Shrinking Violets Check-in for January 1-7, 2007

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

Hey violets,

Just wanted to check in and say hey to ya girls! I have been unexpectedly been given company in a bit. My brothers are forever just calling at the last minute say what's for supper? I wish they would give me some notice! I have been running around picking up kids and had just enough energy for my workout! Well I will have to double up on my weights and the cardio planned for tomorrow.

Wendy-All of you talking about the UB in BM2 is getting me itching to order it! Yeah, I'm glad you told me about I'm not the only person that feels that yoga sometimes is a grueling workout! Do you get alot of DOMS with the double UB in BM2?

Maeghan- Hope you have a nice run girl!

Kali-I'm with you on the soreness of legs! Last night when I got off the couch I thought I was going to die! I could hardly walk!LOL! Hope you decide on what workout to do!

Jean- I hope you get to feeling better! Hopefully you won't come down with nothing!

Well I'm off to cook for my rude brothers!LOL!

See you tomorrow with a workout girls!

kim

G' mornin' violets,

today's workout will be the totalbody premix of DM and then it's off to my CPR class and then to the gym to train and then to the hairdresser. another busy, busy day for me.

ladies- thanks d encouragement on my personal training. it seems like everything happened so fast my head is spinning. i am feeling guilty about leaving my boys all the time so when i go into the gym today i am going to tell them to hold off with scheduling new clients until i can find a part time job, that would allow me time in the gym (to build up my clients) and time at home to spend with my family and to achieve other goals i've set for myself.

kali- you are baaaaaaaaaack. so glad to see you!! i hope things are going much, much better for you.

jean- how are you feeling today? are you still enjoying your DOMS, lol

meg- you have been doing some awesome workouts!!

wendy- ^^^^^ 's on the UB premix. i want to give that one a try someday but it sounds so tough and long. i hope your neck heals quickly.

heather- i too just love cathe's new calendar!! what a great motivator.

kim- i am sure your brothers aren't that rude, LOL

have a fabolous saturday everyone.....

Hope everyone's weekend is going good. This morning I got up and went to the gym with DH. I did lower body. The chest doms are subsiding, just in time for the hamstrings to start. The machines at the gym always hit me there. Tomorrow need to be a cardio day. I need to burn some calories.

Jean

Hello violets,

I have been a busy bee today and have finally gotten my workout in! I did the total body premix of DM, and boy is that a burner! I was sweating like a dog and heart was racing!LOL! Well that wasn't on the rotation I started but it gets to where I want to do the ones there are not on the rotation. Well I will see how it goes! But no matter what I will exercise!

Hope all of you violets are having a great day!

kim

Hey violets,

Just did a post over here and it didn't show up! Well basically I did the total body premix of DM and that is a burner! I was sweating buckets!LOL! I am not sticking with my rotation cause I want to do some of the workouts that aren't on the rotation. I could use the generic layout.

Hope you ladies are having a good night!

kim

Sorry about the two posts ladies! It didn't want to post the first one! Well they say the same darn thing!HeHe!

see ya,

kim

Hey ladies.

I got in about 10 mins on the TM and then my neck started bothering me so I switched over to the elliptical for another 20 mins. Tomorrow is my rest day before starting P90X on Monday!!!!

Good night!

Good Morning Girls.

I am resting today as previously posted.

All I have to do is have my DH take some before pics of me and I will do the same for him since he just started at the gym y'day!:) I will also have him assemble the chin up bar so that I can test it to make sure the house won't fall down while I'm using it! LOL :p

We are off to my SIL's this afternoon where we will FINALLY celebrate Christmas with DH's family. That is where we were slated to be on Christmas Day when the bottom fell out. We will be celebrating my MIL's B'day as well since it's coming up fast-the 11th!

Hope everyone has a great day!:)

Hello violets,

Today is cardio,but haven't quite decided on what yet. I am not sore from DM total body yesterday but sometimes it takes a day or so! Was a good workout though.

Wendy-Hope you enjoy your visit at your SIL's! Hope the neck gets to feeling better!

kim

Good morning maniacs. Sorry for my absence yesterday. I was busy, then not in a good mood last night. ANyway, I was sweating more in that TM run last night then ever before (3.75 miles). i was really trying to up my steady speed. Working on that. Was rocking out to Hinder, listened to the whole CD, then had to listen to "Get Stoned" for the drive to finish the last quarter mile. That song is a great motivator.
Not sure what WO today. I would like a total body and cardio. I am going to church first with Mom and Dad. Think I will do that every Sunday now.

