Ripped with HiiT December

I am loving these workouts and the length of them are just perfect.
I did low impact HiiT 1 and abs 1.
This is my second time doing this workout. I really like using the mat. The music moves you along. The ABS 1 keep my heart rate up.

I haven't done any of the upper body weight lifting ones yet. I am looking forward to the burn. :)

Has anyone tried the extreme premixes for the upper body weight workouts which gives you 4 sets of 12 before the finishers instead of 3? I want to try those eventually but I'm wondering if I would have to go lighter on my weights since I was pretty much wiped out after 3 sets.

Jen and cat women, l did lift it Hitt legs, Monday and I found it more intense than cardio leg blast. I lifted heavier and the cardio following the weight mimics the weighted exercises. It fries your legs like nothing else. Have fun!

Last edited:
Just finished Lower body circuit. I don't know which is harder, this or LIHI legs. I pretty much matched Cathe's weight but did only use 1 riser instead of 2 since this was my first time. I will use 2 risers next time. I have now completed all of the new dvds and loved them all. They are perfect in length and intensity. I think I will take a rest day tomorrow since I haven't had one in about 7 days.

Plyo HiiT One and Abs Two today. Cathe can call them knee slaps all day long, but she's not fooling me. I know they're tuck jumps! :) I did the snow angels on my elbow this time and it was much better. Besides, I don't think my triceps would have supported me for long after yesterday's workout!

Okay I did do low impact HIIT one yesterday after being sick and i just basically did what I could. I really loved it! It was really perfect time wise! I think I did pretty good as far as keeping up except... The lunges jumps and the volley ball things. It seems like anything functional or lunging I need to take more time on because my form is gross. I am not low enough and I can't do each move as it is suppose to if I go that speed but I am thinking it is good that I notice this! It is important to make these moves correct imo because it may help keep me out of nursing home? What do you girls think? These functional moves should I go slower and execute the moves right or go really fast and do the moves just best I can ? What's best do you think?
Today was chest, shoulders and triceps... At the end with tricep bent overs she said I'm gonna be mean here and make you go only to your here then back up. I said well I'm going to be chicken and lower my weight then! DH laughing at me! Lol I really loved this workout to! The finishers was hard! I could hardly do the push-ups! I have a lot of work to do Geez !

Since doing LIHI Legs yesterday, I've been so sore. Today I had to take it easy. I did Travis Elliot's Yoga Foundations Workout 1.

Renee - LOL I have a lot of work to do too! I'm glad you're feeling better. Tomorrow I have Low Impact HiiT. As far as Speed vs. Form goes, I would think form is more important and the speed will come with practice. I know I was not able to keep up in Plyo HiiT but I hope to be able to eventually.

Plyo HiiT One and Abs Two today. Cathe can call them knee slaps all day long, but she's not fooling me. I know they're tuck jumps! :) I did the snow angels on my elbow this time and it was much better. Besides, I don't think my triceps would have supported me for long after yesterday's workout!
Lmbo I have not done this one yet but I will be looking for those "knee slaps" insert witch laugh! I can hear her now! Let's call them knee slaps this time and they might THINK there easier! Till the end and it bites !

This morning was LIHI Legs + Abs 2. I LOVED Legs! That might be my favorite workout in the series. Personally I found it much easier than HIIT Lower Body Circuit. Both are excellent workouts and I love them both but Lower Body Circuit is brutal; Legs was tough, but not in the same way LBC is. LBC is Legs + Plyo HIIT 1 combined, sort of. Anyway, I am really thrilled with all of these new workouts. Abs 2 was much harder (and not nearly as fun) as Abs 1--but I definitely felt it.

Yesterday for doubles I did Plyo HIIT 2--much easier IMHO than Plyo HIIT 1. It was tough, make no mistake--but not like Plyo HIIT 1. I had initially planned next week to do the extreme premix that combined both Plyo HIIT 1 & 2... but then I did Plyo HIIT 1 and started to reconsider. But I did Plyo HIIT 2 yesterday and I again think it is doable. Not sure which extreme premix to do first tho--the on that starts with the hardest plyo HIIT or the easier one...?

