Sexy Older Men

lorax

Cathlete
I saw an article in a women's magazine recently about how the standard for what's considered sexy in our society revolves around youth. So the magazine took a poll of the readers to see what celebrity men over the age of 50 they considered sexy (Sean Connery had the most votes). I thought it would be fun to take this poll with our group of sexy, fit and fabulous forum readers. So gals, who do you think is the sexiest man over 50? And any of you guys out there, which woman?

I'm 36 and my first runner up is Harrison Ford - he's got that whole rugged, hero thing going on. But my choice for sexiest man over 50 is hands down, at age 61, Smokey Robinson. I know he's an avid golfer but I don't know what else he does to stay in such great shape. "Oooh Baby, Baby"! My husband teases me since Smokey's only 2 yrs younger than my dad.

Lorrie :)

Hmmm!

I would have to say it is a tie between Harrison Ford & Clint Eastwood. (Well, Harrison might have a slight edge over Clint!) HoneyBunch, where are you? I know YOUR pick! Would his initials happen to be CN? Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

RE: Hmmm!

Absolutely, CHUCK NORRIS! His young wife is expecting twins, which is kind of nuts even for a sexy older guy. He is SO cool, and from what I have read, genuinely a good guy, too.

chuckles

Honeybunch, it cracks me up whenever I read about your infatuation with Chuck Norris! (no disrespect meant!!!) It just always reminds me of my friend Jen, and her equally Chuck-infatuated state. Every time Walker, Texas Ranger would come on, Jen would call me and hold the phone up to the TV so I could hear the theme music. Not that I wanted to, just because SHE wanted me to! :)
After we started living in different time zones, I would often come home to messages on my machine with the familiar music playing. I know that music, but I've never watched the show!!

Anyway, I used to think Harrison Ford was really sexy, but that's been fading over the past few years for some reason...I'll have to think about this one. I'm only 29--those guys are the same age as my Dad was!
Wendy

Hi,

My husband Steve looks exactly like Chuck Norris when he has a beard! He has been followed thru airports. He has had kids walked up to him and say "Hi Chuck". He had one gentlemen cross the street and ask him if he was CN.
He has shaved the beard but kept the mustache. It was humorous!

Laura

Honeybunch,

Believe it or not, way back when, CN asked my mom out. She was in her 20s at the time and she and my father were both black belts in karate. Anyway, CN was at some big karate tournament that my parents attended and after checking out mom's moves he asked her out. She, of course, was flattered but said sorry she was married. I tease my dad about it to this day!

Lorrie

Paul McCartney is older, too. 58 or 59 now, and HE is sexy too! Didn't we love Paul when we were younger, Deb H? He was the cute Beatle. He's single now, and I heard he likes to sign autographs!!!!!

Yes!

Paul is definitely and always WAS the cutest Beatle! We're telling our age HB!!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH
"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!" :)

RE: Yes!

Well, I can see that Spring has Sprung on the forum. Okay, Okay, I have a fav. I could actuall forget Crazy 8 pain over Andy Garcia! I think he is pretty darn near 50. Deb D

Man, when I saw this post I knew ole Chuck Norris would be mentioned!! I gotta admit, he is a good looking guy, no doubt. In fact, you all have very good tastes in men. All of them mentioned so far are definite winners I think.
Since I am 34 and I believe Cathe is slightly older than me, can I vote for her!! :) At the risk of getting thrown off of this site....lol.....I must say I think she is very sexy!
But, as far as sexy women celebs over 50 I really had to wrack my brain. I think Geena Davis is over 50 so there you go. I also like Susan Sarandon, Judith Light, and Sharon Stone. Not sure if they are all over 50.
Back to the under 50 crowd. Remember Rachel McLish, the bodybuilder? Saw her recently and she looks awesome! And of course Karen Voight! OMG!!! LOL! :)
In the end, I just cant narrow it down ladies!! Sorry!
Trevor :)

Man, when I saw this post I knew ole Chuck Norris would be mentioned!! I gotta admit, he is a good looking guy, no doubt. In fact, you all have very good tastes in men. All of them mentioned so far are definite winners I think. My mother loves Sean Connery to death!
Since I am 34 and I believe Cathe is slightly older than me, can I vote for her!! :) At the risk of getting thrown off of this site....lol.....I must say I think she is very sexy!
But, as far as sexy women celebs OVER 50 I really had to wrack my brain. I think Geena Davis is over 50 so there you go. I also like Susan Sarandon, Judith Light, and Sharon Stone. Not sure if they are all over 50.
Back to the under 50 crowd. Remember Rachel McLish, the bodybuilder? Saw her recently and she looks awesome! And of course Karen Voight! OMG!!! LOL! :)
In the end, I just cant narrow it down ladies!! Sorry!

Sorry bout that double post! But while I am apologizing.....................GO TERPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Mar-31-01 AT 10:16PM (Est)[/font][p]I don;t think he qualifies as over 50, but maybe my taste runs to "younger men" (Trevor?!) take note!!!: Nicolas Cage gets me going EVERY TIME, TOM HANKS right behind, and then Clark Gable, Bogie, and Cary Grant-although ah-hem on Cary. But, I love him anyway...It's the self-confidence. Wait, I forgot--Sean Connery is number one. Of Course. I notice nobody has mentioned pierce brosnan.... a little TOO pretty?

RE: Yes!

Beatles were so awesome, but I was always more of a Stones fan. Mick has definitely gotten better with age - his face has matured around his lips nicely. :*

Lorrie

Smokey Robinson

My husband & I saw Smokey Robinson in concert several years ago in Reno. He was merely great and seemed like a genuinely nice person as well. If you ever get a chance to see him, I would highly recommend that you do.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.