil in my last post. Wow, I wasn't even close. Opps.

WO done. I did LIC lower body circuit, then added DM lower body moves, DM stretch, and then 10 min bonus segment of Rainbeau Mars Dusk Yoga. Felt good. Plus our 2 mile walk this morning. I worked my shoulders and biceps in some of the LIC moves. nothing to bad.

Jean- hehe!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

I am sore from head to toe, literally. We had a structure fire call last night at 8, and I didn't get home till 1am. My body is soooo sore. Those air packs do a number on your back, and I had the hose line a few times last night too. I realized when I put my moisturizer on my face this AM that I am wind burnt! Ouch. Oh, even my arms are sore! Crazy! I already had DOMS to begin with!!LOL Oh well, we did a good job last night. My Dad grabbed me at one point and told me to get my pack up (air) a go with him because unfortunately we had to go search for the family dog. We found him, but of course it was to late. Always so sad when that happens.

So, I have to work now, and I have to see how my body feels later as to what WO I do. I really need some yoga!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

Morning Violets.

Kali, If you don't get your butt in gear with your exercise and eating, I will kick it! I know you are scared of me so you'll shape up fast!:p ;) :7 :7 :7

Meg, Yoga or just a regulation stretch sounds like a great idea! Give your body a rest girl. You got a DOUBLE work out w/that fire call! Good job! I am so in awe of the fact that you are a fire person. Good for you!:+

Jean, So what work outs are you doing this weekend? Read what I wrote to Kali...same for you girl!;) :p :7 :7 :7

Heather, I hope you have a great weekend!

Kim, I don't know if you'll see this but I hope you are getting work outs in. I know it's hard but you really should try to carve out some niche of time that is JUST FOR YOU so that you can get even a 20-30 min work out in every day. It's sooo worth it. :)

Well, I don't remember when I last posted so I'll just rattle off my work outs since for the past couple of days...LOL!

Thursday: Spin
Friday: Leg and Back
Today: ARX + a TM run at the gym

I was supposed to do ARX y'day but ran out of time. I am going to the gym w/hubby this morning and hope that the tm run will be a long one. I don't know what my body will allow me to do since I am not running as regularly as before but I will do my best!:)

Have a great Saturday!

Mornin' Violets!

Winter has FINALLY ARRIVED here in NEPA! Good news is, spring is only about 8 weeks away :D :D

Meg, I hope you're feeling better. That rots about the dog. Good job last night tho.

Jean, did you go to the Cirque Du Soleil yet? I would love to see that!

Wendy hope you guys had fun at the gym. Yes I am afraid of you woman with very good reason! :p ;)I have figured out my rotation, I'm going back to eating like I did when I lost all my weight last year, and I will be starting Monday and not looking back.

I even have an interview Monday at a weight loss clinic to do data entry for them! It's only 12 hrs. a week for now but I can pick my own hours as long as the work is done by Friday! Is this cool or what? I'm also looking into doing data entry at home for a company that used to be down south but are now a few miles away!
The supermarket thing is just not for me. Too monotonous (sp). So Monday will be the day I "get it back in gear" so to speak.

Hello Heather, Kim, SD and anyone I missed! Have a great Saturday Ladies!

Kali

Kali, great news on the new job opportunities. That sounds perfect, picking your own hours and all. I was wondering how the grocery store gig was going because you haven't brought it up in awhile. Sorry it isn't working out like you hoped.

Maeghan, rest up, your body probably needs it. Double duty workouts, Wow. I too am in awe about you being a firewoman. You go girl.

Wendy, today was cardio at the gym with hubby. He even went yesterday by himself. (I'm so proud) Shhh! Don't tell anyone. He hates it if he finds out I've been talking about him on the computer. Don't worry about me get my workouts in. I'm back on a roll and definitely afraid of your

Tomorrow I think will be DrillMax or Cardio Fushion.

Hi Kim, Sunnydelite and Heather.

Jean

Hey Jean! Thanks. No the supermarket thing just didn't work out. My friend who hired me sort of made my shift just for me which was 9-3 and some of the girls didn't like it to much that they didn't get that shift. I'm really looking forward to this interview on Monday.
Don't worry we won't tell anyone your DH's secret. Glad you guys workout together.