My doubles for today is Low Impact HIIT 2.

Mary--I have some yoga and a rest day in my near future and I will be needing it! My shoulders are a little sore from Back, Shoulders & Biceps yesterday. Tomorrow is Chest, Triceps & Shoulders, then some yoga on Saturday and Sunday--nothing. Just rest. By Friday I will have done all of the RwH workouts.

Renee--form is always paramount in any exercise, but in those low impact workouts speed is a close second. At least if you want to get the "HIIT" factor that is in the title. And I am referring to Low Impact HIIT 1 which I did on Tuesday. Most of the moves seemed (to me) to rely on speed in order to get your heart rate really elevated--above just the aerobic range that is. For something to be a HIIT it has to get you heart rate into the anaerobic range and I don't know that mine ever really got that high in Low Impact HIIT 1. It looks like in Low Impact HIIT 2 she uses dumbbells to really elevate the heart rate. So we'll see how that goes. I know it works in Afterburn--that workout always HIITs me hard!

Did HILI Legs + abs 2 and it was fun! Not nearly as hard as I was expecting, but the heavy weights make it a great workout. Still feeling the triceps from Monday! Way to work us Cathe!
Will do Plyo HiiT 2 today. I like the "double it" premixes for these workouts b/c they give the length I like.

I have to agree with Jengollf about Lower body circuit. I did it yesterday and am sore today in the thighs and butt. I wasn't really sore after LIHI legs. Both are great but lower body circuit is harder. I found plyo #2 harder than #1. I had a difficult time keeping up with Cathe's speed in some of the moves for Plyo #2. I'm not sure if I'll do the extreme and combine them like I did for the 2 Low impact ones, now that was a great workout. Not sure if I'll do anything today, should be a rest day for me. But I might do some light yard work since I live in FL and still have grass. But will surely be doing some yoga to stretch out my legs and lower back. Have a great day everyone.

Kim

I did Low Impact HiiT 2 + Abs 1 this morning.
This was a nice workout but next time I'll probably do a longer premix. If I'd had more time, I would've added on today. I really enjoyed Abs 1. Like Jen said, Abs 2 was harder but Abs 1 was more fun. I love how there're so different!

You guys are saying LIHI Legs is easier than Lower Body Circuit?!? {gulp} I may wait till I've done LIHI Legs a few more times before I try LB Circuit. Since I'm doing the Two-Month Entirely RWH, the 2 Circuit workouts aren't scheduled until month 2, so that gives me some time to work up to it.

Jen, I'll be joining you in Chest, Triceps, and Shoulders tomorrow! I'm a little worried about the push-ups...

I'm doing it tonight. My second time. Hope I can walk tomorrow. Two days a week as rest days!! I feel like I'm slacking. But, it's all my schedule permits this month. Next month, I'm kicking butt.

Last edited:
I did Chest,triceps, and shoulders this morning, holy cow! I've got a lot of work to do. My arms were shaking even an hour later!

Renee: I think form is important but in that particular workout I think the pace is slightly more important. Try the exercises more shallow to start, then as you get better go deeper.

Mary: I felt LIHI for 2 days after I did it. Not so sore I couldn't walk but enough to remind me what I did.

Kim & Sara : I haven't done the PLYO workouts yet. Tomorrow I have PLYO 1 on the schedule.

LIHI Legs today. Loved it! I used the same weights as Cathe, but I did put up arrows next to most of them. Of course, if I'm walking funny tomorrow, I may change my mind about that. Haha! Looking forward to my rest day tomorrow!!

I too will be doing the Get Started RWH rotation and started on Tuesday with Low Impact 1. Yesterday was RWH chest shoulders triceps and today was RWH Legs.

I'll catch up when I have more time but I plan to check in while doing RWH. Thanks for starting the check-in Elaine.

Did Plyo Hiit #2 (Doubled it) and thought it was fun. I think that plyo Hiit #1 was harder, but they both get the job done!
Today I'll try RWH/Upper body. So far this is such a fun set of workouts.

Happy Friday Everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.