Wendy- I am so excited for you starting P90x. I can't wait to hear about your progress. Is your DH going to do the program too? That is awesome. Still can't get mine off the couch. His loss!

Kim- I am like that everyday, can't decide, or have no idea what WO I am going to do!LOL Have a good one!

Hello to everyone else. Enjoy your SUnday!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Shrinking Violets Check-in

This is another late check-in for me. I am staying on track with my eating and workouts even though I have not been checking in every day! I have not checked in here since Thursday night, so this is my update for the last few days.

Friday was a gentle workout day by design. After my quiet time, I did both stability ball segments on the Total Body Stretching DVD. I love this workout and the way I feel during and after the soothing stretches. The non-equipment segment is my least favorite because there is nothing unique about it. Because Cathe incorporates those stretches in her workouts, I decided to just enjoy my favorite segments. The second segment is my absolute favorite. It is so relaxing. I like the third segment too. I love using my stability ball. It adds a fun factor for me. It is my goal to do at least one long stretch workout every week. This is one area where my rotation has been out of balance in the past. Focused ab and core work is another area, and getting one solid ab and core workout every week in addition to the shorter segments in Cathe’s workouts is another goal for 2007.

Saturday was a restful day. After my morning quiet time, I did Cardio Kicks followed by the planks and abs from Kickbox on the Ab Hits DVD. Cardio Kicks was my first Cathe workout, and it is still a favorite. It is more hi-lo than kickboxing, but I love it. I like all of Cathe’s kickboxing workouts for different reasons. This one makes me sweat even on a cold January day. The CTX Series has some great ab work. The Kickbox planks are super tough. I did my best but had to rest. My core is not as strong as it needs to be, and the extra weight is not helping.

My friend Rebecca called yesterday afternoon to share that she lost 5 pounds this week. She returned to the club and started working out in the cardio room. Both of us desire to shed 100 pounds this year. We are close to the same height and size. I am looking forward to jogging in the pool again soon. My swimsuit is way too tight after my holiday weight gain, so I decided to wait a few weeks. Rebecca is not ready to get in the pool again for the same reason. She shared with me for the first time yesterday afternoon that she has always dreamed of running too. We are hoping to reach our goals together and start running in September after the Texas heat subsides. Hopefully, both of us with be light enough to handle the impact by then. It would be so much fun to run a race with her. I am so thankful that God has provided a friend like Rebecca to enjoy this journey with me. She is really the only friend I have who is actively supporting me (aside from all the precious support I receive here). It is fun to have a friend who is willing to exercise with me.

Today was my planned rest day. I enjoyed a long nap this afternoon. I reviewed my journal and Cathe calendar for the first week of this year. I am pleased with my progress. My game plan of adopting a marathon mentality and learning to pace myself is working for me. It is fun to look at my calendar after a week and see all the workouts and colored dots. I stayed on track last week and accomplished all my workout goals for the week. This calendar is a powerful visual training tool that allows me to see at a glance where my rotation is out of balance. I am using removable stickers to mark my workouts on my calendar so I can plan a week in advance and make adjustments as needed during the week. I use color coding dots to keep track of cardio, weight training, ab and core work, and stretching. It is an easy way to see at a glance that I am getting a good balance of each of these every week. It is my goal to incorporate weight training at least twice a week as well as focused ab and core work and a long stretch segment every week. I am a cardio lover, so I naturally enjoy plenty of cardio in my rotation without planning for it.

I am ready to enjoy a warm bubble bath and wrap up this day.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Good Morning Violets!

Kim, So what cardio did you decide on y'day?

Meg, Great work out y'day! No, DH is not doing P90X with me. He just got a gym membership so he's concentrating on that right now. Down the line he may give P90X a shot though...who knows!:) Hope your boys had fun at grandma's house!

Heather, Glad to hear that the calender is such a great tool for you. I hung mine up in my work out room. I'm not using it for anything except some inspiration cause I love Cathe so much! I have a notebook I keep track of my work outs in and another calender that I write everything else on! LOL

Well, I have weighed, measured and taken pics. All I have left to do is get started! It's Chest & Back and Ab Ripper X today, ladies!*GASP!* Wish me luck! My DH put the chin up bar together for me y'day and tested it out to make sure I don't die! LOL I think I'll be okay. ;)

Have a great day!

