RWH Two Month rotation

KC5689

Cathlete
Hi All,
Has anyone done the 2 month entirely RWH rotation and if so were you happy with your results? It seems tough but I want to build muscle and increase my stamina so I'm going to attempt it. Any feedback would be much appreciated:)

I did one month of RWH and was totally exhausted! Unless you are is super shape I'd plan on a tough 2 months! If I did it over again, I'd probably take more rest days or alternate each RWH week with a gentler week like barre, yoga, and walking.

I agree with Stacy- they mount up! I had good results, but I usually do at least 3 month rotations, and I did rwh over Christmas, so unfair to compare it to anything else. But, yes, it challenges. Everything seems to involve the legs ....

I did just notice that the 2 month rotation does have 2 rest days per week which is good! These workouts still kick my butt though! I wonder why the first week ends with Biceps and Back and then early in the 2nd week she starts weight training with Biceps and Back instead of Chest/Tri/Sh.

Thanks for the feedback ladies. I just completed July '15 rotation where week 3 had Lift It Hit It upper body and Plyo and was exhausted. I'm getting back into working out after a long period of inconsistency so this may not be the right time to start this rotation for me. If I'm being honest, I was not looking forward to all of the HiiT w/o. I think I will choose a different rotation.

I think XTrain is a good place to start- the 3 month rotation is great. But others will have their favourites. With XTrain you can do just one or two rounds of tabatacise, and it's not introduced until later in the rotation. Supercuts and Hardstrikes are quite forgiving. At the same time you get some good lifting with burn sets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good Morning KC5689,

I didn't do the 2 month rotation but I did the 1 month RWH - Scrambled Rotation back in January. And yes, this series is a tough and challenging series, even for a well conditioned individual. It moves fast, the moves are dynamic, the weights are challenging but the end result is your metabolism is fully charged to lean out your overall physique and definately build some nice definition for your new found muscles.
I found that it leans out all those trouble zones especially the lower body/hip area, at least, in my case. (even your torso will be defined!)

I will say priority should be taken to maintain your energy by maximizing your slumber and eating a healthy and well rounded diet. I am sure I did add a few extra rest days to recoup as well.

I recall Cathe saying in this series, if I'm going too fast & you can't keep up, slow it down, reduce your poundage but "always keep good form". (Her #1 commandment)
So when I revisit this series, I will take this advise to heart. This is a series that is a work in progress for me & Cathe sets the benchmark high! Truthfully, when I do a new Cathe workout/series, my adrenaline is so high & fired up that I can get through the workout but the next time I do it - my body is more aware of what to expect and that's when I can truly determine how hard the workout is.

Cathletes above have some great suggestions to add like adding barre work, walking and yoga (absolutely need to elongate those hard worked muscles). I also like the XTrain series recommendation Justinef proposed.

Keep moving forward KC5689!

I found the ripped with HIIT very hard to do. I am an intermediate advanced exerciser! I could not do the full rotation I got sick. I ended up getting a cold and stomach virus not because the RWH I don't guess but it just to have happened that way. What I am hoping to do however is revisit this series after the ICE series comes out. I want to put RWH and ICE together, thinking maybe it will allow for me to complete the RWH and get great results but have some gentler days in between when I don't want or can't beat myself up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have done most of the RWH rotations. They are butt kickers for sure! I am currently doing the 1 month scrambled rotation and feel pretty wiped out...I needed to squeeze in extra rest days a few times and I've had to cut back on the poundage this week to maintain form :oops:. I am looking forward to doing a week of something a little less intense next week ;)!

Thanks so much ladies for all of your feedback! I actually decided to start the
Oct '13 rotation which incorporates XTrain, CF, TTM, and the new videos that year. Actually, FireLight, I think I saw your review of the rotation, which helped me decide. I think I'll do a 1 month RWH rotation after I complete this one. Hopefully I'll be ready.:)

Go for it KC5689!

Cathe's rotations are wonderful tools to achieve a balanced and healthy physique no matter where you are in life and what your overall goals are.

Keep us informed of your progress and we are cheering you on!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.