Shrinking Violets Check-in for February 18-24, 2007

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

Happy Friday everyone. This morning was PLB/PUB Up pre-mixes minus the abs. Made a great 1 hour workout.

All this road trip talk is making me anxious. I can't remember how long ahead of time the registration was for the last one, but all this talk in Feb. with a possible date in July or August sure makes for a long wait.

I too hope I can go. Heather, I'm sure you'll be able to find someone to ride with or split a rental car with. I also remember last time that they gave us the name of a shuttle service, to and from the airport. For transportation between the hotels and club, they rented a school bus. I think we paid $8.00 to be able to ride the school bus. I have a friend in PA, so if I go, I may fly in a day or two early to spend some time with her. As for sign ups, I think last time they made an annoucement that signups would open at a certain time on a certain day. I don't know how quickly it will fill up this time,but there sure is a lot of talk of people who want to go.

Wendy and Kali: You both live within driving distance of the club, don't you? Have you ever been to the Four Seasons club for a Cathe workout?

Alright, I've got to get back to work.

Have a great weekend.

Jean

Happy Friday Guys!

This week has been hectic w/ DH gone. :( :( Plus the fact that I had to cancel my GTG w/ Wendy x( :( x( has been bumming me out all dang week.

Jean, Wendy is a lot closer than I am. I am a few hours away. Wendy can probably tell you how far I am from there.
So glad everyone is going to try to go! What fun!

Well I did PH yesterday and I'm off to do RS. I started an aggressive low carb high protein diet this week. So I'm going to try my best to stick with it.

Have a good evening all!

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Shrinking Violets Check-in

Praise God for Fridays! After my quiet time this morning, I bounced on my rebounder then endured one more super stressful day at work. I was craving chocolate! I resisted the temptation but later indulged in peanut butter cookies (with no hydrogenated oil or high fructose corn syrup).

I did the stability ball segments of Total Body Stretching and relaxed at home tonight. I received the Hare and Maximum Cardio from a trade today and started previewing the Hare tonight. The ballroom dance segments look like fun. I expect to enjoy this one, but it will definitely be a recovery week workout. It is not Cathe intense by any stretch of the imagination. Of course, I did not expect it to be. I just wanted the ballroom dance segments for lighter weeks. I am planning to attend Beth Moore’s simulcast at a local church tomorrow. I am very excited about that. I am also excited about the possibility of attending the Cathe Road Trip this summer. I do not want to celebrate until Cathe announces the dates and I have a registration confirmation in my inbox. I have a feeling that this will sell out fast.

Tomorrow will be a busy day. I want to attend the Saturday night worship service this week because it will be our discipleship pastor’s last night with us, and we are having a reception for him.

Hugs to all the Violets!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Jean, Nope, never been to Cathe's club. I am driving distance but not close. It will probably take me 90 mins or so to get down there.

Kali, We ARE rooming together for the RT, right!?!?!:+

Heather, Ball room dance segments? That sounds interesting. ENJOY!:)

Well, my rear end is on fire from Legs and Back y'day and today I will be running!}( Tomorrow is my rest day and is the close of week 7 of the X! I start the recovery week of phase 2 on Monday! I can't believe how fast 3 months is going by with this program!:+

Alright ladies, I can see the bottom of my coffee cup and we all know that this is a sin for me if it's before lunch time so I must get a refill!:p

TOODLES!

Good afternoon Violets!

Wendy of course I'll room with you! I think you're going to appreciate that rest day tomorrow! Glad it's going by fast for you. It's been dragging for me until as of late, but it's getting better.

Heather, I think you will enjoy the ballroom dancing segments. DH and I have talked about taking classes one of these days.

DH is doing good, just very lonley. Yesterday they found a black widow, (they're tiny you know) I always thought they were HUGE! And his buddy almost got run over by a 3 foot iguana! I wish they had a video camera. I miss him, but it's nice having time to myself.

Well I skipped my wo yesterday evening and cleaned so I'm doing RS today. I actually developed DOMS last evening from PH on Thursday! So that was cool!

Gonna go workout now. Talk to you guys later.

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Shrinking Violets Check-in

This was an awesome and glory-filled Saturday! I had such a delightful day that I am not even upset about the number on the scale this morning. I took a peek at the scale because I had a feeling that my weight was stuck. I was right. I am really in tune with my body and do not need a scale to tell me how much I weigh these days. I am holding steady at 214 pounds, which is where I was when I flipped my Cathe calendar on the first day of this month. I ate the last piece of Ezekiel bread tonight and hopefully did my last late workout. I am expecting to see a change as soon as I return to morning workouts and get all the soy out of my system.

After my Bible study lesson this morning, I went to a local church for the Beth Moore simulcast called “Straight Talk on God’s Deliverance.” I was hoping to get a morning workout in before I left, but I slept late and did not have time for anything other than a few minutes of rebounding. The worship was awesome and powerful even at the satellite location. I originally thought about driving to Tyler for the live event. I decided to stay here, and I am glad I did. It was good. Travis Cottrell led the worship. There is such a strong anointing on that man. The manifest presence of God filled that sanctuary.

I love Beth. I can identify with her. She likes words and words and words like I do. She has a Texas accent and great hair. She is a romantic too, and she speaks the language of my heart. She is a former pit dweller like me with a history of childhood abuse. She is a passionate and demonstrative worshiper. She has been redeemed for glory. She has a sanguine personality and a great sense of humor. Her hair does not do well in humidity either. Above all else, she is my sister in Christ.

One of the most powerful lessons I learned today is that it is not about my circumstances. I will never get to the point where I never again have the desire to return to comfort eating. I needed to hear Beth say this today. I thought something was wrong with me earlier this month when those old desires started rising up again. As Beth shared today, deliverance is about having God’s strength to make different choices when those temptations arise. Amen! She also pointed out that deliverance is not just from the pit. Deliverance is to Jesus. Otherwise, we will spend a lifetime cycling in and out of the pit.

I learned why I love to spin and twirl during my workouts. I adore pivot turns and spins. When I do one of Cathe’s dancy workouts like Rhythmic Step, I am so happy in Jesus. I view exercise as an act of worship, but it is more than that. I never understood it, but I always felt it in my spirit. As I have shared before, I am a word study lover. Beth is too. The Old Testament was originally written in Hebrew. Beth shared this favorite verse:

“This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it” (Psalm 118:24 NIV).

The original Hebrew word for rejoice means “to spin around and rejoice with great dancing.” Did you see that?! To spin around! I am literally rejoicing in the Lord when I am spinning around during my Cathe workouts!

I fasted and prayed today. I cried at the altar during the break and poured out my heart. This was another fresh start for me. I took a short nap late this afternoon and did Kickbox (cardio, planks, and abs) before the worship service tonight. I am ready to get busy with the Hardcore Series. I need to work on my flexibility and may do Stretch Max tomorrow on my rest day. I need to go to the grocery store as well.

It is time for me to start winding down for the night. Have a blessed Sunday, Violets!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.