Sharing - A couple of observations about my body

candi

Cathlete
I have not done an ab workout for about a week and a half and already the pooch in my lower abs that has been growing is down...alot! But, I still have the definition!

Nutra sweet constipates me! Splenda does not. I switched diet soda (okay...not clean, I know) to Diet Right with Splenda and noticed this immediately.

P.S. Only one serving of diet soda a day, okay :+

Comments welcome!

Laura,

At home it would be A & W Diet Root beer but if out, it was Diet Pepsi or Coke, all with Nutra Sweet as the sweetener. Now I am drinking Diet Rite Tangerine at home and when out, lemon water with splenda.

Candi,

Nutrasweet bloats me too. Whenever I eat or drink something that contains it I feel like I'm 5 months pregnant! I'm glad you found something that you like.:)

Becky

So, Becky, you think it might be the Nutrasweet that was bloating me and not that I was overworking my abs? I was just thinking the Nutrasweet was causing the constipation but it could have been causing bloating too.

Gee wiz, Candi, connect the dots, DUH!

Candi,

It could be a combo of both. I know that for me (and some others) Nutrasweet causes a lot of bloating. I do much better with Splenda, but still try to limit that to maybe a few times a week. Isn't it funny how something that you really don't even think about can make such a big difference?:)

Becky

Abs are an endurance muscle, unless your using weights, you should be able to do abs everyday. Just like pilates can be done everyday.

>Abs are an endurance muscle, unless your using weights, you
>should be able to do abs everyday. Just like pilates can be
>done everyday.

I've never heard of an 'endurance muscle'. Could you elaborate? Do you mean that the abs have more type 1 fibers?

This is my logic:

I an an endo. I carry a layer of fat on my body. If I am building up the muscle in my abs but my fat layer is not burning off properly, the muscle will push out thereby giving me a pooch.

Not very scientific but that is what I mean by overworking my abs :+

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back