Meg how are you feeling? Are you resting?

Hi Wendster. DH is going to Honduras Feb. 20 for 2-3 weeks if you feel like coming up for a visit.

Well I figured why wait till Monday to get started, and did the cardio timesaver from LIC and 10 min. of abs. It felt great. My eating is on track today too so far.

I've come up with a plan of action but I'm not going to follow a rotation day by day. I've committed myself to at least a 1 hour workout everyday. 30 min. cardio/ 30 min. weights. So we'll see how that goes.

Off to fold clothes and get the boys cleaned up to go out to eat w/ the MIL.

Enjoy the rest of the afternoon Ladies!

Kali

Good job on your work outs, Jean! LOL about your hubby. That's why I never tell DH if I've talked about him on here or not!;-)

Kali, I'd love to try to make a trip out to see ya in Feb! Email me and we'll see if we can work it out!:)

Well, I managed a 5 mile run at the gym today. I am going to be HURTIN' tomorrow! I am ALREADY sore! LOL I still have to do abs in a bit and will stretch my legs some after that. I hope I can walk tomorrow after 3 straight days of leg attack!}(

Thank goodness tomorrow is a rest day!:)

Well, I have lots to do in short time so I hafta get moving again.

Maybe I'll have time to check back later tonight. Have a good afternoon everyone!

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!! THE DOG MADE IT!!!! I found out this mornign at the diner when some of the rescue squad came in. I swore there was no way that dog survived. I am astonished, but happy. They just put oxygen in his face and after a few minutes he stuck his nose right in the mask and just started breathing! Awesome! Makes me feel really good that we found him time and saved him.
Although the news this morning said the family is saying one dog is still missing. None of us knew about a second dog, but I really don't think it is in the house. He must of gotten loose because we tore the house apart and there was nothing. Hope he got out.

So, my LB is so sore. Everywhere. My WO yesterday was good too. I think I might rest today LOL! I might try some yoga tonight though. That would probably feel great.

Kali- I am so impressed andd proud of yoU! Good luck at your interview. Is that data entry a national, or just local thing? THe one you do at home?

Jean- thanks, that's awesome about your DH. Good for him.

Wendy- NICE run! Good job, get a good stretch in too! Thanks too!

Hi Heather and Kim whereever you are!!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

Hi again. Hope everyone's weekend is going good.

Maeghan's that awesome about the dog. At least a small relief for the family.

Well we are back from the Cirque du Soleil thing. It was called Delirium. It was OK. It did have some really neat acts in. There was one that this girl uses hool-a-hoops. It was amazing. I've seen a few other Cirque du Soleil shows that I liked better as a whole. We then went to dinner with friends that we ran into there so it was a nice evening.

Jean

Good Morning Ladies.

Well today is my rest day and it couldn't be better timed after I worked my poor legs so hard the past few days!

I have finally decided pretty much for certain that I am going to get certified as a personal trainer! I am probably going to go through the same org. that my SIL did. I am excited but scared. LOL I hope to order the materials this week. I haven't been in school sice I was 19! I don't know how I am going to handle STUDYING again but if this is what I want to do, I gotta buckle down and just do it, right? It's not like 4 years of college...it should take 90 days...I can do ANYTHING for 90 days right? ;)

Okay, I'm done babbling...I'll be back later!

Morning V's!

MEG!! I am sooooo happy the doggie made it!! :):):) That is awesome! Strong little thing! I believe the data entry at home thing is national. I'll let you know soon as I find out.

Wendy, enjoy your rest day. You CAN ABSOLUTLEY become a PT!!! YES YOU CAN WOMAN!

Jean, so the show wasn't too spectacular? Oh well. At least you got to have a nice dinner w/ your friends.

DH and I went out to eat last night too. It was nice to get out of the house together alone for a while. Then we came home and watched the "Sound of Music" with the boys. I love that movie and haven't seen it in years.

I'm not sure what workout I'm doing today. I think SJP or C&W's. Then tomorrow I'll do cardio and LB. I have to get up w/ DH early and workout cause I'm getting my teeth cleaned by DB at 9:30 and my interview is at 11 so my morning is already taken up. So it'll be an early one for me tonight.

Hello to all the other Violets. Be back later.

Kali

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.