Rotations with "Mish-Mosh"?

Shelbyfit

Hi, everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a link that has rotations with all mish-moshing... e.g., Warm-up of Step Works, first segment of Rhythmic Step, circuit segment of Body Max, abs/stretch of MIS.

I love mixing it up within the same workout, so any suggestions/rotations of this type would be much appreciated!!
:)
Thanks!
~Amy S.

RE: Rotations with

What DVD workouts do you own?? I have made up my own workout mish-moshes using a veriety of Cathe DVDs that have a certain focus (i.e Drillmax w/ Imax 3 blasts for legs&plyo work). I am not sure about a link Cathe has, but if you let me know what you own, I can help you come up with a few suggestions...

Kristen

Hello Kristen,

I've heard of mish moshes but they only work if you have mulitple disc DVD players right? I don't have one. Doesn't the mish mosh become less effective if you have to keep changing discs all the time? I have tried to mix different workouts on the same dvd or switching between 2 e.g. KPC + Kick Max blasts + leg drills, putting in a 3rd for abs & stretch is probably doable. But if I was to use 1 disc for warm up and another 1 step segment and so on then it's not feasible.

How do you do your mish moshes? Do you have a multi disc DVD player? If you have any ideas on how I can do it with mine I'd love to hear it.

Here is what I own (cardio only):

KCP, Legs & Glutes
Kick Max
Rhythmic Step, IMAX, MIC
IMAX 2, Cardio & Weights
Step Jump & Pump, Step Blast
Cardio Kicks, Circuit Max
Step Works, Step Fit, Power Max
Body Max 2
LIC
Drill Max
Cardio Fusion

Hi! No, I actually do not have a multiple disk player. I have an Xbox 360 with only one disk holder. The way I have set up my mish-moshes is that whatever workout I am doing first, I do that warm-up and when it comes time to switch dvds, I just open the Xbox and move around the dvds. I keep moving to keep my heart rate up (no longer than 30 seconds). The nice thing about the Xbox is that I can go directly to the point in the next workout that I want. I just click on the "next chapter" button. What sort of player do you have?? Let me know how I can help :)

Hi, Kristen,

Thanks for offering to help me out!!

I have all of Cathe's DVDs other than those from the beginning (Power Max, Step Max, Step Fit) and those aimed toward beginners/intermediate. I also have advanced Firm workouts I do now and then.

Any help you could give would be awesome!

Thanks!
Amy

Hi Amy! I guess a good place to start is with a couple of informational questions.

#1. what are your goals?
#2. how much time (length) per workout/days of working out?
#3. cardio only? or cardio + weights?
#4. fitness level (beginner, intermediate, advanced)
#5. least favorite...favorite workouts

Ok, let me know!!

Hi Amy!

I did Mish Mosh cardio today. It was extreme, but boy I felt better when it was over!

Step Jump and Pump step and all the hi/lows except the low impact one.

The first two step parts of Step Blast (I did not need the warmup since I had already done the Step Jump and Pump one).

The Cardio Premix from Kick Punch and Cruch. As much as I dislike kickbox, I know it's good for me.

To top it all off, I did the abs and stretch from Kick Punch and Crunch.

It took me appx. 2 hour to do all this -- but that includes a water break and changing DVDs. I did not care about losing my heartrate even briefly since I was doing such an intense routine and each part I did lasted between 30 to 45 minutes.

But it was one heck of a fun cardio day!

In fact, I am planning another cardio marathon day after tomorrow.

Tomorrow it's Pure Strength Biceps, etc., with the Gym Style Timesaver for Biceps, etc. as an add on. I won't do any cardio though.

I am pushing for results, but I am also not forgetting I need to have a rest day during my rotation.

When you say Firm Advanced, do you mean the Classic?

They are great -- and when I finish my little rotation I am on now, I think I'll throw in a Firm Classic. I really like Vol. 2, 3, and 6.

Hi, Kristen!

Wow, you asked a lot of good questions!!

1) My goals are to tone up a bit more and possibly lose 5 pounds or so. I'd like to be a little more chiseled.
2) I tend to work out 5-6 days per week for up to an hour or more.
3) I love mixing cardio and weights, but I don't mind splitting them into one per day, either.
4) I consider myself a higher intermediate/advanced exerciser.
5) I like almost all of Cathe's workouts...I lean more toward High Step Challenge, High Step Circuits, Low Max, Boot Camp (but I don't own the DVD), Kick Max... Again, though, I like almost everything!

Thanks so much!
~Amy

Amy, Hi! If you would like, I can put together some mish moshes for you. Some will be just cardio and some cardio and weights. Give me until Sunday and I'll post them back to you. Again, these are the DVDs you have correct? Thanks,

Kristen

P.S. Some of the workouts will be challenging!! But, you can do anything for a minute!! :+

Thanks, Kristen!

Just wanted to let you know I don't have Boot Camp on DVD, just VHS. But I can always set it to the beginning of a cycle if necessary. I should just bite the bullet and get the DVD! :)

Thanks again!
~Amy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back