Sounds like a good weekend Heather. Good for you for staying on track. Your friend sounds awesome and I wish the both of the best of luck. Maybe she will start checking in to?

Wendy- you are funny about that pull up bar! Have fun with P90x. Are you going to post your pics, or wait? Good luck!

Not sure what to do today. UB and cardio?? I will of course let you all know at some point LOL!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

hello lovely ladies,

well i had to change around my workouts due to my overly hectic schedule, haha. so today i did chest and abs from barry's bootcamp and tonight when i get home i will put in some time on the elliptical.

yesterday i signed up a 5k in april..wooohooo!!

ttyl....

Hi Guys.

SD- that's awesome about the 5k! Good for you! Are you enjoying your elliptical?

Meg- what did you decide on?

Heather- glad to hear you're doing well. Keep up the good work.

Wendy- how did it go? I can't wait to see the results you get.

Hi Kim and Jean! Did I miss anyone else?

I'm off to do Stepworks. I'm starting the B&G's rotation AGAIN. I'm going to incorporate the new wo's in tho. Tomorrow is BM so I'll do BM2 instead. I'll have to throw DM in there for something too.

All I ate today was some ravioli's which were not clean, but I'm not having any junk or sweets so I'm not too bummed about that. Tomorrow I'm going to get back to my old boring menu tho just till I get back down a few pounds. It's now or never. Spring will be here before we know it!

Talk to you guys later. Have a good afternoon everyone!

Kali
www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Hey Ladies!

Well DH put the chin-up bar together wrong so in order to save the walls in my house I had to use an alternate method until he comes home and fixes his mistake. I COULD have fixed it no problem but he was all over creation looking for the proper size tool to use to put this thing together! I KNOW I wouldn't find it so I didn't even try! LOL I went out and picked up one of those over the door bands and used that instead. I wasn't wild about it though so I'm hoping once he puts the bar together PROPERLY I will be able to use it and then I can return the band...yes, I'm evil...I said RETURN the band! I used it but they will never know the difference!!!*evil grin*

So I have officially started P90X...I'm not as scared as I was now that I've gotten a taste of it. It's TOUGH but since you go at your own pace, it's doable! I'm excited to see what it will do for me!}(

Time for a shower...catch y'all later! :)

Got a good WO in ladies. I did HSTA cardio and UB, then tacked on just the cardio premix again, did a quick stretch, and then did The Method Pilates Target Toning with Jennifer Kries. I did the arms and abs sections. WO was just under 90 min. Wanted to do the pilates for something different. Felt really good, as an add on, and good for stretching too. I wan't sure I was going to make it thru the power scissors in HSTA (twice by the way) after B&G yesterday.

Kali- dont you hate it when the menu gets boring?? Atleast no more Christmas cookies around!

Wendy- too funny! Good job,a nd you are a smart cookie!

SD- hope you get your elliptical in. I thinkk I missed something, but did you get the job as a trainer at the gym?

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

Hey violets,

I am checking in late today with picking dd up at practice. I am having a terrible headache in my eyes. I have had it since since this afternoon! I hope it will subside in a bit. When i can tonight I will try to do a circuit workout. I am thinking on HSTA, but I may be reaching too high right now! We'll see!

Wendy-I started out wanting to do KPC w/u and intermidiate drill, then Bootcamp cardio and CK punching drills. Well I had to stop for a phone call and by the time I got off I was in no mood to start back up! I did manage to get the part of kpc done. Better than nothing huh?

I am going to lay down now so I can get a workout in later tonight!

Hello to all the violets!

kim

Meg, ^5's on another awesome work out!

Kim, Sorry your work out got cut short y'day. I have a rule that I ALMOST never answer the phone while working out b/c I don't want what happened to you to happen to me! LOL If it's DH calling and I'm NOT doing cardio then I will answer cause I know it'll be short and sweet but if it's cardio I ALWAYS ignore it! Better luck tonight! Hope the headache goes away in time!

I have Plyometrics on tap for tomorrow after work. :eek: I did that work out once before and only managed 1/2 of it! I also did some of the moves in cardio x as I did that once before as well. I am afraid of it because the first 30 mins killed me when I did it! If I can't finish I may plug IMAX 2 in to make up the time!LOL

Okay, well dinner is done and cleaned up for the most part. Time to relax a bit before starting bedtime rituals with DS.

Toodles!:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.